It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sinner' singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince Of Darkness

'Sinner' singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

I think this was more of a publicity stunt than anything, ...

‘Sinner’ singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

His “judicial panel,” with Rabbi Ben Zion Mutsafi and another member, sentenced Erez Yechiel to 39 lashes in order to “rid him of his sins.”
******SKIP******
Yechiel, who said, “I accept upon myself the lashing for my sins,” was ordered to stand by a wooden poll with his head facing north (“from whence the evil inclination comes”), his hands tied with a azure-colored rope (“a symbol of mercy”), and served his “sentence.”

Sounds to me like an "overzealous" or extreme Jewish religion sect getting attention at the same time as this singer/artist.

The singer probably thought this would help his "popularity".

[edit on 8/28/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Exactly my point, if there is an agreement then it is not wrong.

Everything is done based on agreements, for example you make an agreement with the government that if you steal, they will send you to jail. That doesn't mean it is wrong, but it would be wrong if you either didn't agree, or you didn't get punished based on the agreement.

So if I agree that I should be killed if I steal your money, then when I do, and I get convicted, then get killed for stealing, it is not wrong.

Some people put their emotions in front of logic and claim it is wrong, why should a man die because of stealing blablbalbalba

It is those emotional people which has destroyed the world, and destroyed the only true freedom we ever had since our existence, our freedom to choose.

Now we don't choose which laws should be implemented on us, or which penalties, we are all forced by a centralized government which most of us didn't even choose.

Good Job Wack Jobs

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My understanding is that traditional religious Jews prefer to segregate themselves even within their households from women who are menustrating.

They believe there is something inherently evil and tempting going on while women are going through this cycle.

This though may be cover for avoiding women during a time when they can at times be shall we say overly cranky!

Proving once again, you can use God as an excuse to get out of or into almost anything!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This part of the Jewish religion is like some parts of any other religions, a little different from the rest, and like I said, I think they both think this is good "publicity" for each of them, ...

For the singer, free press andto attract people to buy his music, and the Rabbi, ...

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak: "A Million More Ba'alei Teshuvah In The Coming Year"

Rav Amnon's stated goal is to increase the ranks of ba'alei teshuvah by one million within the next year, something he believes can be accomplished if each one of us accepts the responsibility of introducing just one Jew to Yiddishkeit.

From where I'm sitting this all sounds like a "publicity stunt" to me!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

EeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeYUP! There's the truth behind the action.

Being of the Jewish faith and growing up where there was only one Synagogue (Conservative), I thought it would be interesting to attend the varying temples when I relocated to Vegas. All I can say is, WOW! I wasn't expecting that vast of a difference.

When I was at the Traditional temple, I arrived after the doors had closed and service had begun. I'm lucky my female intuition led me to the set of doors on the left, otherwise I would have walked into the men's side.

I'll tell you right now, I was not comfortable there at all. In fact, I was made to feel uncomfortable quite overtly. The entire service was handled on the men's side with a curtain between the male and female sides (think the operating room on M.A.S.H.). I was accustomed to singing out loud because God gave me a beautiful singing voice. One of the old men hit the curtain next to my seat to see who was singing and gave me the dirtiest look! Then I noticed none of the women were singing audibly, which meant that women were not meant to be seen or heard (as we are a distraction to men and make them think about sex during inappropriate times, like prayer). So I decided to the only right thing in that situation . . . sing out even louder.

So, for the Rabbi to have a problem with men and women attending the same performance is absolutely absurd! All that was necessary by Traditional standards is to segregate male and female and put up a curtain. Simple solution. No need for such extreme punishment . . . unless it's a PR stunt to garner some global attention.

P.S. Women are not seen as evil temptation during their menstral period. We are considered unclean and need to wait 7 days after the last day of bleeding to be cleansed in a mikvah (this also happens to coincide with coitus for the purpose of procreation).

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Prince Of Darkness

Great, just great. What next they start selling their daughters into slavery again? Stoning girls who aren't virgins on their wedding night? Killing those that work on the Sabbath? This is scary stuff, we can't allow the primitive bronze age parts of these religions make a come back.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

but what was not made clear is weather they were ordered by the state of it it was done so and carried out by some self riches religious group with no state power.

By the state??? Are you kidding? This was done by self-appointed "judges" , there is an official religious court in Israel (part of Rabanut) and while it also is not free from problems - this is official.
Amnon Yitshak is not official,by far. By the way, some people on this thread can look up to him, he also is against Zionism. So you guys are in good company.
en.wikipedia.org...
A wiki on him

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

If you are squeamish, turn your head away, starting at about 5:20; whatever you do, do not look at the reflection in the bookcase!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

We are both talking about the same thing from different point of view.

Whether it is a publicity stunt or not, it is right, because the singer accepted the lashings.

I'm talking about freedom to choose and freedom to created treaties between individuals. That is the freedom everyone is suppose to have, and there is so much war and violence because we are deprived of that freedom. Look at the Taliban, look at N-Korea, look at Iran, look at Syria, look at Iraq, look at middle east as a whole, look at Africa, look at South America, look at Chichnia and other Russia states, look at Kashmir and other Indian states, and China.

The violence exists because the world governments are depriving us of our right to choose. Everyone of us have that right, but they are trying to brainwash us and tell us no, only lawmakers can make law, zzzzz...

I can make agreements with who ever I want, I can make agreement with you, and set punishments and rewards within that agreement. The government job is to simply implement those agreement.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Finally, people will get to see that it's not just Islam that perpetrates barbarity in the name of religion.

Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Bahaism... the list goes on and on of religion perpetuating barbarous behaviour to satisfy the base desires of those practicing them.

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To be honest, its not as if he was protesting the matter. I cant see the problem with it, and lets face it, if the accused was remotely fussed, he could have just beat his way out of it. Its not as if Rabbis are known for being armed to the teeth or for that matter trained in Kung Fu.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Finally, people will get to see that it's not just Islam that perpetrates barbarity in the name of religion.

Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Bahaism... the list goes on and on of religion perpetuating barbarous behaviour to satisfy the base desires of those practicing them.

Parallex.

Why didn't you just say human beings instead of religion?

Kind of odd

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Parallex

Parallex.

Why didn't you just say human beings instead of religion?

Kind of odd

Human beings are capable of so much good in the world. Religion seems to only bring disaster and misery. It wouldn't be accurate if I put it your way surely?

Parallex.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Ohhh I see, it is religion, not human beings

Cute argument..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join