It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents sue after filming priest having sex with teen daughter in basement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by Snarf

The fact he was the chaplain at her school means nothing??

He was in a position of trust..

He abused that trust..

Please don't take this the wrong way

But i HATE that kind of excuse.

It's passing the buck.

You're 18..you're an adult...you should act like it. If you consent to sex with another adult, you can't blame it on anyone other than yourself.

You made the decision. He did not force himself on anyone. He did not rape her.

She made the choice to spread her legs, now she needs to accept th responsibility and leave him alone.

NOW - that being said - he made the choice to have sex with her, and he ended up getting her pregnant. HE needs to be responsible as well, and, if that *IS* is his child (could be doubtful...she seems pretty easy) then he needs to help her raise the child.

The 18 year olds parents should have NOTHING to do with this AT ALL, except going to jail for video taping them having sex without consent.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

She's eighteen, she can legally have sex with anyone she wants to. Period. Being a priest doesn't make any difference from a legal standpoint. The law says she is old enough to make her own decisions.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I blame both the Priests and the girls who wants to do this kind of acts with the priests.

This is rich. The girl has absolutely no responsibility in this except for being gullible and making a poor choice for herself. All the culpability is with this man who was in a power position over her.

I am sure this is the last or second to last thing these parents thought they were going to get on camera. Parents can't keep their children on a leash and certainly you would presume you could trust the girl with a priest.

Her parents were smart.
He made a poor choice entering the priesthood in the first place. Clearly he is not ready for his obligations but the Church made a bigger mistake entrusting him with their business and allowing him credibility the parents trusted and believed in.

The Church should pay and pay big.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Hi Maybe

Yeah, it sounds like they did.
It even says in the article the Priest and the Daughter had been spending a 'lot of time' in the basement.
I mean come on, lol, it doesn't take a genius to know what was going on down there...
With all the monies being paid out - tabloid amounts of cash being paid to 'victims' - yes, I think they set him up.

Does not excuse what he did at all - but - he sounds like he got dupped.
He also sounds like he might have actually cared for her.
I gleam that (and it's my own opinion) as the article also states he's removed himself (or been removed) from the priesthood also. How many priests who are known pedophiles take off their collar for good?

Touchy subject for me as I have a daughter by a clergyman who I've loved my whole life. Just found out this morning he's been put into a rest home and is very sick... And me? I'm half the world away and feel so helpless.
So yeah, my heartstrings are going out to this Priest where on another day, unclouded by my own emotion, I might not feel the same.

Regardless, I think the family is trying to get money from the Catholic Church. Normally I'd think this is a good thing, problem is it casts doubt (again) on those who have legitimate claims.

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

She's eighteen, she can legally have sex with anyone she wants to. Period. Being a priest doesn't make any difference from a legal standpoint. The law says she is old enough to make her own decisions.

Space Cadet.....

When it involves a priest, I don't quite see it that way.

I also wonder if this started before she was 18.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

This is rich. The girl has absolutely no responsibility in this except for being gullible and making a poor choice for herself. All the culpability is with this man who was in a power position over her.

My jaw literally about popped off when I read this.

It's laughable that you would excuse the decision of one adult, who is female, over the decision of another adult, who is male.

Give me a break. Women are always crying for equal rights, equal this and equal that, but when it comes to equal responsibility - you want to be treated like a woman...not like an equal.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo13.....

Thank you.....

I appreciate your very thoughtful & well expressed insight.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Maybe...maybe not,

Filming your 18 year old daughter having sex!?!?! Aren't their laws against that as well??

hmmmm.......I am gonna steer clear of this one.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Maybe...maybe not,
Filming your 18 year old daughter having sex!?!?! Aren't their laws against that as well??
hmmmm.......I am gonna steer clear of this one.

Peace

Operation mindcrime.....

Well.....I guess whatever way you "cut it".....

There's not a whole lot of "normal ground" in this story.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

This is why the guy probably won't wind up in jail....but

...when you buy a toaster there is an implied warranty it will make toast.
When you seek out the guidance of a priest there is an implied warranty he is not going to have sex with your children. There is the presumption of celibacy and vows which the parents understood.

I think the Church will pay the family to keep a court case from exposing the sorted details of this romance. I actually think the two thought they were in love but it really makes no difference. This isn't the Thorn Birds.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Rusethorcain.....

I find your argument compelling.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Really sorry you feel that way.

Ask a psychologist, a psychiatrist. Ask a family therapist or any garden variety counselor with at least two years training.
Ask a Priest for cripes sakes and you will get the same answer I gave you whether you like it or not.
However it really bothers me that you don't like my answer.
Maybe I have another answer here in my bag...Let me look...

Nope.

And pick your mouth up off the floor. I know I have that effect on men but it is far from attractive.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Ask a psychologist, a psychiatrist.

Oh, you mean the people who will diagnose a child with ADD and put them on thousands of dollars worth of medication?

How about you ask the 18 year old girl who is old enough to make her own decisions?

She's just as responsible as the priest. No matter how anti-agenda that is to the feminist movement.

And pick your mouth up off the floor. I know I have that effect on men but it is far from attractive.

Just a tip: Don't flatter yourself.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Girls, for the most part these days, start having sex at very early ages. And while one might hope the partners they are having sex with are around their same age, that is usually not true either. The men are usually much older. IMO it is time to start taking cases like this one, and pick it apart until you find that what you have on your hands is a case of a young girl going after forbidden fruit. Then you have men who fail to think with the brains they were born with, instead they think with their lust, in the heat of the moment they fall into relationships that are not traditionally acceptable, but nonetheless go on everywhere, everyday. Who is to blame? Of course the older man should know better, of course men in certain positions of public should watch their p's and q's, but in the heat of the moment, they do not. Then love comes into the picture, who can reason with love?

I am not saying every teen out there that is having sex with an older guy is capable of understanding their actions, but in some cases, it is just about lust, not about who you are where you work or how old you are. I know a lot of the time these types of relationships are initiated by the girl and not the guy.

I know this is not popular with the masses, to think that young girls are out here seducing priests and the like, but it is true. Happens all the time, and usually the guy winds up taking a licking for it, not that he doesn't deserve to be chastised.

A preist schmeist, that collar and coat comes off and you have a man.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

A Pennsylvania couple secretly videotaped a Catholic priest having sex with their 18-year-old daughter in the basement of their home and are now suing, saying he got her pregnant.

Did anyone else read that over and over?

Sounds like the parents have a couple of screws loose.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Not at all. It seems that they did what many people do when they suspect wrongdoing in their homes - they set up a hidden camera and then watched, after the fact, to see what had transpired.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

rusethorcain,

Does that validate invading your daughters private space with a video camera with the intend to catch them in the act...??

Didn't these parents have a good conversation with their daughter about their suspicions?

They either didn't talk or they did and didn't trust the answer they got.

That sound like good parenting!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Not at all. It seems that they did what many people do when they suspect wrongdoing in their homes - they set up a hidden camera and then watched, after the fact, to see what had transpired.

Ummm, first off, this isn't "wrong doing". There is no rape, there is no statutory rape...it's consensual sex...and video taping it is illegal without consent from both parties.

I mean, literally, if you think im lying, just google search it...the answers are EVERYWHERE

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The guy, a 41 year old had sex with an 18 year old. Note in the article that the word 'rape' wasn't used. Obviously, there was consent otherwise 'rape' would've been used. Sure, it's a little odd, but it's not even wrong. Hey, throw the word 'priest' in there and this is the worst thing ever.

I think the sickest thing about this is that the parents secretly taped this. What kind of parent would tape it? I'm pretty sure if the father had any balls, he would just spring the dude and say "Get the hell out of my house" or just give him a punch to the jaw. This is just ridiculous. How is this even a news article, and how come no one has mentioned how absolutely creepy and wrong it was for the parents to film this act? I just love how everyone overlooked that fact and just started abusing the priest because he's "probably a child predator".

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Snarf

By "wrong doing" I did not imply anything other than that the parents may have wanted to make sure that their own household rules were being followed.

As a parent I have never videotaped my kids. But I have searched through their things, occassionaly, just to make sure that they did not have drugs or drug paraphenalia.

By no means am I out to persecute the priest here. And I do not have a stance that an 18 year old woman is a consenting adult.

But I am not going to fault parents for setting up cameras in their own home.

If the daugher wishes to have sex with older men, that's her business, but she can have the decency to do it outside of her parents residence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join