It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time ripple from the future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
lately i have noticed strange time effects, and people have told me they have as well. for example, one morning i woke up (at around 10 am...) got up and streched, next thing i know bam! 7 at night. i asked my girlfriend who had stayed over if she saw, but she said i wasnt there all day. by there, i mean the spot i was standing. one of my friends told me a story of his, when he was about 9 1/2, he was walking down the street with his mother and a man walked up to them and started laughing. his mother asked what his problem was, to which he replied "i cant believe it happened!" now, years later, he was walking down the street and saw a 9 year old with his mother. he approached them, and it was his mother from when he was 9. this i think would be a time wrinkle, where time bends back on itself caused bu a event in the future that pushes away time, causing multiple wrinkles and "timeholes" (wormholes in time, caused by time wrinkles) that make time skip at certan places.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You claim to have experienced this and yet you post this story with a simple question "Time ripple in the future?" ???

every normal person would be like WHOOOOOAH!!!! but nooo..

funny Thread

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

WHOOOOOOOOOOOAH!!! I experienced a time ripple from the future!!!
General reaction: Oversensationalized title, can you prove it?

Time ripple from the future?
Fair title presented as a question.

You can't please everyone...

reply to post by area51vampire

I don't really have anything to say but find it interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I don't have any comment on the first part (other than it's pretty mysterious), but the second part about the 9 year old, why is it that the time wrinkle placed him in the exact three dimensional space where he would see his younger self and his mother? Of all the 3D "gridpoints" that he could be dumped at while moving fourth-dimensionally, why there? Coincidence, or did he have control over the travel (assuming this story is legit, which for the time being I'll play along)?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Most of the people reading this thread I do not believe will believe you if you say you saw yourself several years ago with a time ripple in space. That would be logical since it is highly controversial and not very many people claim to have experienced time ripples where they went back in time or forwards by several years. I do find the topic interesting though.

I always thought it would be interesting if some event in the future causes time ripples or time distortions. Whether that is caused by secret government black ops projects or something strange going on with nuclear explosions it would be interesting. I once had a dream where in the future a nuclear war broke out. Instead of getting killed in the nuclear blast like I was expecting, time rippled and I went back in time and became slightly mentally disturbed by the whole process. I ended up becoming a famous pirate and developed my own home made grenades and did all kinds of crazy stunts. I didn't care, I already survived a nuclear blast and got blasted all the way back into the 1800's. I'm not claiming it happened. It was a weird dream.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
yeah, i have been sitting watching a film before. looked at my watch it was about 8pm,ok i thought. literally two seconds later i looked back at my watch and it was about 11pm. I was going wtf wtf wtf over and over in my head.

I checked all the other clocks and everything. sure enough it was correct.
dont know what happend in between at all. what i found even wierder was the movie was still on the tv, in the same place.

i really couldnt work out what happend, it was just so odd.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.google.co.nz...

www.google.co.nz...

Above are some Google search-links relating to Time Anomalies, Time Ripples and a video on youtube of a chap who claims to have travelled in time and met himself in the future, and filmed it on his mobile phone, (not sure what I think about that one yet though!) you may find some of the articles interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I can only give you one piece of advice and I mean it sincerely not as some kind of personal attack.
You need to go and see a doctor right now! Memory blackouts can be a symptom of some quite severe illnesses and if you are having them then you need to go and get it checked out.
I'm not automatically discounting your own explanation for what is happening, but I would implore you to try to discount any medical conditions as well before anything more serious happens.

As I said please don't take my reply in the wrong way, I am concerned not trying to be snarky.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Time Ripples and a video on youtube of a chap who claims to have travelled in time and met himself in the future, and filmed it on his mobile phone

I also find that video quite intriging and have mixed feelings about it. He gives in certain way proof of his travel amd yet it sounds unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You know, I don't have a great story to go with it, but I recall having, if nothing else, a similar feeling, that I was experiencing something from the opposite end of how I had experienced it before.

I run into strangers who I swear I have met before, in random places, too. Its wierd, and we won't know. Its hard to pay attention to every little detail you ever encounter.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

You know, that video, it seems like he met someone who looked like him who happened to have the same tatoo, or something.. thats the only way to debunk it, that I know of. Though you can't really prove it, unless you found both of them.

If I traveled in time and found myself, I would goto dr's and get that proven.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
DNA match would be the best proof

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i agree with the poster who said to go to the doctor, time lapses in memory and meeting people who swear they know you and that you might know them...is a sign of a possible dissociative disorder! i have ptsd and have strong dissociative symptoms which i am just now learning about coming to terms with. I'm not trying to be snarky either, I'm just saying.

I did see Back to the Future on a marathon a few days ago, saw the part where Jennifer meets herself from the future and they both faint hahaha

it cracked me up. I've tried visualization techniques where I imagine myself from the future comforting me and telling me that everything is ok
seems to help

good luck to you!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
yeeeaaahhh....xanax will do that to a person. whole chunks of time vanishes in an instance when taking xans. my advice is to cut down on it. maybe talk half a bar instead of a whole bar. or better yet just dont take xanax at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Perhaps Ripples in Time are the cohesive force of our definition of reality:

Does the Past Exist Yet? Evidence Suggests Your Past Isn't Set in Stone

Recent discoveries require us to rethink our understanding of history. "The histories of the universe," said renowned physicist Stephen Hawking "depend on what is being measured, contrary to the usual idea that the universe has an objective observer-independent history."

Is it possible we live and die in a world of illusions? Physics tells us that objects exist in a suspended state until observed, when they collapse in to just one outcome. Paradoxically, whether events happened in the past may not be determined until sometime in your future -- and may even depend on actions that you haven't taken yet.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

You know, that video, it seems like he met someone who looked like him who happened to have the same tatoo, or something.. thats the only way to debunk it, that I know of. Though you can't really prove it, unless you found both of them.

If I traveled in time and found myself, I would goto dr's and get that proven.

Its FAKE! Look at how the tattoo on the old guy is "fresh" compared to the young guy. THat should not be. Tats fade with age they do not get darker and better looking!

Also, if you freeze the video at the momment where they are looking at each other you can see that the younger guy has a "blunt end" nose where the older guy has a pointy nose.

Its fake, fake, fake!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by bismarcksea]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

IDK....about your experience, but it DID make me think of this comic, and how much I laughed when I saw it...

...so, think I'll share for everyone who happens by:

www.gocomics.com...

"So long! And, thanks for all the fish!"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
yeeeaaahhh....xanax will do that to a person. whole chunks of time vanishes in an instance when taking xans. my advice is to cut down on it. maybe talk half a bar instead of a whole bar. or better yet just dont take xanax at all.

HAHA Yup there have been times where I lost entire weekends and thought wow it's monday already????

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Awesome vid! Totally believable...and the footage...wow...it sounds crazy but at the same time you know if this actually happen to you it would totally change your life forever, and thats probably what happened to him!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join