It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceShipOne lift off

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It's set to lift off at 6:30 a.m PDT! 4 hours away!

Anyone know of any live webcasts or TV broadcasts that are planned?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
MSNBC.com will have live streaming coverage , thanks for the heads up , gotta see that !

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am really excited about this event! If successful(and it will be), Spaceshipone will open the way for humanity to finally travel to the stars. Unfortunatly many of the news channels do not share my enthusiasm, and even mock it, stating that it looks like something someone would purchase off of an 'ACME' catelog. No matter, humanities hope for the future will not be destroyed by bad media coverage(atleast CNNs)!

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
20 Minutes to lift off! I can't believe this is not on TV! I can't find a single channel with coverage!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
FAQS about the lift-off

www.scaled.com...

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yes our good buddy Miles Obrian is there live! Check out CNN ladies and gentlemen!

History in the making!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here's a link to the radio station that will be broadcasting it live:
www.kloafm.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well they are covering it, although they seem a bit impatient to get it over and cover more pressing news, like the latest gossip about Britany Spears.

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
White Knight, the mother ship carrying SpaceShipOne that will go to space will take 1 hour to get to 50,000 feet where it will release SpaceShipOne to continue its journy. Looks like i'm staying up later then I thought

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
CNN, confound it, wants you to register for their service and Pay Money to see it. Feh. Fie.

And I can't find the live broadcast link on the country station. There's supposedly a municipal live feed at the City of Ridgecrest, but I can't locate it just yet:

And this advertised link is down:
ci.ridgecrest.ca.us...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
City of Ridgecrest's homepage is hammered by the curious... can't get through on it (feh!)

Here's the timeline (White Knight should have taken off by now):

Timeline for Monday's suborbital flight of SpaceShipOne:

9:30 a.m. EDT: White Knight carrier plane, with SpaceShipOne slung beneath it, takes off from Mojave, Calif., and begins one-hour climb to launch altitude of 50,000 feet.

10:30 a.m. EDT: SpaceShipOne drops from the carrier plane. Rocket motor ignites and burns for 80 seconds, then shuts down. SpaceShipOne coasts the rest of the way up to an altitude of 62 miles, then falls back into Earth's atmosphere and begins a 15- to 20-minute descent.

10:55 a.m. EDT: SpaceShipOne glides to a landing at Mojave Airport.

If nothing else, let's keep this thread updated and bumped, folks, with news and stories. Has anyone checked slashdot for feeds?

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
video.msn.com...

Is a working Live web cam feed. CNN TV is also covering it live.

Apparently this is not one of the official two launches needed for the X Prize. According to the X Prize rules there needs to be 2 people in the ship that goes into space. This flight only has the pilot. The first official lauch for SpaceShipOne with 2 people is going to happen in September.

please use this thread
thanks

[edit on 21-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I'm having the dickens of a time getting the live feeds to broadcast. Anybody having any luck so far?

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'm having the dickens of a time getting the live feeds to broadcast. Anybody having any luck so far?

In the MSNBC link given theres 2 pictures that says its the live feed. One says "LIVE NOW: NASA TV: SpaceShipOne launch, Mon. at 9:30 a.m. ET" the other says "LIVE NOW: SpaceShipOne launch" The LIVE NOW: SpaceShipOne launch is the one you want. The NASA TV one is not showing anything about it for some reason, it's just showing NASA stuff.

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Its official! Today the 21st of June in the year 2004 the first civilian ran by a civilian program has went into space!

Now where can I go buy my ticket?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Astronaut Mike Melvill just landed!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
!!! Alright!!! Go free enterprise!! See things can be done when you put your mind(s) to it(NASA where are your brains right now?).

new topics

top topics

join