It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Rocket is My Clothes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jeeez Louise!
I'm not booking my flight on this thing just yet! Check out this one man rocket aiming for twenty miles up, while standing up!!!!

My Rocket is My Clothes

I feel for the test dummy!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I want to see it launch!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I saw this in another thread a few days ago. That is absolutely crazy. You would think that the g-forces alone might make it hard to stand, not to mention banging around. Also, experiencing zero-gravity might not be too fun if you have nowhere to move.

With that being said, you have to hand it to these guys for creating the rocket and breaking, no setting the record. You know, as scary as it looks, I would do it in a heart beat. It has to be a crazy and exciting experience, to say the least. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Holy hell...you'd have to be a psycho to get in that thing and be blasted above the atmosphere...that is seriously one of the most insane things I've ever seen...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
puts a whole new spin on standing room only lol.
can they make this work ? sure if not now sooner or later.
is there a point to this? NO a resounding NO that is .
Ok so your up in space now cant even turn around no room for much food or air all you can do is stand there and stare out the windows .
and this helps us how?
THE IDEA BEHIND SPACE FLIGHT IS TO LEARN NEW THINGS DEVOLIP new technology . To eventually go to other planets in our system and some day beyond . Your not making even a moon trip standing up let along mars .
so wile this is a cute toy thats all it will ever be is a toy .
heck think of it as extream bungy jumping

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Love the see through head dome thing...The actually want to put a real person in this one day...WOW what a ride that would be,but surley the Gs would make you pass out and miss the ride?

Or have they secretley cracked "inertial dampening" technology?

I hope the test goes well,the launch window begins on Aug 30th.
Hmm but guys-why have you decided to go for all that expense of building your floating launch platform,and even a submarine to supply it?

I would have opted for a field and a beat up van myself...more money for the rocket then see?
Come on-Its not rocket science is it?

More pics here:
www.copenhagensuborbitals.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Ok so your up in space now cant even turn around no room for much food or air all you can do is stand there and stare out the windows. And this helps us how?

Budget tourism.

Virgin Galactic will get you up to Richard Branson's planned space station for a quarter of a million dollars.

RyanAir, using one of these, will do it for fifty bucks. For another fifty you can take along your solarkini and a bottle of factor 10,000 sunblock.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but, is it mentioned how exactly they will launch the rocket the to that height. What type of engine, fuel etc.?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Fuel will be polyurethane,parrafin,or epoxy.
Looks like liquid oxygen as the oxidiser I think:

The Hybrid Exo Atmospheric Transporter or HEAT, is a real scale rocket with a 640 mm diameter tube that will function as the final rocket and carrier of the one person spacecraft. The oxydizer for the HATV will be liquid oxygen (LOX). The HEAT booster will finally serve as the transportation vehicle for the man rated spacecraft. The HEAT booster will burn for about 60 seconds, providing 40kN of thrust, resulting in less than 3-g making the trip feasible for humans to endure in an upright position.

Good pics and booster test vids on that page.
And more good stuff here with loads of details on the craft,including many pics and some parachute test vids:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
She packed my bags last night pre-flight, zero hour nine a.m.

new topics

top topics

join