It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Government Kills Americans - And You Love It

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

your link has no sources and his points are bullcrap.

points 1-6 mean nothing to me

points 7 - nevermind im not going to touch that one

point 8 - toyota owns lexus.... and the claim that pissed me off...
CTS is an indian based company, not USA, It says that just about everywhere when you try to look something up about them

CTS stock

Read this for USA car that use CTS pedals

point 9 - see above link

point 10 - thought the problem was with the pedals? how does this mean anything?

point 11 - this means nothing to me, but is is wrong in the fact that ford only owns 13% of mazda.

point 12 - 14 makes me laugh

so its not the USA gov lying (this time), its your links author and I am not claiming that the US government doesn't lie or is anything but evil, but it is nice to have real facts. just because he has a numbered list doesn't mean its true or in your author's case...relevant.

back to the op, did you ever provide sources to anything on the first post?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ohhwataloser]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ohhwataloser]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hypothetical:

You attend a peace rally downtown. There are about 10k people at this peace rally, and all are talking about how our Government needs to turn the other cheak when bad people do things to us. They argue its our policies that cause the world to hate us, and continue to preach appeasement, disengangement, minding our own business.

Once the protester is done with his lecture, you walk up to him, and as hard as you can, you punch him in the face. Caught offgaurd, the protester you just punched appears to be readying himself to fight. Once he does this, you lecture the protester that he should not fight back, but turn the other cheek. The lecture works, and the protester backs down.

When he does this, you walk back up to him, and as hard as you can, you jack him in the face. The protester again is taken off gaurd and appears to be readying himself to fight. You again lecture him about turning the other cheek. The protester stops, thinks, and backs off again.

When he does this you walk back up to him, and as hard as you can, you punch him in the face. When he appears to be getting ready to fight, you again lecture him about turning the other cheek.

Moral of the story - Eventually the protester will learn that there are times where one must stand and fight, to draw a line in the sand and say no more, never again.

War happens when diplomacy fails. Diplomacy fails because one party has intentions and goals they will accomplish at all costs. Even if it means saying you are at peace to get time to build up the military / operations.

Without a side that makes a stand, we would be singing God save the Queen. Without a side that says no more, we would be using deutch marks.

Appeasement never works, especially when one side wants to rule the world by force.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

S&F for standing for truth!

Your style drips with cynic abandon...Bravo!

Those who would label you "un-American" would not be at home with the rag-tag radicals who created this nation. Few are aware that the British crown viewed the founders of the US, at the time, as anarchist tyrants. Your rant is in the fine time-honored tradition of TRUE Americanism, which all but died many decades ago.

The simple question of, "Who do you trust?" is vital to our literal survival. Unfortunately, my observations have been that the overwhelming battle cry of the under 50 crowd is centered on the word "compliance". Never do they make waves or question BigGov. They grovel in their own self-centered existence, accepting whatever BigGov demands of them. They deserve the slavery that awaits them.

Long live those brave enough to tell the truth and endure the lies of the uninformed!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,000

Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39) 23,000,000 (the purges plus Ukraine's famine)

Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) 12,000,000 (concentration camps and civilians WWII)

Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908)

Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44) 5,000,000 (civilians in WWII)

Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-20) 1,200,000 Armenians (1915) + 350,000
Greek Pontians and 480,000 Anatolian Greeks (1916-22) + 500,000 Assyrians (1915-20)

Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000

Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94) 1.6 million (purges and concentration camps)

Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78) 1,500,000

Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970) 1,000,000

So as you can clearly see,this has been going on all around the world in the last century!
source?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
"The U.S. Government Kills People and You Love It"What the hell does "and you love it"mean?Obviously the circled V means that if we don't rebell with violance we condone the killing.How is that any different then what the government is doing????

You obviously don't know a thing about human nature,we as a species have been killing each other sinse the begening,we are a predator species and this is what we do.We don't have the will to change.

Change yourself if you can ,if not then just keep blameing everyone else just like all the other America haters

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Battleline]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Don't forget the forced urbanization of rural society in the 1930s...not everyone died, but it ushered in the beginning of industrial farming and made sure there were plenty of "useless" folks to go to war some 5 years later.

reply to post by Battleline

Yes, but human nature involves context.

What is the context to controlling people you've never met? What other predator can control and kill a creature it will never consume?

What lion or bear or shark or crocodile will have the capability to totally slaughter all other competitors outside of its immediate environment (which is the true environment)?

I think the OP meant (when he/she said "...And you love it") is that the propaganda that supports our wars is always jubilous and glorious and full of song and dance and cultural displays - all despite the fact that the ends is the killing of many people for the gain of very few. And yet we'll still enjoy the patriotism and flag-waving and fireworks and so on.

I just saw some propaganda for the Navy that says that some young kid's dad is keeping us safe from "Somali Pirates"..."America's Navy: A force for Good" (Good here is, of course, subjective).

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Good information to know, but, a bit outdated don't you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So - it's ok for US government ti kill its citizens, just as long as other countries are doing it too? What kind of logic is that?

Just had to second that.
Common sence just seems to be slowly becoming extinct sometimes.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Unfortunately, my observations have been that the overwhelming battle cry of the under 50 crowd is centered on the word "compliance". Never do they make waves or question BigGov. They grovel in their own self-centered existence, accepting whatever BigGov demands of them. They deserve the slavery that awaits them

Now you are blaming people in their 20's for man's inhumanity to man. I wonder what you were doing to correct a corrupt government when you were fresh out of high school? Give the kids a chance to grow as old, bitter, and cynical as you are and see what they do then.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
AS LONG AS THERE HAVE BEEN GOVERMENTS THERE HAS BEEN WARS FOUGHT OVER COMPLETE BULL----. there are very few legitimate reasons to go to war. to repel invasion is one of the most important reasons but our goverment has let 10s of million people invade our country and won't do jack about it. reason 2 to respond to a vicious attack on our soil. well september 11 2001 we were attacked by a saudi force using 4 commercial gets as guided bombs . the next day saudi television held a telephon and raised 25 million for these heroes families. did we quickly mobilise and respond yes did we hit saudi arabia no we hit a country that basically was a dirt poor pile of rocks called afganistan. yes it is a shame our goverment likes to sacrifice our lives so needlessly. want to stop wars make it a law that if you are seeking political office on federal level that in any future conflicts while you are in power that your children of age will be drafted for military service no exceptions. i gurantee you would have lots less war over crap

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

While you are on a rampage against the killer American government, please include a list of all other countries that have killed their own citizens.

Unless you are willing to do so, because it happens, well, then that speaks volumes for your post.

There is no winning or losing here, as all nations can rack up the points you are trying to collect!

While it is a true motivation to speack against injustice wherever it lays (lies). when it is on at my house, I am most responsible for that.

A great truth is that the most prodigious killer of a nations citizens are those who are in power over them... well maybe with the exception of invading armies... as in Iraq, Afghanistan...

What Mnmeth is doing is attempting to elicit recognition of the horror of unchecked power and the oppression of democracy/ mobocracy, and the various 'state-isms'.

The evidence is quite glaring. An escpecially valid look is to be had by those American chauvinists who think it is thier job to police the world at the expense of actually defending our own borders.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So, what is your intent?

Even though I see two subjects being slammed together, I just don't understand the intent of this thread. You presented some information as far back as the 1860s, so you can say, "America has killed American civilians."

Sure, we historically had major issues to deal with; however, do you think we have done more good than bad? Have we done 'exceptional' things in this country, or do we only act in a evil and destructive manner?

How do you perceive the United States overall?

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Unfortunately, my observations have been that the overwhelming battle cry of the under 50 crowd is centered on the word "compliance". Never do they make waves or question BigGov. They grovel in their own self-centered existence, accepting whatever BigGov demands of them. They deserve the slavery that awaits them

Now you are blaming people in their 20's for man's inhumanity to man. I wonder what you were doing to correct a corrupt government when you were fresh out of high school? Give the kids a chance to grow as old, bitter, and cynical as you are and see what they do then.

OK, here's your chance.

Prove me wrong, and make me proud.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

All those who love the State. Which is a large portion of ATS. I'm not talking to warmongers. I'm talking to statists - which is damn near everyone.

Just so you cleared that up. You are talking to everyone who loves "the State" which is a curious reference in itself. Don't you mean everyone, "who loves their country?"
And you go on to say... "which is damn near everyone."

My comments are:
GROSS EXAGGERATION
PARANOID DELUSIONAL

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
All those who love the State. Which is a large portion of ATS. I'm not talking to warmongers. I'm talking to statists - which is damn near everyone.

So, basically you are looking to demonize the United States? Why?

What do you expect to accomplish?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by mnemeth1

So, basically you are looking to demonize the United States? Why?

What do you expect to accomplish?

Accomplish?

Nothing, probably. Most are quite comfortable accepting the death of their own citizens for no damned good reason. Now go back to sleep!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Maybe these question can be answered by you as well:

Do you think the United States has done more good than bad?

Has the United States done anything 'exceptional'?

Do you think the United States does more evil or good compared to other countries?

Do you get angry when other United States citizens have great pride in their country?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Maybe these question can be answered by you as well:

Do you think the United States has done more good than bad?

Has the United States done anything 'exceptional'?

Do you think the United States does more evil or good compared to other countries?

That would be:
yes
yes
about equal

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

about equal

Explain to us in depth where this is coming from, please? Do you think that the United States did an equal amount of destruction as Hitler did during World War II? Or, maybe Starlin?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The Palestinians are the ones that blow themselves up and kill innocent civilians.. We are allies with Israel and we just supply them weapons/military products. What Israel does to the Palestinians has been going on before America was really even around.

How do you know they didn't want our help? Are you embassador to the World or something? Did anyone from any government ever tell you this? I think not!!!!

psychotic Zionist gangsters.... LOL you are a nutjob lay off the ATS....

We are NOT attack innocent civilians... But it is war and sometimes innocents do get caught in the crossfire and sometimes there are mistakes and some innocents get killed. How come you aren't compaining about the suicide bombers blowing up innocent civilians??

You have no clue what is going on in the middle east other than what you hear on the news kid. I have been in and out of Iraq and AFghanistan since '01. I bet you have never even set foot in either of those countries. Don't spread lies and propaganda that we are killing innocents on purpose... We are fired upon and we return fire that is our ROE downrange. Sometimes this is broken, S^&T happens it's war. You can cry for them all you want but these extremists want to kill EVERY PERSON THAT IS NOT A CHILD OF ISLAM. You need to get your facts straight. And yea I know our government is doing it for our own good as well as helping out the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. The Taliban rule the country using fear tactics and intimidation... Sadam did the same... Do some REAL research bud....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join