It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how paranoid are you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

next time just say; "note to self", and i won't think it was directed at me.
made me a bit paranoid there.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Phew. I am so relieved!

For a minute I thought this thread was about me.

Heh, no, it's about me!

I am really, really paranoid!

Wait, no I'm not.

I'm just reacting to these people constantly watching whatever I do!

Damned Christian fundamentalists anyways, always looking into my business!

Seriously. Many of my high school friends I have connected with think I am nuts! And they are speaking among themselves, plotting against me, telling dirty lies about me, because I don't oppose the "Ground Zero Mosque"!

Really, I think I need to replace my tin foil hat with a full body tin foil suit.

These people are trying to destroy Meeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes, I am a bit paranoid. I prefer, though, to consider it a heightened state of awareness.

Oh, crap! I heard a sound outside my window! Damn you, Bubba! You drove 200 hundred miles just to f*&k with me! Die, Bubba, die!!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
lately i've been more and more paranoid about the food i ingest.
as far as topics like this are concerned, i should just bury my head in the sand and ignore all the information available.
the more i read, the more i read labels, the more i spend 3 dollars for a piece of organic fruit. which i'm not sure is freakin' organic anyhow.
i am convinced they either want me dead, or sick, or just weak.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have always been a little paranoid, I grew up in one of the most Gang Infested area's in L.A. in the Rampart area.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm not paranoid just because I'm prepared. Knowing about these theories does nothing to hinder my paranoia, since I have none. I will continue to do what I do with my life, and have no worries if anyone is listening in, or following me, or taking pictures of me, it really doesn't matter. Infact I'm flattered. I am pretty cool, I'd totally wiretap my ish and spy on me too. Speaking of which, why can't we file charges against authorities following us? But anyways, I'm not paranoid just for reading up, thats a misunderstanding.

Like I said, I will do whatever I am willing and want to do, bottom line.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
im not too paranoid either...maybe a 4 out of 10 i guess....just more aware....what changes in my life have happened since ive learned about what is happening?? um...lets see...ive started eating all organic foods...ive started drinking distilled water....ive quit my job of 13 years so my money wont go to them to do things i disagree with...ive taught my son about whats going on since he was around 8 or 9..now he is 13 and he is one of the smartest young men i know...he knows all about the food and water problems we are facing and he eats all organic and drinks distilled water as well....he understands propaganda and he sees right thru it....so teaching my offspring the truth is a huge plus.

ive also stopped cussing because the system is pushing profanity on us...they want us talking like ignorant fools...so profanity definitely does not come out of my mouth anymore. the surge of cussing on tv and radio is sickening to me and it just proves my point that they are teaching us and our kids to talk like fools. so no more cussing and i urge all of you to stop with the foolish talk. i understand that cussing does not make you ignorant but it just makes you sound that way.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
if you read this .. then They Know You, or TKY, see the white van or black SUV down the street?Or the big white truck? Well you just got your Xray for the day.If you are reading this, this far, then They have your IP, from that they can get all they need to find you, still reading ????? some one is going to knock on your door... my not today, or tonight, but soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It gave my only more stuff to complain about...

The good thing is that I now understand a lot of stuff I didn't understand before.
To simply know the answer is enough to satisfy the need to understand how it all works.

You can also only act after you understand and choose if you can make a difference or if it would not be useful.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
or should i say, how has understanding all the conspiracies,
the new world order, the police corruption and brutality, the bought and paid for government etc. affected your life?

For a few months after I first found the site I got a bit paranoid. I attribute that to information overload though. Once I learned to research everything for myself and believe next to no one here at their word the paranoia went away. Now it takes quite a bit for me to feel paranoid, and there are several people I've 'known' (as well as you can on an anonymous board anyway) for a few years and know that I can trust their posts to be accurate.

I'm quite certain that our posts here are read by people whose sole job is monitoring discussion boards, I just don't care if they read mine. I'm also fairly certain that if whoever that is decided they wanted to know exactly who I am and where I live, they could. Again, I just don't care.

is there anything in particular that you truly believe is directed at you personally?
has any government agency picked you out of the blue in order to keep an eye you?

Nope. Apparently my posts just aren't far enough out there to warrant any direct attention. Can't decide if that makes me happy or makes me feel left out..

Edit: Well, crap.. Didn't mean to kill the thread.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Well, crap.. Didn't mean to kill the thread.

i'll sacrifice myself for thread killer.

what you say rings true with me on many topics. like i mentioned food above.
at least most here do understand the percieved threat.
know they are watching and affecting our lives in some way.
but, i notice in myself and in others, that we have knowledge we ignore.
like the food issue. how many would admit to grabbing a fast food burger every now and again, even though we know they are harmful?
i actually think a bit of paranoia is healthy, keeps us on our toes.
if your drunk and paranoid about being pulled over and the consequences, hopefully you won't drive.
but, like i said we tend to ignore these feelings often.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I do not possess a synapsis capable of being paranoid. I find all such thinking silly in the extreme. Yet I know store detectives follow me all cool weather days because my favorite outerwear is a gray hoodie poncho, complete with kangaroo pocket. If I take it off to show I'm not hiding anything underneath, then someone might think I'm hiding things in my cart. I know this because I have worked retail. Today, I am sure all the bells, whistles, and whoop-whoop alarms were going off in the security department. I was in a local superstore, first to the pharmacy where I purchased some pseudoephedrine (an ingredient in meth) for my incontinent dog, then chose a $200 Dyson fan, then off to housewares to get some copper scrubbies (used to hold crystals for smoking, I'm told). THEN, I went through the u-scan line and rang it all up myself.

I knew all this was happening and why. I don't care that I was watched except they were watching the wrong person. They had the right and I would have gladly submitted to a search, because I wasn't doing anything wrong.
I've never been stopped by a traffic cop, nor even gotten a parking ticket, because I follow the rules of the road and the parking limits.
I have never had anything to do with the police at all, except as a victim. I do my taxes online, and don't have a lot of deductions anyway.
There is no reason to follow me, listen to what I say, monitor what I think, where I web surf, what books I read, what I eat, or anything medical. I am private online, never revealing any other user names I might use but this one. But if someone wanted to, hey, knock yourself out. I am what I am, and don't really care, just don't mess with me.
I've had my identity stolen, even. I was calling banks BEFORE they knew there was a problem. Shut the guy down on a federal level. Fast, and no loss to me except for some time, the money for copies of my police reports and the ink in my pen when I signed all the paperwork involved.
And I have never, not even once felt my rights have been violated, by anyone, at anytime, for any reason.
Except for "chemtards" on YouTube, who block me since I am a debunker. Big deal. I call it "Ignorance through censorship", and don't block them.
Why should I worry? Why should anyone worry? Who are you or what do you do that you think anyone else even cares about? A previous poster used the work "megalomaniac". Good word, and seems to cover most of the truly paranoid people I've run into online.
And schizophrenic. I've met a lot of those, too.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I think too much about how the corporate and elite controlled world wants the perfect work force and how they would cultivate and sustain those people and do away with the rest...yeah I'm very paranoid. I considered eating only what "illegal aliens" and "undocumented workers" eat because they are the most valuable workers to these corporations and big agri-business in the US but they only want those people while they are young. I go 'round and 'round with these awful ideas...the bottom line is that we've been brainwashed into devaluing each other and that the only human worth is that which produces goods and services at the lowest cost.

There will be a very select few deemed artistic, entertaining and apolitical enough to survive and thrive but that's about it. It is not in corporate or elite interests to keep the rest of us with voting privileges alive. Do I sound paranoid or realistic?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

i feel ya' chris.
thanx for touching on the artistic comment.
i actually made a good living as a silver and gold smith. all custom, personal work.
used to do great at shows, people showed an interest and appreciation for what i created.
then after 9/11 sales dropped in half. within a year i was staying afloat doing repair work on other peoples jewelry.
then my store was closed, couldn't afford the help, shows died, and my torch and tools have now just been sitting in storage.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

in what way's have you changed your usual routine in order to avoid something like surveilance?

Not in any way. I'm not one of those who is trying to get off the grid or think there's some boogy man (big brother) out to get me. I'm a nobody who likes to debate conspiracies, why the heck would I think any government agency it after me? People who do think like that are in desperate need of psycholigical help!

for those with a chip in your brain, being tracked by satellite, here;s your chance.

Now that's just funny!!!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by KILL_DOGG]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not at all always been a lil sly as the fox but thats just me. I figure if there was something discovered of me unnatural causeing the attention then they are more afraid then I am
But why
?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My life has proven that the police are out there planning to destroy and commit murder of people who do nothing.

My life has nothing to do with paranoia, and has proven what the police are doing in london.

Police target you and then they want to pretend that your this and that. Easy tactic they use is to pretend someone is paranoid.

What about true stories like my life, where the police started a vendetta against my life 18 years ago, and never stopped.

I cannot live one moment of my life in peace, with these minority report garbage thick police loons.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Not in any way. I'm not one of those who is trying to get off the grid or think there's some boogy man (big brother) out to get me. I'm a nobody who likes to debate conspiracies, why the heck would I think any government agency it after me? People who do think like that are in desperate need of psycholigical help!

man, i wish i lived such a peaceful life.
never worried about the irs, never worried about that bit of a stash, never worried about being pulled over for my newly cracked windshield.
well, i've been called an outlaw in the past.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Q "you must be pretty paranoid to have all those guns..
A "why would i be paranoid- i got lots of guns..
so my bottom line is - if you cant defend it , then it aint yours.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Pfft- I'm not paranoid in the least tiny bit.

Really, what's the poing in worrying/ thinking someone is after you?- I think some people thrill on that idea, subconsciously they need it. - but truth is there are so much more important stuff they have to worry than "following" random citizens -who think they know what's going on 'behind the scenes'-. When truth is- no one really knows what IS -in fact going on
(of course, unless you are INSIDE the machine).

Regular citizens entertaining themselves reading conspiracies... oh big deal- no one wants to leave the comfort of their sofa- from there you can bash all you want about the enslaving empire. And keep the inertia going on. "Pass me the coca cola- this story is interesting".
lol
Yep, no real threat there.

The only people who are allowed to be paranoid in my view- could be someone that's been "behind the scene" and acquired some real information, evidence, etc. that could be compromising (could hijack/ could threaten) the continuity of current system- if it came out to the public view.
(BTW_ that's highly UNLIKELY to happen -in my opinion...)

And/or a very -few- other special cases.

So, yeah, take a chill pill- I think most people are not important (in that way). Of course...everyone's life is important! don't missunderstand my words- I'm just talking in the sense of being a "threat to the organization" and therefore being paranoid that something is going to happen to you.
Chances are very unlikely- so relax.

[edit on 30/8/10 by plutoxgirl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join