It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old soldier drops three bombshells!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The man is senile. In the video interview, he states that he was in the Army from '48-'55 (7 years), though when asked about his rank, he states that he was a MSG (Master Sergeant), 1SG (First Sergeant) and Company Commander (Captain). Usually, a company commander is a Captain or O-3 and a MSG and 1SG are both E-8. While one can achieve the rank of Captain within the 7 year time-frame, the same can't be said for MSG or 1SG.

As soon as I heard this at the beginning of the video, I quit watching as this guy is obviously lying, senile or both. Another think that smells a little funny about this guy, is that he said he is coming out with his story to help his son/grandson (the younger guy sitting next to him).

--airspoon

[edit on 29-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
When she asks him why he is coming out now, he says "im 80 year old, not lot much longer to go and I'd like to help Kendal as much as I can". He's doing it in the hopes of making is son Kendal some money. The son sits there the whole time listening intently and nodding his head to make sure he sticks to the story, he even corrects him.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I agree ! Regarding the theory of one guard... Inconspicuous. As for story... Mmm

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

Starred.

Today, I realized why I read ATS. It's not for the "subversive" ideas, or the conspiracies or right-wing rants and bigotry. It's not for the stories of alien abductions or UFO sightings. It's not for any of that. It's because, for every ten idiotic posters making or buying into idiotic claims without an ounce of critical thinking involved, there's people like you, proving that not everybody is a moron.

The problem with the majority of this site's vocal membership is that they come into the community holding preconceived ideas that they "know" are absolutely true and they refuse to understand or concede the truth value of any claims or arguments to the contrary, no matter how obviously false their own ideas are.

It seems to me that the vast majority of this site's output in the "conspiracy theories" department amounts to little more than conspiracy hypotheses (there's a difference, look it up) that their holders then use any means necessary to prove true. Much of the "theories" established come from complete conjecture, with no evidence for them whatsoever. If the "official story" seems in any way inaccurate, instead of this simply meaning that the issue needs to be examined more closely, the gaps are immediately held as proof of a massive conspiracy aiming to mask [insert pet "theory" here].

I like that this site is supposed to be about finding the truth and understanding the world, but so much of the efforts here are grounded in ignorance that it honestly sickens me. This site is unfortunately full of self-styled "radical thinkers" who believe in utter bunk, backed by nonsense and - at times - blatant lies, and it seems that the ignorance grows every day.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pr3l33t
reply to post by DeltaNine

Starred.

Today, I realized why I read ATS. It's not for the "subversive" ideas, or the conspiracies or right-wing rants and bigotry. It's not for the stories of alien abductions or UFO sightings. It's not for any of that. It's because, for every ten idiotic posters making or buying into idiotic claims without an ounce of critical thinking involved, there's people like you, proving that not everybody is a moron.

The problem with the majority of this site's vocal membership is that they come into the community holding preconceived ideas that they "know" are absolutely true and they refuse to understand or concede the truth value of any claims or arguments to the contrary, no matter how obviously false their own ideas are.

It seems to me that the vast majority of this site's output in the "conspiracy theories" department amounts to little more than conspiracy hypotheses (there's a difference, look it up) that their holders then use any means necessary to prove true. Much of the "theories" established come from complete conjecture, with no evidence for them whatsoever. If the "official story" seems in any way inaccurate, instead of this simply meaning that the issue needs to be examined more closely, the gaps are immediately held as proof of a massive conspiracy aiming to mask [insert pet "theory" here].

I like that this site is supposed to be about finding the truth and understanding the world, but so much of the efforts here are grounded in ignorance that it honestly sickens me. This site is unfortunately full of self-styled "radical thinkers" who believe in utter bunk, backed by nonsense and - at times - blatant lies, and it seems that the ignorance grows every day.

Wow someone's full of themself...

anyway, this interview didn't seem all that natural. The young guy bugged me, the interviewer sucked and his story was too much for me to believe. This should go into hoaxed or something

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

D0MiNAT0R 1OOO.....

Thanks for posting that interesting video.

In the end.....who knows.....

There's no proof.....nothing.

Me?

I just file it under "interesting videos".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I like reading these kinds of stories. They don't turn me into a believer, but I like to think about the possibility of it being true. Testimony will never prove these claims, though.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Billions? Really? And why is that? There's no reason life would be around if you go billions of years back because you have less volume for the universe and more radiation therefore. Perhaps 10 billion years back is a max for life to be possible. And that does not guarantee humanoids.

Indeed you love to say things but not have logic nor proof to them. If anything use Earth as an example. And Earth does not serve you well. We have billions of humans from one species, not billions of humanoid species. We have hundreds of millions of species, but only 2 of which stand upright on two legs. Humans and Penguins. And penguins are not that intelligent. From even Earth ans a n example you only have a few humanoids per galaxy, and only one that gets into space without blowing themselves up, if you are lucky.

The universe is not infinite. Space is infinite. But mass is not. And because we know of a large number of unoccupied worlds with the upper limit approaching infinity but a small number of finite worlds with a limited number not approaching infinity, you get a number over infinity, and therefore life being kind of rare. And if life is rare, and human life is rarer, th humanoids will be extremely rare.

Holographic universe? Pyramid elitists? souls? Off topic much? These pseudosciences do not affect the amount of life in the universe.

Life is probably common. Complex life is probably rare. Intelligent life rarer, and humanoids almost null.

Orbit for time? No. Time is in seconds is not related to orbit and time itself remains constant to the observer unless of course relativity comes into play. But we are not going to be finding and faster relativity with mass, so I'm afraid your point is incorrect.

The first life forms would have evolved a couple billion years in a warmer universe. They would not evolve any further, because they had everything they needed. As the universe got colder and colder they would have adapted, and more life would have appeared on other worlds. You probably would not see any intelligent life until the year 5 billion. And because they would be the first, they would be several things. They would probably be communistic or lack individuality. It's a sacrifice for speed. You advance a lot faster when everyone goes along with the leader. They would also be unprepared for diversity and different people. They would therefore be basically racist communists with very little knowledge of anything. They'd probably leave a few ruins here and there and get killed off by their own means or another. That system would repeat for quite some time.

And do recall. Intelligence is not the same intelligence for all creatures. Emotional intelligence does not get you into space, but can appear the most human sometimes. But it is not tool intelligence, which will get you places. However, tool intelligence does not guarantee emotion nor anything even remotely human. Tool intelligence can be a purely mathematical society with no concept of love or emotion or anything at all. No painting, no music, no culture. Pure invention and mechanical development. Such creatures would hold the power for a very very long time. Because here on Earth, they do too.

You would not see anything peaceful and loving and caring until a long long long time later. And they'd probably get killed off very quickly against some barbarian people. You know what happened to India when people invaded? The peaceful Buddhists did nothing, many times getting killed. Just look at how easily China took over places where they were. You won't see many peace loving folks your talking about if a China gets into space. In fact, you won't see them at all.

The most prominent peoples would be whatever the environment favors. And see as nature is not all love and fluffy in space, I fail to see how it is remotely possible for any form of fluffy happy space age life. I doubt the existence of any government in a galaxy to begin with. When you have countless worlds at your disposal, numbering more than the amount of people in your nation, government becomes obsolete. Because anybody who disagrees can simply leave. I would doubt any real united peoples of anything in space. I would imagine independent planets with many nations on them dis unified throughout the cosmos. Because they'd have no value on money They would build ships whenever they felt like it. Perhaps trade with each other. Resources become a none issue at that point. You have no government across many worlds. You have government limited to individual worlds and the people on there divided or united based on their own desires.

The game spore is perhaps the most sad excuse for an analogy. A failure of both science and reason. And even spore had its dickheads ruining everyone else day, and the peaceful guys never being able to beat them.

Earth is not a school. It's one world amongst many, doomed to be fried, blown up, flung out of its orbit or something else. Just like very other world. There is nothing special about Earth other then it's the only world we know of to have life. Even though most agree it is very likely common to find worlds with life and life like Earth's. But humans are incredibly rare. Because the circumstances that evolved us were chance. They were random. And they were nothing that could be replicated billions of times over. They were something that could maybe be replicates a few times. 5 at max, across the whole of the universe.

And remember, even if you do get a humanoid, that does not guarantee anything remotely human. Entire brains can evolve wrongly.

There is no direction nor preferred path for evolution. Life plops into whatever it wants and whatever works. Humanity tends to destroy what works in likeness for its own desires. This is not a formula for success.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If the man is trying to help his son get some money out of this, then he is not senile. He is either a schemer or senile, but not both. Scheming takes clear thinking. While this man clearly is showing typical age related difficulties in gathering and expressing his thoughts I am not prepared to label it senility just yet. I am not a doctor anyway

How else could "helping his son" be interpreted? If the story was true, exposing the corruption of government and the military, in order to destroy it, (the corruption) might ensure a better life for his son than he had. Those two puzzle pieces have a nice fit. Doesn't necessarily make it true, but certainly makes it plausible.

If, on the other hand, he is lieing as some have said, what would be his motivation? What would an 80 year old have to gain from a lie? Just to say he is lieing is not good enough. Why would he do so?

The son's demeanor throughout the video was the most puzzling to me. Whether he was just trying to be supportive, or had some ulterior motive is something to speculate. There were no strong clues. I certainly don't see him as someone apt to have a book up his sleeve that needs promoting. "Attention" from the media and his 15 minutes of fame is about all I can imagine. That is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys. I don't want to rain on your debunking parade, but there is something you are overlooking.....

While I don't necessarily believe his story about an alien being held captive and under the watchful eye of a single talkative guard, there are lots of precedence during the 1940's and 1950's for battlefield commissions. He could have been a 1SG or MSG in only 7 years and he could also have achieved CPT (03) through a battlefield commission.

The highest enlisted grade in 1949 was E-7, not E-9 as it is today and the grade of E-7 was achievable in less than two years as clearly shown in the military pay chart for that period.

1949 Military Pay Chart

Battlefield commissions were quite common during that period and even into the 1970's they still existed.

Good luck beating this guys story to death, but you might want to check to see if he is a war hero with lots of commendations before you trash him too much IMHO.

[edit on 29/8/10 by FactFinder]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The second dubious issue is the circumstances of his staying in the service after he broke his ankle, but only if he did exactly what they told him to do. That's ludicrous. You ALWAYS have to do exactly what they tell you to do. There are no degrees of freedom here; you must follow lawful orders, period.

The keyword is "lawful." Clearly what he said he did was unlwaful and his superiors would obviously have known he would be ordered to do unlawful things. Not to say he is telling the truth, however.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
this all seems to be a little too far fetched to believe...so he broke his ankle and was asked to do whatever they wanted and he could stay in the army....he has to do whatever they want anyway...and it doesn't seem like they would have one person do all the things he is saying...they would most likely have different people for different events....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The oldman seems genuine, I think at one point this would have been a really big deal, poor guy he should have come forward much sooner because he is under the impression his son would benifit from his Dad whistleblowing.

Too many othrs have come forward with more info than this, but it didnt change much nor did they ever make anything from it, I am kind of embarrased for the man.

Hope this gives his son some validation for whichever websites he has shared this with that may have thought he was hoaxing this story.

This is his 15 minutes and I believe the oldman.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
well i would just like to say that i have served 25 yrs in the marines
and though the story might be a little difficult for some to swallow i
am willing to give him the benefit of belief.i really dont think he
has any reason to lie and nothing to gain.i can honestly say that
after serving all the years that i have there are plenty of things
that go on that people would never believe,ever but the fact of
the matter is they do.and not everything in the military has to be
some big story thats believable.sometimes its the simpilist story
that they no one would believe and thats the way they want it.
we have had people that have worked at the pentagon selling
military secrets to chinese spys for 2000.00 dollars and have
jepordized our secrets fo so little money,this man has know
reason to lie,i have seen first hand how our military works
and it is not always complicated like people think!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pr3l33t

That's very kind of you to say, thank you. I enjoyed your post also, hence the star.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FactFinder
Sorry guys. I don't want to rain on your debunking parade, but there is something you are overlooking.....

While I don't necessarily believe his story about an alien being held captive and under the watchful eye of a single talkative guard, there are lots of precedence during the 1940's and 1950's for battlefield commissions. He could have been a 1SG or MSG in only 7 years and he could also have achieved CPT (03) through a battlefield commission.

The highest enlisted grade in 1949 was E-7, not E-9 as it is today and the grade of E-7 was achievable in less than two years as clearly shown in the military pay chart for that period.

1949 Military Pay Chart

Battlefield commissions were quite common during that period and even into the 1970's they still existed.

Good luck beating this guys story to death, but you might want to check to see if he is a war hero with lots of commendations before you trash him too much IMHO.

While you can under extraordinary circumstances make E-8 in seven years, the likelihood is very low. Also, if you do get a battlefield commission you are not automatically going to get promoted to captain. You will be a 2nd lieutenant and then a 1st lieutenant before you ever make captain. At the minimum its maybe 2 and a half years to make CPT and that is even crazy fast. Usually its more than 3. So his rank and time in service do not add up. Also that pay chart shows pay for an E-7 with less than 2 years, but so does this modern one:
2010 Military Pay Chart

You are not going to make E-7 in two years. I don't care if you get more medals than Audie Murphy. I'm not sure why they include 2 or less years, 2 years, etc. for the higher ranks, but they do.

It sounds like this old man is trying to embellish his war record. It happens all the time. Soldiers get caught all the time claiming awards they never earned and deployments and services they never did.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Jo Jo]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
disregard

Deebo

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Deebo]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Awesome story. I read this somewhere else and remember it being posted here. I believe his story. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. The one thing that got me is the color of the alien: orange-grey dead color. Yet, no one has mention this in any of their responses. I read a ton and I know someone else has mention this orange colored alien before and I need to know who...I just can not remember who or what story it was from. I just remember it because orange is just such a strange color to come up with and it has only been mention once before in another story. Why didn't he say blue or green, something more common in UFO circles. No. Instead he was very specific. Orange grey dead color. There is some truth to his story. If anyone can remember the other story with the orange aliens please respond! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
An interesting story, but a lot that doesn't add up.

For one thing, he states that Camp Perry was one of the most secret bases at the time. Not true, it has hosted NRA events since 1907! Not exactly something a "secret" base would do...

going to have to agree with BS on this one...and not just for the above. A lot of it isn't adding up. Guards (especially top clearance ones) don't just ignore their clearance requirements (even for buddies), nor risk their livelihood (and freedom) on such things.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Good video

It's obvious we have alot of 'kids' here debunking this mans story. The man has one leg in the grave and he wants to get things off his chest before he meets his maker. The military was run much differently back then unlike it is today where the CO has to wipe the butts of his subordinates before they call home to momma. Most of these posts in here are the reasons why alot of these guys don't come forward, who wants to at 80 years of age come forward only to be ridiculed by some young snotty nosed kid who more than likely never even served in the military and neither did his daddy. Evidence you want, what kind of evidence, a 1950's era digital photo of the alien along with an interview? An affidavit from the CO's in the military and FBI? All those debunking this mans story, lets see your **Documented Proof** that this man didn't do what he claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join