It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Feds now “Concerned” about Oil Release from seal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

BREAKING: Feds now “CONCERNED” about OIL RELEASE from seal that may become “DISLODGED” when removing BOP — Reporter says “WOW” (VIDEO)

For those of you wondering what this all means, it is simply put the capability of the metahane released from such an event leads to the very real possibility of the metahne becoming explosive and also to note, methane once3 released into the atmosphere can remain there for up to 7 seven years from what I have read.

Explosive air, just great.

Here is a bit more for those of us who want to be prepared with knowledge:

Potential health effects
Methane is not toxic; however, it is highly flammable and may form explosive mixtures with air. Methane is violently reactive with oxidizers, halogens, and some halogen-containing compounds. Methane is also an asphyxiant and may displace oxygen in an enclosed space. Asphyxia may result if the oxygen concentration is reduced to below 19.5% by displacement[citation needed]. The concentrations at which flammable or explosive mixtures form are much lower than the concentration at which asphyxiation risk is significant.

en.wikipedia.org...

I dont claim to understand what this actually means to the residents of the Gulf coast if this actually happens, but just look at Mr. Allen, he LOOKS toxed out already, he was a daper looking guy before he took this disaster on, I keep thinking HE is going to be the smoking gun on all this, he seems to me to be getting fed up witht he whole scharade. I can only hope.
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... w-video

[edit on 27-8-2010 by antar]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This has seemed like a very odd idea from the start.

1. If they plan to kill the well with the relief wells, then what do they care if the BOP is fixed or not?

2. If the last attempt at the "static kill" or "top kill" worked, and the BOP is holding in the mud and cement that is holding in the oil, then why mess with it further?

3. If it is currently holding, and the relief wells have a high probability of success, then why risk further catastrophic leaks to fix something that isn't broke?

There has to be much, much more to this story, for it to make any kind of sense at all. Either the relief wells are not going to work, or they have already missed their target. OR, the current plug is not working, and they are not publicizing the failure. OR, they think they can still produce oil from this existing well if they replace the BOP and clear the current static kill. OR, the favorite of conspiracy theorists, this was all intentional and the level of devastation is not where they need it to be, so they want to have another "accident" while trying to fix it, so that they can finish their deadly work!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here at ATS we were all over this subject,..always ahead of the curve!

At this point,with disasters occuring all around the world,it wouldn't be unreasonable to imagine the gulf exploding into flames!

(Not sure if that's what it is implying either,but it's not good,that's for sure!)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Another great thread Antar. You seem to be as upset by the oil "spill" as I am. Will be watching this closely.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think that it is the option you mentioned where they will try to get oil out of this same well in the future. They already said they may tap that well again one day (if you can believe it!)....those of us who watch the cams daily have seen leaks in that BOP even after the cement. I think it did fail and they are trying to cover it up by putting a brand new shiny BOP in it's place...then, once interest dies down, they will come back to it and they will already have it set up to get the oil. I, like you, cannot think of one reason why the old BOP should be moved UNLESS it is still a risk. There is nothing these greedy bastards won't do for the almighty dollar, including taking chances with our lives!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Mmmhm worried indeed but Barry will swim there.
Or did he?
Truth is all we ask for but we will not get that so, what can ya do?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You know, the gulf has been full of crude and and other toxic crap since at least the end of ww2. And people STILL swim/swam in it every day.

They've been warning people about mercury in sea food, and yet people still eat the seafood.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the post - this is very upsetting. I couldn't get to the video - it kept giving me the run around back to the article. Could you post a direct link to the video.

Now what will they do or not do?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the post - this is very upsetting. I couldn't get to the video - it kept giving me the run around back to the article. Could you post a direct link to the video.

Now what will they do or not do?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Feds: “The BIG conversation yesterday REALLY had to do with whether or not the drill pipe was still INTACT” (VIDEO)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

JUST IN: Feds reveal concern that DRILL PIPE is CEMENTED to the CASING (VIDEO)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

So where are all the reports of abandoning ship for the storms? I mean really THIS Triple threat impact Hurricane should be BIG news with the BP situation, why all the silence now?

What does this mean? You know me I am hunting for answers and am praying for all the people animals and eco systems along the Gulf shores and beyond now when these currents send billions of gallons of contaminants intot eh North Eastern shores and the inland areas of the already vulnerable Gulf Shores , inlets and islands.

I did hear one report that turtles were being moved, not sure where or any particulars but, yes, someone is finally thinking ahaead of time for rescue of the endangered Gulf Coast creatures who have already suffered so much.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Can you go to this page and scroll down to the little video of Thad Allen speaking?

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... w-video

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Keep pumping out the information Antar....Great job

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Dont they need the BOP working 100% to be able to get the relief wells to work?

top topics

join