It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News From France (possibly old news?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wanted to provide this link as I found it to be quit good and encouraging information. It's certainly nothing earth shaking, but it seems intelligent and credible. I was wondering if I could get some input post reading the short presentation or from those that very well may be already familiar with organization and it's summary of findings. There are numerous links within the article's follow up credentials that point to original documentation and translation. Cool stuff! www....(nolink)/french-ufo-report-081610/

Thanks!

[edit on 27-8-2010 by MasterOfSparkz]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of this, thanks for the heads-up.

I haven't read it yet, but from what I read of the conclusions, it doesn't look like it brings any world shattering information, but it's always good to see a serious study of this subject.

It also has some cases that they considered the most relevant, although just very short descriptions.

Good find.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
interesting article
This report is not an official government report.
It is good that France and now Brazil is taking a stance on UFO's.
but until we get more than he said she said there will be no way to know for certain.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I agree with both of you. It's no BIG deal but what is "healthy" is that it's a somewhat disciplined and refined long term study. I believe, not positive, but it seems like it stated that it was an official French government appointed study. It was simply turned over to a non government agency to carry out. Maybe since the 60s or so.

You're both (obviously) right though. It's nothing earth shattering and "absolute final proof", but what it does bear is REAL weight in the sense that it seems to be garnering attention from official scientific circles. That's what this tremendously important field of interest most needs. Legitimate creditability wherein more and more official academic involvement can be cultivated.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterOfSparkz
It's nothing earth shattering and "absolute final proof", but what it does bear is REAL weight in the sense that it seems to be garnering attention from official scientific circles.

That's not something new, as they say in the translated report:

France is the only country where the collection of Unidentified Aerospace Phenomena (French acronym PAN) and its scientific study have been assigned since 1977 to a civilian official organization, the CNES [National Center for Space Studies, the French space agency] through the GEPAN study group.

I wonder what more information do they have unpublished.

top topics

join