It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berlin Cannibal Restaurant Calls For Diners To Donate Body Parts For Menu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ran a search, didn't see this, so here it is.

A website advertising a new restaurant in Germany has called for humans to donate body parts for the menu causing outrage.

The online campaign by Flime in Berlin has called for diners to "donate any part of their body" as well as looking for an "open-minded surgeon".

However, politicians have condemned the restaurant for being a tasteless PR stunt according to Der Spiegel.

T elegraph.co.UK
My God.
I really don't know what to say about this becasue this is scary on many different levels.
Sure they have a right to start the business but will people patronize the business?

What type of person would actually have the immoral decency to order from this menu?

Do you get a dining discount if you make a donation?

Maybe now would be a good time to buy "fava beans" and "chianti" stock.

Sick!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I have a few spare parts that I would LOVE to donate!

But who would eat them, my spare parts I am willing to donate are really fatty pieces of meat.

But yeah how creepy.

However, what makes eating human flesh worse than eating cow flesh? Meat is meat.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Gross. I am trying to think of what body part I would be willing to give up.

Are they serious?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

However, what makes eating human flesh worse than eating cow flesh? Meat is meat.

Really?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Really?

Yes really.

It is a debate about eating voluntarily donated human flesh. I thought someone somewhere was crowing about a food shortage, and another was bleating about obesity problems.

This could be a solutuon.

Just SAYin....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think by posting in this thread and bumping it in this manner only plays into the hands of the sick and demented pitch man who came up with this .

I now feel a bit dirty.

~meathead

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok sorry just had to speak up on this one; first the donation is after death just like we leave our body to science or as an organ donor. Second we only think this is wrong because it is not the norm, but look at those whom have eaten flesh of a past human in survival cases, you will to live another day eat of the flesh of one who has passed.

Now not talking about survival, which I think we are approaching a time of survival as we have less and less farmers providing meat as we know it and all that is going on in politics with so many out of work and becoming homeless and basically starving on the streets. But not talking about survival but just circumstances we are running out of land to bury our dead and that is why so many have chosen the path of cremation besides it being cheaper. Bottom line if my family was hungry I would give of myself so that they would survive another day would you not do the same and if so, if you are an organ donor and after science has taken of you what it will why through out the rest when it could help others from there starvation. Cannibalism is a long time way of life for many nations and I for one see nothing wrong with it as a source of protein when no other source is readily available. We in America do not except cat or dog as food, yet around the world these are served up on a regular basis and why not it is meat and in the states a plentiful source of food easily bread population more so than cow, buffalo or other so called normal protein.

Bottom line in order to survive you will eat it, if expose to on a normal basis it would no long be considered gross if you will, but could be listed as so many exotic foods as a delicacy.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So are you, dare I say, game?

Are you saying you would actually consider having dinner at the restaurant some time?

What type of "meal" would you order?

Gawd, WHAT"S WRONG WITH ME?
I feel so cheap and depraved for even asking.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Although this one is especially tasteless, it is certainly not the first tasteless marketing stunt. Many PR-people have to lie as part of their profession. No wonder, that some of them develop a twisted mind.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I doubt the diners think it's tasteless; they probably enjoy the taste.

I feel awful now.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
well as long as you don't eat Americans were high in cloistral have way to much msg and many typs of preservatives .(which is the reasion we have the highest life expediency i gess lol
Humans the new chicken

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In a survival situation I would NOT eat another person. So I dare say I would not frequent a restaurant with such things on the menu.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hell no I am not game.

But who am I to stomp on it for someone else?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Really?

yes....yes really. humans contain most every nutrient another human would need. sounds like it would be the healthiest meat you can consume.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The meat served at this restaurant will have been given voluntarily. That is morally superior to taking it without consent; particularly compared the hellish practice that is factory farming.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ill have the human ribs please. Make it rare

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Wow is this for real

This is disgusting and who would participate in this?

Now I could have read something incorrectly but don't you get some sort degenerative brain disease when you eat human meat?

I wouldn't donate anything~ I like my parts

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's just disgusting. I heard that they have some pretty radical laws in Germany. You can roast someone alive and eat them if it is a consensual agreement. To each his own, but really? I swear some of these folks got a short circuit somewhere. What has happened to humans? Are we all just animals? Nasty, filthy animals?

I think I am going to cry.
I'm living in a land of Dinosaurs.
We kill each other, eat each other...

Some say, "what is the world coming to?"
I counter, "What isn't the world coming to?"

Are we ever going to see the light?
Is this not a kind of 'human sacrifice'?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They can eat all the flesh they want, they'll die an horrible death because when you do cannibalism, you contract CJD, or mad cow disease and your brain starts to rot and you die from it... and there's no cures.

Karma will get them.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Now I could have read something incorrectly but don't you get some sort degenerative brain disease when you eat human meat?

www.ninds.nih.gov...

Kuru is a rare and fatal brain disorder that occurred at epidemic levels during the 1950s-60s among the Fore people in the highlands of New Guinea. The disease was the result of the practice of ritualistic cannibalism among the Fore, in which relatives prepared and consumed the tissues (including brain) of deceased family members. Brain tissue from individuals with kuru was highly infectious, and the disease was transmitted either through eating or by contact with open sores or wounds. Government discouragement of the practice of cannibalism led to a continuing decline in the disease, which has now mostly disappeared.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join