It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Governments New Right to Track Your Every Move With GPS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Governments New Right to Track Your Every Move With GPS

Government agents can sneak onto your property in the middle of the night, put a GPS device on the bottom of your car and keep track of everywhere you go. This doesn't violate your Fourth Amendment rights, because you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway — and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements.

This is according to the ultra left wing 9th Circuit of Appeals.

The judges veered into offensiveness when they explained why Pineda-Moreno's driveway was not private. It was open to strangers, they said, such as delivery people and neighborhood children, who could wander across it uninvited.

3 rulings were made in one in this case.. which im surprised wasn't on ATS.

1. The Government may enter your front yard, drive way, open garage, porch etc without a warrant, or even announcing their presence..

2. The Government may track your movements with GPS

3. ALL Property "open to the public" you do not have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" .... I'm sorry, I don't have a fence (see below) around my front yard, but it's still my property and I'll treat it as such.

Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, who dissented from this month's decision refusing to reconsider the case, pointed out whose homes are not open to strangers: rich people's. The court's ruling, he said, means that people who protect their homes with electric gates, fences and security booths have a large protected zone of privacy around their homes. People who cannot afford such barriers have to put up with the government sneaking around at night.

Read more: www.time.com...

You read correct.... only those rich enough for electric gates/fences and security booths should have a reasonable expectation of privacy in their own property. Oligarchy? I think so..

Treason, plain and simple..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While this case only went as far as GPS tagging somone's car. What about nearly every cell phone that is out there; most of those have GPS in them. I know someone might say you can disable that function, but it is a known that a phone can be remotely turned on. Like the mic turned on and I am sure that the GPS can be enabled as well.

There is just a little too much being done in saving us all from terrorism.

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This person got the story here first...sorry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
As pointed out by the poster above me, the topic is already covered.

Please add any comments to that thread.

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join