It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle School Segregates Class Elections by Race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
What is most disappointing is the policy was changed "after" it became national news. These hillbillys didn't realize, on their own, that this was/is wrong.

Now dont go lumping us all in one crowd the folks in Miss. are far from being hillbillys

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Where did the term Hillbilly come from? I'm puzzled!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Where did the term Hillbilly come from? I'm puzzled!

en.wikipedia.org...

It's actually the wrong term to be using.

As for this being "done" for black people's benefit-lol sure. That's what they said about Jim Crow laws too.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

There's no veiled insult, but no veiled protection either. I call em as I see em.

And I see blacks vote for blacks in overwhelming numbers. White have not done so that consistently, but I expect that emphasis to go up among whites too in the future. We will see, of course, since I am making a prediction.

If we assume Obama won because he was much better (given information available at the time) one could maybe support a hypothesis that the massive black vote for Obama, almost unanimous, was purely merit based. But even so, we saw a higher percentage of blacks vote for Obama than of whites. So either blacks and whites had different information available to them, or there seemed to be a tendency to vote one's own color, at least among blacks.

Anyway, now the discrimination is over and each office will be filled by a totally open election. I predict almost all the winners will be white. We'll see -- another prediction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join