It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boats reach Gaza despite blockade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Post removed because of error, with sincere apologies.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by wcitizen]

Added title

[edit on 28/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This news gave me goosebumps.

The Al Jazeera article seems to be dated 25 August, but I'm posting it in 'Breaking' because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere until today....and because it's such important news.

I felt almost in tears when I read about the hundreds of Palestinians waving flags and cheering to greet the boats.

I have so much admiration and appreciation for those who have persisted and persisted and who just won't give up on trying to break the blockade and help the Palestinian people. And this time they have SUCCEEDED. The Palestinians are RECEIVING THEIR AID!!!

People power - not to be underestimated!

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
2 years ago, this move should show the world the cruelty of the unjustified and unlawful blockade. It was made to bring hope to Gaza. Sadly this incident was not very well covered by the western news. An attack on the 9th flotilla was needed, to gain lots of news-coverage.

Greta Berlin, one of the original flotilla-activists, was interviewed on Jerusalem Calling.
www.wsradio.com...:-Jerusalem-Calling/archives/date/selected/07-29-2010.html

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for posting!

I haven't heard a word about this elsewhere!

OK! it was not any larger ships that came through, although an important symbolic gesture of International solidarity with the Palestinians in Gaza.

Good for them!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
"Let's not start sucking each others ***** yet."......this quote from the movie Pulp Fiction seems to be appropriate here.

Israel was obviously monitoring the two ships very closely, before, during, and after they left Cyprus. They knew that there were no weapons or weapon making materials on those ships. They decided to let them arrive at their destination in order to avoid yet another provoked confrontation.

While the Israeli gesture was welcomed by the Palestinians, it will only embolden Hamas and other peace activists who will no doubt be attempting to deliver more weapons and so called "Needed aid" in the future.

This blockade will not end until the Palestinian people grow weary of the destruction that Hamas has brought down on them and reject the terrorist organization once and for all......But what are the odds of something like this occurring? When you take into consideration the raw hatred that the Palestinian people have for the Jews, it is a long shot in the ultimate extreme.

So there will no doubt be more aid flotillas bound for Gaza in the near future, and there will no doubt be more deliberate provocations by Hamas that will erupt in violence. There will be more death threats orchestrated by Hamas against the peace activists in order to make the Israeli's look like some sort of monsters. There will be more blame directed towards Israel, and there will be more world condemnation of the tiny nation who has had to fight for its very existence every single day since its re-establishment in 1948.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hello!!

The article is dated 8/25/2008. That's 2008! not 2010.

Aid is constantly delivered to Gaza. It just doesn't always end up in the hands of those who need it most.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Oh wow. That rox!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this, it's nice to the bully's not actually all powerful.

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Yes, indeed. But at least they did give coverage to the attack on the flotilla and the world got to see the Israelis for what they are.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

OMG, so sorry!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So many people are so eager.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c33b40ba4d1b.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join