It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Medical Study: Fisherman who cleaned up oil are suffering from “CHROMOSOMAL ALTERATIONS”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

so.... still no explanation of how the FDA gave the 'go-ahead' to use Corexitt?

It seems such a simple question.

So even with these types of findings the FDA etal decided to go ahead and allow millions of gallons of the toxic substances to flow unhindered into the Gulf shores? THEY also need to be fired and replaced with a New breed of FDA, out with the old and in with the new.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Listen, they control most everything through regulation and red tape. Bureaucracy you know, so if corexit is being dumped *still* in lieu of a good solid strategy to clean up the mess they made, then yes all of the lettered agencies are responsible.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Listen, they control most everything through regulation and red tape. Bureaucracy you know, so if corexit is being dumped *still* in lieu of a good solid strategy to clean up the mess they made, then yes all of the lettered agencies are responsible.

antar - I'm wondering... As much as regs are a means to control, the regs also tie the FDA's and other agency's hands. ...Ie., they can't control beyond what the regs allow - and the regs are determined by corporate/government partnerships, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Eww, more so all the time it appears, and this is not a con that has just come into effect through the last memorable administrations either, it is unfolding in the most wicked ways against all sentient and living beings worldwide.

"They" knew and know how vulnerable the risks of using and packing the coastal areas with defunct and inadequate machinery, not to mention the dinosaur technology for our energy needs.

It reminds me of the bailouts we saw over the past several years, as the economies tanked all over the globe, the bailouts went full steam ahead to suck out every last possible dollar they could and in the process outsource our entire economic base of security. The same with this situation, obviously the oil cartels are close to the end so it is time to get as much as they can and sell sell sell before the bottom drops on the industry.

Most probably, after the shores are completely devoid of life and unsustainable for tourism and real estate, they will plan to set up standing room only windmill technologies and other green or supposedly green innovations.

Makes you sick I know. Its all part and parcel a setup.

edit on 14-9-2010 by antar because: More stuff to add.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
antar, you DO know that the FDA is the Food and Drug administration, and they have no jurisdiction over an oil spill, right?

If the FDA is involved, id be very interested in seeing something linking them to this disaster.

Or did you really mean "EPA" and just dont want to admit to a typo?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

......and justadood....

The EPA and FDA overlap when environmental contaminants get into our food.

Who has final jurisdiction? Clout for enforcement?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by antar

......and justadood....

The EPA and FDA overlap when environmental contaminants get into our food.

Who has final jurisdiction? Clout for enforcement?

I was referring to antar's quote where he claimed:

Originally posted by antar

...the FDA etal decided to go ahead and allow millions of gallons of the toxic substances to flow unhindered into the Gulf shores? THEY also need to be fired and replaced with a New breed of FDA, out with the old and in with the new.

I have yet to see anything that can show the FDA had any say in the use of corexxit in the Gulf. I've asked for it a few times, but no one has pointed me in the direction of the information this comment is based on.

Can you?

I still think antar meant the EPA, but wont admit it.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The EPA is responsible for environmental contamination:

Federal officials say they are reasonably sure that chemical oil dispersants being used on the Gulf oil spill are environmentally safe. Two recent tests in Gulf waters have proved inconclusive. Environmental Protection Agency administrator Lisa Jackson says results of a third test sampling are pending. Jackson says the dispersants, which go by the brand names Correxit 9527 and Correxit 9500, are both on the EPA's list of dispersant products approved for environmental safety. Jackson says there are many Correxit products, and the two used in the Gulf are not those that have been banned by the British for potential harm to humans and animals. She says half-a-million gallons has already been applied on the surface and at the seafloor.
cached at K PEL 96.5 Radio

The FDA is responsible for environmental contaminants that find their way into the food supply. Ie.,...

Is the Seafood Safe?

Continued attention to the initials and focus on antar's perceived misuse is a straw man distraction.

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

edit on 15-9-2010 by soficrow because: format agin

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks for that clarification Sc, I realize that this may turn into passing the buck once allt he stats do begin to surface, for now just bring as much of the truth out and not allowing it to simply dissapear is important to , at least from the public.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join