It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deity only answers Muslim, Christian, or Jewish Prayers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Re: Oozyism

You wrote:

"Yeah the best post around, do you really think GOD will listen to you? GOD has thy own will, nothing you can say, nor do can make GOD do anything."

If I understand you right (as an expression of predestination), all our posts here are god speaking to himself, only under different names.

Not that I'm adverse to the theory, I'm getting on in years also, and I'm already talking with my cat, so I guess next I'll be talking to myself.

Though looking at the quality of some posts here god then can't be omniscient and it's likely, that he suffers from a severe 'multiple personality' dysfunction.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

People always hope - and that is like prayer.

There is no way of knowing who the "right" upper power is.

But a great thing is that hopes and prayers are positive things in the universe.

So we should all keep on hoping and praying.

I truly believe that if we all keep on doing this, it is a huge help to us, and the world.

If we keep on sending positive energy out, there is less of the negative.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
uff wrong thread

[edit on 29-8-2010 by nophun]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Must say i cant agree more, 600 odd years after christs first
resurection most accepted christ as the path to heaven.
Satans attempts to deceive through paganism wasnt effective
enough and needed a new angle. Mohammed must have been
a special individual, intelligent and charismatic for satan to
choose him. Satan deceived Mohammed by impersonating the
angel Gabriel and the rest is history.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Re: Lestweforget

It can equally convincingly be argued, that the early churchfathers in christianity were duped by very dark forces.

Not having any personal religious allegiances, it's my impression that 'christianity' is considerably more satanic than islam.

But as fanatic religionists can't get out of their own bubble of circle-argumentation, I expect the usual solipsistic reactions, starting from: "The bible is true, because the bible says, the bible is true" or : "This is my faith, and while it may be subjective, it's nonetheless valid for everybody".

You see, for the fundamentalistic believer, logic and intellect are also satanic plots.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

You may have a little trouble convincing anyone other than muslims
of that one! Well its obvious that they cant both be correct because
after only a little study it becomes clear quite quickly that what the
bible tells us of the main players in this drama are the opposite to that
of the quran. Also one preaches a message of love and tollerance above
all, the other one of intollerance and hatred.
Ayatolla Kohmeni:
" The difference between you and us is that you
(christians) love life but we (muslims) love death".

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Re: Lestweforget

Thanks for not exposing me to circle-argumentation.

But still you ignore, that as well as 'christianity' has some extremely violent doctrines and deeds, 'islam' also contains a caring and liberal part.

I'm not part in an evaluation for or against either religion; if both could be reduced to completely 'spiritual' systems without secular power, I would be happy. I'm all for an open, liberal society, including whatever people want to believe in.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I prayed to my toaster for about a month once.

Then I prayed to God for the month following that.

Other than the fact that I can verify the existence of my toaster, the results were exactly the same.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Re: Hefficide

Try the experiment again, but this time you grovel, when praying (also to the toaster).

If you still get the same result, it's probably rather conclusive.

Gods can be like that, the toaster-part is only to keep experimental parameters strict, and religionists, who count angels dancing on a pin, would never accept a sloppy experiment without endless discussion of details.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by bogomil]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just a little of what I have researched in my years...

Our Lady of Medjugorje (the apparitions of the Virgin Mary which are just now, after 29 years of daily appearances, being formally investigated by the Catholic Church) was asked by the visionaries this very issue after the theologians there investigating in 1984 pressed them to ask her.

Her response:
"It is you who are divided on earth. The Muslims and the Orthodox, for the same reason as Catholics, are equal before my Son and me. You are all my children. Certainly, all religions are not equal, but all men are equal before God, as St. Paul says."

"Salvation is available to everyone, without exception. Only those who refuse God deliberately are condemned. It is God alone, in His infinite justice, who determines the degree of responsibility and pronounces judgment."

Just to inject what has been said through an apparition regarding this very issue... take it for what you may deem its worth to be. I figure there are so many prophecies around here that my adding one to this thread that comes from what is being officially investigated won't hurt.

I find it very profound.

God Bless~

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

About 15 years ago after a couple days on some bad acid i woke
to find my housemate on the kitchen floor praying to the gas oven
in his undies. Returning from work i found the house trashed my guitar
smashed and my car damaged in the neighbours front yard. The
following day he still hadnt eaten was still in the same undies and
had a written contract with the devil for his soul. He had covered
half the house in mathematical equations. I tried to trap him but he
over powered me and ran off up the street. 2 weeks later we went
to visit him and soon after he was released from the medical facility.
Last time we spoke he was a born again christian so just because
your stupid or crazy enough to pray to inate objects dont worry
theres still hope.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I was making an allegorical statement about my opinion of prayer.

But letting your drug addled roommate damage so much of your property does qualify you, I'd say, to some level of awareness of what might be construed as crazy or stupid.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ohhh so you didnt realy pray to a toaster...maybe
you should try an oven.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I for one see it completely different that this, and also that when we progress we are in unity, but we are never One.

If people overcome the dark paths in all the scriptures that give them the right to enforce that religion or morality on another, and instead accept it as their own personal and private spiritual belief, not one that should be tied into any form of governance, and if they practice, love, forgiveness, and charity, the higher path in all the faiths, then it doesnt matter what religion or non-religion you practice, if you have faith or an athiest. This school/reform school isnt about knowing which religion is more true, your god or my god, its about LOVE.

As to who I believe answers prayers, Higher Self.

Infinity is the key to everything. We live in a holographic universe, with input systems, streaming in. In holograms the projectors are lasers, here, stars. And they are connected to each other with filaments as well. I sun gaze alot, safely, low UV time and in safe ways. Phone home!

Who are you phoning home to? Higher Self and the Infinite Family of Light.

What if the sun told you, you would one day take its place. What does that mean? It means this:

In infinity, all things are infinite. Period. That all matter, even inanimate recyles endlessly, without beginning or ending, and all conciousness/life/souls progress endless, without beginning or ending. If you were to pluck a part of your soul off today, and form into a new being, the new soul in the platform of infinity, would have always existed eterenally, without beginning or ending, and be = to the infinity itself. The child would = the parent.

In infinity there cannot be a one. One has limitations and what does One perceive of beyond it. Infinity is endless, boundless, without limits, without beginning or ending, and all things in it are the same. We are, therefore we are infinite, without beginnign or ending = to the infinity itself. We don not re-merge, or have an ending.

We are the infinite Family of Light progressing eternally in tests. Our Future/Higher Selves are the Creators/Designers/Teachers? They are from beyond, the universe, this school.

Your life stretches metaphorically like a roll of film, each clip is another you, and all these events in "time" which does not exist, but is a program in our head based on planets orbit, are the past, from Higher Selves perspective.

One day, when we love, and learn to care about the less fortunate, and really yearn for eden, and pass the tests, then the whole roll of film moves/bumps ahead.

One day we take their role, with the sun projector figuring in as a key part, and they progress to other tasks beyond guides, teachers, helpers for the new class of children arriving on earth. Remember our souls stretch endless is both directions.

Yeshua was his Higher Self, in a sense, being a very advanced teacher. Buddha as well.
If one took to heart what he taught, without any religioin, they would understand the way to progression, to love and turn the other cheek. To refuse to go to war, to not accept starvation or poverty, to share and love and treat all as you would wish to be treated, in all walks of life.

He said, "I and my Father are one and the same" Yes, he is his Higher Self, and his Future Future Self, and his Future Future Future Self, and so on, forever. We all are. Our Higher Self/Future Self is Father/Mother to us. And each infinite Universe School/hologram has its own Creator as well, a highly progressed Future Self, we all are creating our own worlds, and one day our own schools as well to help those advancing souls.

Yet by the same token, all that has ever occurred, is occurring, and will occur in No Time.
Its all simultaneous.

Infinity equalizes everyone, for we are all = to the infinity. And child is = to the parent in endless progression.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Which race do you believe is superior to the others? Just curious ...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I prayed to my toaster for about a month once.

Then I prayed to God for the month following that.

Other than the fact that I can verify the existence of my toaster, the results were exactly the same.

Since god is in all things I don't see your point here ... LOL.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'll try to explain the way I think about these things and hopefully I won't come across as confusing. I say this because if I ponder faith / religion / spirituality long enough I invariably manage to confuse myself...

I believe in God. That is just my personal conclusion on the subject. I have no rational or scientific basis for this belief. It is simply the way of thinking that feels right to me.

I further have a predisposition, probably due to societal conditioning, to think of God in Christian terms.

My rational mind - the part of me which is based in logic - always concludes that my emotional attachment to my spiritual side is based upon nothing more than fear of death and, to a lesser degree, to fear of social isolation or judgment.

My emotional side tries to convince me that the very fact that I possess self-awareness is indication enough that there must be a God, of some nature, which has created this awareness within me.

Some days my rational and physical mind wins out, other days my spiritual side seems to have the upper hand.

Having explained that - on the subject of prayer it has been my experience that prayer has never caused a result which is not explainable by simple random chance. I have prayed for things and had my prayers seeming answerd. I have also earnestly prayed for things that did not come to pass.

In my way of thinking this sets up a depressing end result. If I pray for something - say for a sick relative to get better - then the only positive outcome possible is if that relative does, indeed get better. If this happens I feel indebted to God.

But when the sick relative does not get better then I am in a position to resent God. Worse, I set myself up to actually resent myself. If my relative doesn't get better, even though I prayed, then I am left to wonder if they did not heal based upon my worth, or lack of worth, in Gods eyes.

The only way I can reconcile this is to determine that chance is exactly that, random chance. And that my prayer changes nothing. It is the only sane and rational conclusion that I can draw.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I hope I can help out here without being deemed too insane. Let me first state that I have a lot of respect for God-fearing and honoring Muslims, even if I believe they are wrong. My feelings towards the religion itself is different than that of those peaceful followers. I believe Islam is evil, even though many Muslims are great people. A professor of mine once said, "Don't judge Muslims by what you know of Islam and don't judge Islam by the Muslims you know."

Anyway, I can agree that some of the early church leaders were very corrupt. The doctrines taught during the crusades and inquisition are evidence of that. The difference is that those leading twisted scripture and added their own doctrine. The hate taught by them is not found in scripture nor was it taught by Christ, the person true Christians are to be emulating.

Not every denomination feels this way, but for many of us, the only true authority we have is God and scripture. I challenge those under my own leadership to take what I say under high scrutiny and compare it with what scripture, taken in context, has to say. The hypocrites and false teachers like Benny Hinn might give people ammo for calling Christianity satanic, but I don't see how the argument can be made from observing the scriptures alone.

Islam has more difficulty here, with the recorded history of who Muhammad was and what he did, since he was the founder of the faith his actions do make a difference unlike the corrupt leaders who have no real authority in the Christian faith.

For instance, there is the issue of the "Satanic Verses" referred to in Tabari 1192, Qur'an 22:52 & 53:19-26.

Khadija, Muhammad's wealthy first wife, had to convince Muhammad that his spiritual friend was an angel and not a demon as Muhammad was unsure. The exact story varies, something odd if this was all being recorded at the time and not after long periods of being passed down. There is no excuse but either way Tabari VI:67 and Bukhari:V1B1N3-V6B60N478 both recount Muhammad's fear of Gabriel and uncertainty of the revelation. It's odd that Gabriel would not alleviate this fear as he did with the prophet Daniel, Zacharias the father of John the Baptist, and Mary the mother of Jesus. Anyway, you'll have to look up the stuff yourself as it's too much to post here and honestly I am not an expert on this particular matter.

If you could be more specific, maybe I can help out more or be more precise myself... unless you think I'm insane.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Islam, Christianity and Judaism all encourage prayer. Billions of people have prayed to their respective god and claim to have received devine help. How so

Why would a Muslim prayer be answered when you look at it from a Christian view? The prayer is addressed to the wrong god and should go unnoticed. So, are Muslims fabricating stories about answered prayers? The same goes in reverse for Christians. From a Muslim point of view Christian prayers can't possibly work. The believers must be lying about the results.

I’ll let you into a little secret, they are all praying to same God! i.e the creator of the universe and everything in it, the one and only true God. The only difference is, is that they all disagree about the specifics (i.e. Religion) connected to God. Ironically, the one thing they all agree on, is that there is only one God and that God is one.

Originally posted by AllIsOne
My questions is:

a) Are all religious believers making up stuff. Any prayer goes unnoticed?
b) Are only ... prayers (insert your preferred belief system) answered?
c) God doesn't care what name you use, and helps out anyway.

And in answer c lies the conspiracy aspect. If c is true, all "exclusivity" of religious texts is a fairy tales.

When Christians pray in the name of Jesus, they are really praying to the person, character and essence of God, revealed through Jesus. I do believe however that God hears and answers the prayers of other religious groups. Some Christians will say that it is the devil that healed a Muslims baby but I don’t believe that to be true because the devil is not in the business of saving/healing people, he does evil, not good.

Even though God hears and answers the prayers of those who don’t know or don’t believe in Jesus, this does not mean that they have found the truth. God has revealed himself to us, through Jesus and even though not everyone believes that to be true, God still answers unbelievers prayers because he is a God of love.

I should just add, that when people pray, regardless of what name they use, it has to be in line with what God stands for. What I mean by that is, when you do something, for example in the name of democracy, you do something that is in alignment with democracy. The same goes with praying to God, it has to be in alignment with what God stands for.

It would be pointless to pray to God, to get all the things that you selfishly wanted, unless they are in line with what God has planned for your life. Even those things which appear to be good on the surface, may not be good for you or in alignment with Gods plans.

- JC

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The connection is between God and the person not God and the Church. God understands more about human nature and the motivations that fuel it than any religion has been able to accomplish. God will never ask you what church you belonged to, if he recognizes you, you're wheat. If not you are chaff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join