It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Who sets up a camera to film their 18 yr old daughter having sex, the Lohans don't even do that!!

And if they set it up when she was younger, and are just now bringing it up I say it is extortion! And at that point they would need to admit to allowing their daughter go into the basement with a man knowing they suspected them of having sex, and did nothing.

No matter how you look at it, the only thing 'wrong' in this picture is the parents actions.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

By "wrong doing" I did not imply anything other than that the parents may have wanted to make sure that their own household rules were being followed.

Household rules do not circumvent the law. You cannot video type your daughter having sex (consensual sex) even in your own house, without the permission of BOTH people doing the dirty.

Its the law.

And it's the only law thats been broken....and if this priest has half a brain stem, he'll press charges and have their disgusting asses arrested.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Do we get to see the sextape at all?

Aw c'mon, it was bound to get asked!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

It appears that you are making the assumption that the parents knew that sex was happening.

I am operating under the assumption that the parents did not know that their daughter was having sex with the priest and that they were just trying to find out what was going on.

I do completely agree, however, that if they had reason to suspect a sexual relationship was occuring, then the camera was not the way to go about this.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

What else do you think they could have possibly thought a man and their daughter was doing in the basement together, laundry? I think the fact that they put a recorder there, tells that they suspected sex. I cannot even think of one thing aside from sex, that they could have suspected.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yes, i am making that assumption, but lets be honest...what other assumption can one reasonably draw in this situation?

They video taped their daughter having sex, then sue the priest because he got her pregnant?

Not because he raped her, or abused her, or forced himself on her.. no no no, because he got her PREGNANT.

As it it were his fault and his fault alone.

These parents are after money money money money.....MONEY $$$$$

If it were anything else, it wouldnt be "you're being sued" it'd be "you're going to jail"

The parents are sick, disgusting, and I honestly do hope they rot in jail for it. The mere thought of video taping your own offspring naked, in the trawls of sexual passion....it's too taboo to even think about

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Space cadet.....

I cannot even think of one thing aside from sex

You really ought to get that sorted out!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Being that he was their priest I suspect that they could have simply thought he was mentoring our counseling their child.

When my daughter went on her first date, to the movies, I went to the theater and sat several rows back, just to keep an eye on her.

I don't see anything highly suspect in parents keeping an eye on their children.

But, again, I am not defending the parents outright. I am just using my own life experiences and being hesitant to judge behavior that has alternative explanations.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Being that he was their priest I suspect that they could have simply thought he was mentoring our counseling their child.

Correction - she's an adult. Not a child. SHe is their offspring. Lets just say though, for arguments sake, that they legitimately didn't suspect sexual relations....and video taped anyways.

They STILL video taped them having sex. It's STILL illegal to do so. And now even MORE illegal to make it public. It was done without consent. They have zero legal grounds here...i mean what is their case? This guy had sex with my 18 year old ADULT daughter?

The most they can hope for is an order of protection to keep him away from their house.

Suing him for getting her pregnant?
Damnit i just freaking hate stupid people.....

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Regardless of the age of the girl, her maturity level or her previous sexual history, this guy is a piece of garbage. I did not refer to him as a Priest, because just wearing the collar doesn't make one so. A true Priest would not be in this situation.

This is a case of a predator using his hijacked position to take advantage of an easily impressionable young girl. It happens everyday, involving people of many different careers. From the manager at the local grocery store to professional athletes to US presidents (yes that is a lower case letter p, intentionally). Those who use their professional influence to prey on the vulnerable are scum, regardless of the position they occupy.

After reading the posts which kept using the plural terms "these" and "those" and "priests", I had to go back and read the article, again, to see if I had missed something. Of course, I had not. Bonilla is the only person accused of wrongdoing, in this incident. You people should go back and correct your posts to correlate to the facts. Change "these" to "this" and priests to priest. It will give you more credibility to not post in generalities, in cases like this.

I get the distinct feeling many did not read the source article, which includes these statements:

Her parents took the video to the Diocese of Allentown, which removed Bonilla from his dual posts as chaplain and pastor of St Joseph Church in Reading

"He has no assignment and he has not functioned as a priest since November," diocesan spokesman Matt Kerr

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

This is a case of a predator using his hijacked position to take advantage of an easily impressionable young girl.

Here we go again.

OHHH Yes, the woman is always the victim. She's always too impressionable and never manipulative in her own regard.

PLEASE!

I had a friend who went to school at Wyotech for work on cars. While he was there, there was a big group of women who would go around with fake ID's, pretending to be "of age". They'd get in bed with 18, 19, 20 year old guys, have sex, then call the police after they left, saying they had been raped.

WOmen are just as capable as men when making decisions.

You're 18. You made a choice. If it was the wrong choice, it was YOUR choice to make. I wish people would grow the hell up and stop blaming their problems on the innocent ones around them.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Apart from the usual paternity suit, and child maintenance, there is no civil law against consensual sex with an 18 year old woman, priest or not.

But in Cannon Law, AND BEFORE GOD, this is completely unacceptable.

That priest has taken serious sacred vows, and was placed in a privileged position of trust that he shamefully betrayed.

The real evil here is not just some randy young fool of a priest, but the Church itself that goes to extreme lengths to hide and cover this type of thing up.

That priest should be defrocked, excommunicated, and publicly shamed..
But unfortunately he will probably just be promoted and moved to another parish.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Fair dinkum Snarf.....

I'm glad my daughter's don't rely on you for their "protection".

"Dad.....I've got a problem.....

"Tough luck.....you're a woman.....you sort it out!"

:shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Priests are in a position of trust. This priest has abused that trust. There's a code of conduct that is expected from them. It's not like he's an everyday kinda guy that you would expect may be trying to get into your daughters panties.

In any case, the girl may be 18 but that doesn't mean to say she wasn't swayed into the bedroom by someone of authoritative position that was abusing the trust placed upon him by the community... and the young lady.

Just like in the workplace, sexual abuse by a person of authority upon an employee often goes the way of the employee in a court of law. At the very least, this guy should be excommunicated.

There's also the real possibility that this priest may have been laying the groundwork or even making the moves while the girl was under aged. In any case, the priest is lucky he just got filmed. If I was the father, there's a high chance the priest would have been studying the afterlife according to the bible first hand.

IRM

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfaRedMan.....

I wonder who else our "priest" has targeted.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Even though I can understand where your coming from, I have to disagree with one point. And that is about being an adult at 18. How many people can really say they had grown up wisdom at 18? It`s about her being wise enough to make the right choices in this case. Did she? I don`t see it as being a very wise choice to have sex with a priest who is suppose to remain celibate all of his life.

As for the priest? If he was that weak, and let his urges rule his life, he should have dropped out of the priesthood the moment he knew it would over rule his celibacy. He could have stopped this, the moment he knew this might happen, but he didn`t. He was old enough to know better, and being a priest, should have added to that wisdom.

As for the parents getting this on camera? I don`t believe I myself could have done this, but, if you think about it, what would the outcome have been, if they didn`t catch them in the act with it? Would the priest have fessed up to it? Would the girl? Would both the girl and the priest lie about it? Makes you wonder, now doesn`t it?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
You're 18. You made a choice. If it was the wrong choice, it was YOUR choice to make.

And...Bonilla was 41 occupying a position of "power", which should demand a higher level of self control. Being in such a position, probably having received extensive training in avoiding these situations, should have made the right choice. He is the one who should have said "no", if the girl came onto him. That would have been the responsible thing to do. You can not absolve him of all responsibility, simply because the girl "had a choice". That is a ridiculous assertion and quite lop-sided.

If this had been an occurrence between the girl and a peer, I could possibly give some credence to your argument. But, not when the predator is abusing the pedestal, which he erroneously occupied, which was created for true Priests and bolstered by, most likely, every adult the girl has known since she was born.

I wish people would grow the hell up and stop blaming their problems on the innocent ones around them.

Agreed. Bonilla is 41 years old. He should accept responsibility for his actions and not blame the innocent girl (though I do not know that he has).

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I bet she's the type of girl that has her address and phone number on Facebook, with all the profile options on public.

Either way, she just wanted herself some man, and he wanted himself some young lovin'. C'mon, she's 18. It's not as if she's 8.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Agreed. Bonilla is 41 years old. He should accept responsibility for his actions and not blame the innocent girl (though I do not know that he has).

Y'know, he probably feels like he has just suffered from a bout of entrapment. I wouldn't blame him, either.

The dude just happened to choose the wrong girl to plow.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

A preist schmeist, that collar and coat comes off and you have a man.

Do they take their heart out also? It`s not the collar and coat that make one a priest, it`s what`s in their heart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join