It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro: bin Laden is a CIA agent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Fidel Castro: bin Laden is a CIA agent

www.jamaicaobserver.com

HAVANA, Cuba — Fidel Castro says al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden is a bought-and-paid-for CIA agent who always popped up when former President George W Bush needed to scare the world, arguing that documents recently posted on the Internet prove it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yet another interesting remark from the aging Fidel Castro..

Of course, we all know how good friends the US and bin Laden were back in the days. Maybe they still are?

I googled this and didn't really notice any mainstream media reporting about it.. Originally I noticed it on a Finnish news site.

Wonder if Fidel hit a touchy subject with this one =)

www.jamaicaobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

S&F.. !!

i knew that

but 3/4 of the american public still beleive in the official white house story
if you think they are wrong you will be labelled... TRAITOR or unpatriotic...
they have played well their cards
bin laden .. is alive and rich somewhere now ..
how come he wasnt capture ..since he started all of this suposedly
and that Saddam one of the most powerfull man in the ME
was captured hiding in a 6 foot hole... Irak is big
Saddam didnt destroy the WTC but was captured and hanged
and Bin laden was never found ...
Answer: because the CIA didnt want him to be found

Castro mentionned many things
see that thread --> Castro to appear on TV Monday, government says

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well... I don't think that is really "new news". It is "known" that the CIA trained, paid and gave weapons to Bin-Laden when the Afghan war against the Russians.

CIA also trained, paid and gave weapons to the "Contras" in central america, and Pinochet in Chile, paid to get Chavez out of the government in Venezuela (but failed some days later).
Some say even Montesinos (right hand of Pres. Fujimori from Peru) was CIA.

So yes, I wouldn't doubt Osama is (or was) CIA, Fidel is right again.

Cheers
Jechu

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is one time that Fidel and I are actually going to agree on something.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Looks like it's starting to come through the pipes (AP) now:

www.cbsnews.com...
www.usatoday.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Fidel is years late on his recent proclamations. But he is correct.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is a paper trail to prove it. Money trails straight from the Bush family. Much of the world thought that the twin towers were the CIA's headquarters because of many movies saying this.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

I have to say that while I find it interesting Fidel Castro said this, it's nothing new.

That Castro might say this is sort of silly considering America put him into power.

Then he beat them when they tried to throw him out, assassinate him, etc ad naseum.

Now, back to Osama bin Laden, and whether he is a C.I.A. Agent or "Asset".

Two books will certainly clear that up for anyone wanting to know for certain.

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f75932d4680a.jpg[/atsimg]

Partial Amazon Review :

Steve Coll's Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 offers revealing details of the CIA's involvement in the evolution of the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the years before the September 11 attacks.

From the beginning, Coll shows how the CIA's on-again, off-again engagement with Afghanistan after the end of the Soviet war left officials at Langley with inadequate resources and intelligence to appreciate the emerging power of the Taliban.

...and...

The Bin Ladens: An Arabian Family in the American Century

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df5dc657613c.jpg[/atsimg]

Publishers Weekly : Partial Amazon Review :

Patriarch Mohamed's eldest son, Salem, was a caricature of the self-indulgent plutocrat: a flamboyant jet-setter dependent on the Saudi monarchy, obsessed with all things motorized (he died crashing his plane after a day's joy-riding atop motorcycle and dune-buggy) and forever tormenting his entourage with off-key karaoke.

Personally, I am at a loss, as to why Fidel Castro is bothering claiming this information.

Is he trying to clear a guilty conscience?

Find favor with a disenfranchised America and her pissed off citizens?

Or just stirring up the pot with a bit of C.I.A. trivia?

Anyone who knows anything knows Osama bin Laden was a part of Operation Cyclone.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Operation Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.

Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

Hollywood even made a humorous adaption of it called Charlie Wilson's War.

Charlie Wilson's War

The exception is of course Osama bin Laden's name was never referenced in the movie.

So, what motive does Fidel Castro have now, casting aspersions on the C.I.A.?

Just about anyone who knows anything now knows the 9/11 Commission was a lie.

Nothing more than an acting buffer between the Bush family, the House of Saud, and the ever pesky and black sheep, Osama bin Laden, and his family.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like ole Fidel Castro has recently become a member of ATS?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Is it just me or does it seem like ole Fidel Castro has recently become a member of ATS?

Castro has always spoken out against the International Banking Cartel and the Elite.

He predicted the economic collapse of the system through intentional manipulation by the Banking Cartel and the Military Industrial Complex years ago.

Some people suspect he is just clinging to life long enough to see himself proven right.

While that rhetoric served the Powers that Be when Soviet Communism was something being used to prop up Castro and to justify the whole cold war arms race, now that those arms are being turned on the Middle East and acquiring resources instead, and the Soviet Union a capitilist nation, Castro truly has survived the odds to still be in power in Cuba.

He no longer has any benefactor like the Soviet Union and is just a old diehard pain in the Powers that Be side.

Unfortunately because the Cuban Exile Community is staunchly set against him and for very good reason for the most part, the people of Cuba are still basically living a very impoverished life cut off from most International Trade and assistance because of the U.S. Embargo against the Island.

Castro is right about the things he often says about the Banking Cartel and the Military Industrial Complex but in reality he's no better than they are as he is just as quick to kill an opponent or let his people suffer to promote his own agenda.

It's hard to say if that might have been different had it not been for the embargo and all the internal and external opposition to him, but the man is rutheless and murderous in his own right nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, OBL has been a CIA asset for quite some time. He was one of the 'generals' in the Afghan/Russian resistence in the 70s and at that time Afghanistan was recieving weaponry from western arms dealers, along with advice and intelligence. If that incident was a micro USA/USSR border skirmish OBL would have been consulting with US/NATO advisors. Just like our supplying/funding the border conflict in Iraq/Iran.
There is information that shows OBL was under the CIA payroll identity of Tim Osman ( referenced here ).
It's quite disgusting how our supposed 'role models' of global diplomacy, trust, and unity have become the back alley boys in a corrupt infrastructure packed in influentially negative world policy of profit and greed.

As for Castro, he has survived many assasination attempts to silence him. I'm guessing he knows a great deal of geo-political corruption perps, and he wishes to clean out his closet before his final days.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One can't deny the fact that the man has been right on several different occasions. It just seems that of lately we are hearing a lot from him these days, and what he has to say follows suite with a lot of the material discussed here.

Let's see....www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a few that have been discussed as of recent. It just seems odd...that's all.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Unfortunately because the Cuban Exile Community is staunchly set against him and for very good reason for the most part, the people of Cuba are still basically living a very impoverished life cut off from most International Trade and assistance because of the U.S. Embargo against the Island.

That and the fact that the Cuban Government doesn't want the elite wealthy international vacationers to see the real Cubans while they spend their billions on trips to Cuban paradise resorts. I think the average Cuban would love to have the tiniest bite of what is served to the foreign wealthy elite there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e1826fb364c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/832d50913d84.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e9d8d366f49.jpg[/atsimg]
Hotels in Cuba
Cuba Resorts
Weddings in Cuba

It's hard to say if that might have been different had it not been for the embargo and all the internal and external opposition to him, but the man is rutheless and murderous in his own right nonetheless.

Yeah it's good to be the king.
I mean a Dictator.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jechu
Well... I don't think that is really "new news". It is "known" that the CIA trained, paid and gave weapons to Bin-Laden when the Afghan war against the Russians.

Glad you put "known" in quotes there, since no such thing is known, and the facts are quite the opposite. I've already posted extensively about this particular bit of disinformation, or noninformation, or, more properly, LIE all over ATS, and I grow tired of repeating myself to those who will not hear.

Believe what you will, I actually do KNOW better. That, of course, doesn't mean that you can't believe in any fantasy that floats your boat. You are most welcome to.

CIA also trained, paid and gave weapons to the "Contras" in central america,

That they did, and did pretty well. I'm still trying to figure out where the problem with that is. Actually, the only problem that I can find is that the CIA should have done it right the first time, and sent more people in against the Sandinistas before they managed to take over, rather than trusting the job to a few independents, who had their own little games to run.

and Pinochet in Chile, paid to get Chavez out of the government in Venezuela (but failed some days later).
Some say even Montesinos (right hand of Pres. Fujimori from Peru) was CIA.
I can't speak to that, having no actual knowledge of those events, but your track record is 50/50 so far, so maybe, maybe not.

So yes, I wouldn't doubt Osama is (or was) CIA,

Bin laden is not now, nor ever was, CIA. What he IS is a convenient excuse to get things done that properly ought not BE done. That's the only reason he still breathes - because he provides a convenient scapegoat for events that are now far out of his reach. Yes, they DO appear to be working together on the surface, but the end goals of each is vastly different. Rather than working together, they are more akin to strangers travelling in the same direction who have not actually gotten to the forks of the road.

Fidel is right again.

AGAIN? When was he ever right the first time?

[edit on 2010/8/27 by nenothtu]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
There is a paper trail to prove it. Money trails straight from the Bush family.

OK. Prove it.

Much of the world thought that the twin towers were the CIA's headquarters because of many movies saying this.

The world would be a better place if they didn't believe everything that came out of Hollyweird.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There is a paper trail to prove it. Money trails straight from the Bush family. Much of the world thought that the twin towers were the CIA's headquarters because of many movies saying this.

Whoa there! You just said there is a paper trail to PROVE it. Indulge me. School me. Show that paper trail you claim will PROVE it. Be advised that the paper trail MUST end with bin Laden accepting financing, since that's the allegation that keeps floating around and will not die. Now you claim PROOF of it. Time to lay your cards on the table.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

SKL, You appear to be confusing a war with an operation within that war, in the same way that many conflate bin Laden to equate with Afghanistan.

Operation Cyclone was a CIA Op to arm, train and fund Afghani mijahideen. It was run for the most part out of Peshawar, with some cross-border ops for gathering intel, and some training in country. Most of the materiel was delivered to muj agents in Pakistan, (notably in the still problematic Waziristan area), and taken across the fence by muj, on things sometimes as mundane as donkey trains.

A lot of the funding was laundered through the Saudis and Pakistani ISI, which was also problematic. ISI skimmed more than their share, and claimed more power and control than they really had a right to. CIA was, for the most part, content to let that slide, as part of the plausible deniability of the op, which turned out in the end not to have been all that plausible OR deniable.

Bin Laden was not an Afghani Muj, he was a foreigner (there were lots of foreign muj in those days). He was in control of a small contingent of other foreigners, and brought his own money (and even some equipment - construction equipment). He actually refused any funding that he thought may have had it's origin in America as 'tainted'. For the most part, he provided his own funding. He spent some time around Jalalbad, and actually participated in the 'improvements' to the cave complexes in and around Tora Bora and the Milawa Valley which gave the Soviets such headaches, and which the US seems to have rolled right over.

I reckon what I'm trying to say is that bin Laden WAS there, but was not Afghani muj, nor was he Pakistani muj which the ISI formed the core of the Taliban from. He was 'in' the war ( mostly directing, financing, and construction, not so much actually getting his hands dirty with fighting), but shied away from Operation Cyclone, and tried to pull his own freight. The issues of bin Laden and Operation Cyclone are two entirely different issues, and to a degree, the Taliban and Cyclone were separate issues as well, but in the latter case there was some indirect bleed through due to ISI involvement.

[edit on 2010/8/27 by nenothtu]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
LOL it sounds like Castro could be trolling ATS soon, I mean he is hanging with Estulin! How funny is that?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think many people will shrug this off because it comes from Castro. But I think there may be some truth behind this. The US and CIA routinely rigs other country's elections and infiltrates other country's governments (as in the recent corruption scandal in Afghanistan where it was discovered that a top government official involved in corruption was actually on the CIA's payroll).

We have many times overthrown democracies and often replace them with our puppet dictators, which more often than not backfires on us... think Saddam, the Shah of Iran, etc. We also support "freedom fighters" like Bin Laden and Al Queda with CIA training, weapons, and billions. But when they turn on us, we call them terrorist.

Yes, Osama Bin Ladin was on the CIA payroll. Yes, we did give him tons of money and support. Could he still be a CIA operative? I think its possible. The government needs a face to show the American people that this is evil. While our government's real motive is secret...perhaps control of oil as well as another chess move on the world map against Russia.

Most people in the mideast didn't even know who Bin Laden was until after 9/11. We need a boogie man. American's attention spans are short...people don't research or pay attention. Americans believe that they come all the way over here to commit suicide and kill innocents because they hate our freedoms.

And yes, America has been responsible for false flags as well as fear mongering propaganda to get the people behind their agenda...WAR.

If this is true, I am hoping and praying that it will be brought to the public's attention. I hope Wikileaks or anyone on the inside will expose this. Show the American people the hypocrisy of our evil and corrupt foreign policy.

Does anyone think the remaining unreleased Wikileaks documents may reveal that 9/11 may be a false flag? Or that Bin Laden is still a CIA operative? Their latest release may be a prelude to something like this since it talks about the United State's export of terrorism. If something like this is released, there could possibly be a revolution in this country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join