It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations With Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is another theory I have and if you read any further consider the question that follows asked. How does the Law of Attraction work?

A couple of days ago, it occurred to me that I really was having a conversation with myself. Others call it praying. I was defining my own reality by stating something that I needed and expecting that I would get it.

Some people know this works, others get all angry-faced about it like "nuh uh, I can't have what I need fool." Those of you that are angry-faced, pretend it works. Now that it does, how does it work? That's a good question, a good question indeed.

Let's break down what's happening. There's just me, alone in the dark, stating what I need. Within a week usually, sometimes a month, what I need is given to me. I've also noticed that when I don't need things but simply want them, I don't always get them haha.

Nonetheless, am I powerful enough to give myself what I really do need? That'd make me seemingly super-human, "God" it seems. Maybe it's that simple. Maybe I'm "God" experiencing life and when something occurs where I have need and demand it, I give myself that need to progress through life in the way that seems needed.

This form of "praying" for other people doesn't seem to work too well. Perhaps it's because what I'm trying to give them, they don't need. That in essence makes them untouchable to me. They have a "God" quality themselves. So maybe in this human experience, "God", who is you, can only grant people what they themselves demand. He/She can't influence other people's lives to violate their free will.

There you have it folks.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Jwest06]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i converse with myself on a regular basis.
if i get caught,
i was speaking with my dog.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is where i believe that its not a law of attraction...its simply the fact that everything ALWAYS works out, no matter how bad or down things may seem.

Look back at a really hard part in your life, you got through it and no matter what you think you need or what you want you'll always get through it because you HAVE too.

Thats just my take on it...

Dont worry, there are plenty of others out there that worry enough as it is.

[edit on 27/8/10 by jrmcleod]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As long as you are questioning yourself outloud, for other people to hear, and then answering yourself outloud as well, you are doing what we all do!

It's called inner turmoil!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I talk to my self in the mirror and act out scenes from Generation Kill

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I'm not worried, these realizations come to me through silence haha. However, I just had to give an example so I'll reuse it here. There's no real reason you need to fly. But if you absolutely had to and it was a life or death decision where you being alive was too important, do you think you'd fly?

In the other example, it was someone making a dumb statement though lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jwest06

Oh i see where you are coming from and i have often thought of things like that.

Its like the super human strength in danger situations. In answer to your question...yes i think i would!

[edit on 27/8/10 by jrmcleod]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Then it would be outer-turmoil then wouldn't it assuming that people usually do this within their own minds. I was not in any turmoil though because I find worrying to be unnecessary since it doesn't do anything except make you feel negative.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i know exactly what you're talking about. i have conversations with myself on a regular basis and i'll run different scenarios through my mind, and then not too long after, it happens. i call this manifesting your own reality via the power of the consciousness
i've had many many things that i've created in my mind manifest in reality. i dont know if i totally believe all that "law of attraction" stuff, i just think that our minds are much more powerful than we think

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Universal Laws....

Also arrived at this page yesterday (27th August 2010) in relation to OP Proving that you're God

The Universal Laws are all inter-related and are founded on the understanding that everything in the universe is energy, including us, and that energy moves in a circular fashion. At the microscopic level, we are a whirling mass of electrons and energy atoms spinning rapidly. In fact, everything in the world is comprised of energy and we are intimately connected with this sea of energy, this sea of whirling electrons.

Our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions are all forms of energy. What we think, feel, say, and do in each moment comes back to us to create our realities. Energy moves in a circle, so what goes around comes around. The combined thoughts, feelings, words and actions of everyone on the planet creates our collective consciousness, it creates the world we see before us.

The exciting news is, because our thoughts, feelings, words and actions create the world around us, we have the power to create a world of peace, harmony and abundance. In order to do this, it is essential that we learn to control our thoughts and emotions. Understanding the Universals Laws help us to do this.

To sum it up, in chronological order:

1. The Law of Divine Oneness
2. The Law of Vibration
3. The Law of Action
4. The Law of Correspondence
5. The Law of Cause and Effect
6. The Law of Compensation
7. The Law of Attraction
8. The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy
9. The Law of Relativity
10. The Law of Polarity
11. The Law of Rhythm
12. The Law of Gender

And the "21 Sub Laws"

The 21 sub-laws are actually human characteristics that relate to the Universal Laws. These characteristics are: Aspiration to A Higher Power, Charity, Compassion, Courage, Dedication, Faith, Forgiveness, Generosity, Grace, Honesty, Hope, Joy, Kindness, Leadership, Noninterference, Patience, Praise, Responsibility, Self-Love, Thankfulness, and Unconditional Love.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

I don't know that I would now either. In understanding it, it's not really the Law of Attraction anymore is it? But you also got to use language to help others know what you're saying, to express one's self. If I left that bit out, it might be more complicated to comprehend. At the moment, I do not know or care haha.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I believe everything you are saying exactly to a tee...but i have a different perspective on it. I am a christian, and i believe that the original sin in Genesis was that the devil promised Eve she could be like God...

everything is about perspective to me, and I think anyone who thinks they can be like God is on a different level...lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Hmm, I'm not sure how you could fully agree if you're Christian, but I'll accept your religion
lol, just this once.

new topics

top topics

join