It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Medical Study: Fisherman who cleaned up oil are suffering from “CHROMOSOMAL ALTERATIONS”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

New Medical Study: Fisherman who cleaned up oil are suffering from “CHROMOSOMAL ALTERATIONS”

MADRID — Spanish fishermen who took part in a clean-up operation after the Prestige oil tanker spill in 2002 have shown symptoms of chromosomal damage and respiratory problems, a study released Tuesday said.

It said "chromosomal damage in circulating lymphocytes is an early marker of genotoxicity associated with increased risk for cancer."

It concluded that "participation in clean-up of a major oil spill seemed to have adverse health effects."

www.google.com...
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

So even with these types of findings the EPA, NOAA, DHS, FDA, CoastGuard, etal decided to go ahead and allow millions of gallons of the toxic substances to flow unhindered into the Gulf shores? THEY also need to be fired and replaced with a New breed of protectors, out with the old and in with the new.

While I am on it lets just imagine that every person responsible should be made to go hang out witht he dead and dying as well as spend the rest of their days having to eat the foul and fish from the Gulf.

Damn it! when will this nightmare end? How will it end?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sad thing about the EPA and the FDA are that they aren't necessarily in the best interests of the people. The EPA told the firemen after 911 that the air was fine to breathe, and it was full of toxins, including asbestos.

The FDA helps push through pharmaceuticals that aren't safe, even to the point where it has been on the news that they have fudged the data.

Look how many foods are banned in Europe, from both Canada and the USA because of genetic modifications, antibiotics, hormones, certain preservatives, food dyes, and unsafe packaging.

Too many nightmares to end now. The more I read about what is pushed on North Americans and banned elsewhere in the world, the more I think they either don't care at all, or it's part of their plan for less people on the land.

The next big addition to this nightmare will be the people that are eating the seafood from the gulf that the FDA has determined to be safe. And quite possibly also their descendants.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

if the situation is altering human dna, then one can only imagine how the sea and marsh life will become mutated due to long term exposures.

not too mention the mutant fishermen.

not to make lite of this situation at all, but...

only positive i can see is...
maybe it will give us a boost to the ATS Crypto forum in the years to come?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good work my friend. S&F.

Time to publicize more of this stuff - it's out there!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I have to say I am having a very very bad day because of all this information, it is so hard to digest and to still remain focused on my hearts intent here in exposing it all.

What has me so concerned is that I sense the birds who will be migrating North this month will be sending the contaminants into the fresh water supplies and so the lethal toxins continue to mutate and corrupt more species. I dont know how far this will go. I am worried.

I plan to take a 15 minute trip to the local lake here in my area of the midwest to look for any signs, I suspect seagulls will be coming our way, they have in the past during or before major hurricanes, so I suspect they may have come here and as I said this can create problems, dont want to talk about it too much locally as the locals here like shoot anything that walks crawls or flies if they have an excuse, well some anyway but thats all its going to take at this rate, the wildlife is in danger.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks Antar, once again I was unaware until your post, I will have to do some research.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Great! the more people sending this info out virally the faster we can begin to see results in the form of an outcry.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

So even with these types of findings the FDA etal decided to go ahead and allow millions of gallons of the toxic substances to flow unhindered into the Gulf shores? THEY also need to be fired and replaced with a New breed of FDA, out with the old and in with the new.

I must have missed something. The FDA? Or do you mean the EPA? And either way, how did the EPA, FDA, or any government agency 'allow' crude to flow into the Gulf?

Or are you trying to distract us from blaming the MMS, BP, and Transocean, not to mention Haliburton?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Good post.

Supports what I have been saying all along was gonna happen.

Yes all this frap we're dumping into our oceans is going to mutate us and the animals that call the sea home.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's a good overview:

Human Dimensions Impacts of Oil Spills (PDF)

Oil spills can impact physical health of responders,volunteers, and nearby residents. The severity of effectsdepends on the type of oil, the way that people wereexposed, and the extent of the exposure.

...Both acute and chronichealth impacts arise from exposures to oil, clean-up relatedmaterials/products, particulates, and diesel fumes.

Project funded by the Coastal Response Research Center - also a good resource.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Good thread Antar
We see the government can't be trusted time after time.
I don't know what we are going to do about it, but I hope a good idea comes along sooner then later.
It is their stated goal to shrink the population by the lowest and most dishonest of means.
While most just sit there just watching TV.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
corexit is being sprayed all over the globe.
nalco can be traced up to david rockefeller.
the sabotages, the chemical attacks, the poisoning
continues - world wide -now-
a war against humanity.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
corexit is being sprayed all over the globe.

You keep saying that, over and over and over, with no evidence.

why?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Here's a good overview:

Human Dimensions Impacts of Oil Spills (PDF)

Oil spills can impact physical health of responders,volunteers, and nearby residents. The severity of effectsdepends on the type of oil, the way that people wereexposed, and the extent of the exposure.

...Both acute and chronichealth impacts arise from exposures to oil, clean-up relatedmaterials/products, particulates, and diesel fumes.

Project funded by the Coastal Response Research Center - also a good resource.

Thankyou whole heartedly, any and all resources for the truth about this condition against nature is welcomed, so welcome. I skimmed over the site and it has many terrific leads and people behind it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So, is that your response to me asking how the FDA is related to this oil spill?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dood...

In an unusual joint effort, inspectors with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Food and Drug Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency, along with state wildlife officials, have poked, sliced and sniffed hundreds of samples of Gulf fish and shrimp during the past months, looking for harmful traces of oil or dispersant. So far, only one sample out of 1,007 has shown any risky residue, according to NOAA figures.

www.usatoday.com...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well that is unexpected. I hope it's nothing lasting though.

But then again, the Valdez workers didn't do too well.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yes, i am aware of that.

but your quote was "So even with these types of findings the FDA etal decided to go ahead and allow millions of gallons of the toxic substances to flow unhindered into the Gulf shores? "

My question was what the FDA had to do with 'toxic substances flow(ing) unhindered into the Gulf".

I was (and still am) unaware that the FDA had anything to do with corexit or crude.

if im wrong, please let me know.

thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The law suits are going to be gainning momentum. These people who worked directly with BP are going to brave the threats issued and come forward in record numbers. It is already happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join