It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Link Between Swine Flu Vaccine & Narcolepsy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
ATS Team:

I found this information interesting.

[headlone]Europe probes swine flu shot, narcolepsy link
(AP) – 15 hours ago
LONDON — The European Medicines Agency is investigating whether there is a link between narcolepsy and a swine flu vaccine.
Narcolepsy is a rare disorder that causes people to suddenly fall asleep.
In a statement issued Friday, the agency said there have been a "limited" number of narcolepsy cases in people mainly in Sweden and Finland who got the Pandemrix shot, made by GlaxoSmithKline PLC.
Officials in France have also reported six cases of narcolepsy in three children and three adults.

Link to article

It was my assertion right from the beginning of the Swine Flu "drama" that it would not be the "flu Armageddon" touted by many.

I must say, I also made my own decision not to have the Swine Flu vaccination, albeit I am a supporter of vaccination technology in broader terms.

This just goes to further illustrate what an extraordinarily complex area this is.

Narcolepsy can be quite a nasty condition, so this issue shouldn't be treated flippantly.

Some of the vaccination & pharmaceutical savvy members might like to comment on this.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I must say, I also made my own decision not to have the Swine Flu vaccination, albeit I am a supporter of vaccination technology in broader terms.

Are you planning on taking any vaccinations this year?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Are you planning on taking any vaccinations this year?

Soleprobe.....

I'm down here in Oz, so we're now past our winter "vaccination season".

It was my intention to have a flu shot (not necessarily Swine Flu), but I forgot to do it.

In the end, I'm rather ambivalent about my own adult shots.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I heard that the flu shot this season will come with a bonus H1N1... was that the case down where you are?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I heard that the flu shot this season will come with a bonus H1N1... was that the case down where you are?

Soleprobe.....

I don't know.

This is not one of my areas of medical "expertise", hence my request for expert commentary.

I must say that many years ago, I was flattened by a vaccination I was given in the Air Force.....& I mean flattened.....passed out, rushed to hospital, etc...

It can be nasty.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join