It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 conspiracy theory... on 9/11 conspiracy theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When it comes to 9/11 and my believes on what I think happened I usually say that I don’t believe the official story but I am yet to find a conspiracy theory that convinces me otherwise., I think there are very good arguments on both sides regarding what happened that day but I have yet to find a full narrative of events that I can say “this is what I believe happened”.

I think it is fair to say that in the conspiracy community it is generally accepted that we don’t know everything or have answers for everything, however neither does the official story. Some of the theories contradict each other for example some saying that it was the Jews, others the American government and some very imaginative people who claim it was reptilians. Then there is further contradiction with regards to how the whole day unfolded and what exactly happened, some say “they” made it happen others say “they” let it happened and so on.

For me the 9/11 conspiracy theories are lacking in some major areas that the official story has well covered. For a start the 9/11 conspiracy theories would require thousands of different people to be involved, the official story does not have this problem. Although the official story has some holes in it and leaves some unanswered questions it provides a much more coherent narrative account of events compared to the conspiracy theories. Both sides I think have some big problems, however I would lean towards the official story over the conspiracy theories.

I think there could however be an explanation that explains the explosion of 9/11 conspiracy theories on the internet. What if it’s all part of a disinformation program by a foreign state to eventually destabilise America. What if the conspiracy theories have all been deliberately fabricated by a foreign state, terrorist group, domestic radicals or dear I say it the NWO to eventually destroy America.

I recently wrote a thread called 9/11, The Consequences of Truth. In this thread I put forward a worst case scenario as to the consequences of evidence coming to light that proves the American government were behind the 9/11 attacks. In short I think it would destroy American and permanently change the global political land scope.

So what if all conspiracy theories are just lies, being fed to us by an organisation that seeks to destroy America. They could be slowly feeding us these lies, passed off as truths to bring us round to the idea that the government was really behind 9/11. Then one day they hit us all with fabricated “proof” that the American government were behind 9/11 in an attempt to destroy America. Because so many of us have been preconditioned to the idea that 9/11 was indeed a false flag none of us contest this “proof”. What I am trying to say here is that everything we read about 9/11 conspiracy theories could all be lies, it surly is just as likely as the government telling the lies.

We all know that this has been done in the past in wars, an aggressor deliberating feeding the people of a nation false information. So what is to say that this isn’t what 9/11 conspiracy theories are, just a small group individuals working under a number of aliases to flood the internet and media with 9/11 conspiracy theories to discredit the government and then one day disclose fake information to destroy America.

We are very quick to dismiss the official story, yet very few of us are prepared to question the conspiracy theories. It could be possible that it’s the conspiracy theorists that are lying to us.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think we all can agree on is that there's definitely more to the story than what we know. Personally, I think the gov't is being tight lipped becuase they're hiding one great big monumental [censored] up that contributed to the success of the attack, but that's neither here nor there. The problem is that it's this very secrecy that's breeding all these crackpot conspiracies of controlled demolitions, lasers from outer space, or whatever, to begin with. It's creating a vacuum and nature abhores a vaccuum, so it necessarily gets filled by something.

I dont' think these conspiracy stories are lies fed to us by the gov't. Some of these claims are just so whackadoodle off the charts lunatic (I.E. secret cults of Satan worshipping numerologists) that they had to have come from genuine whackadoodle off the charts lunatics.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Yawn.

Only a true crackpot would believe that 19 Saudi Arabians decided to take out a few floors of irrelevant office buildings with planes... and then claim they were actually from afghanistan and take responsibility for it so that a massive modern army would come invade there countries and bomb the living crap out of them for the rest of time.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
Only a true crackpot would believe that 19 Saudi Arabians decided to take out a few floors of irrelevant office buildings with planes... and then claim they were actually from afghanistan and take responsibility for it so that a massive modern army would come invade there countries and bomb the living crap out of them for the rest of time.

??? so who the heck ever said the hijackers were from Afghanistan?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Umm, apparently all of the media constantly implies it and for some reason the military decided to go attack that country, and still are.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have said it a million times, and I will say it again. Turthers do themselves a huge disservice by even putting forth a theory at all. It is not the job of the truther to explain what happened. It is not the job of the OS believer to explain what happened. The only job we have as people, is to finally realize that the Official Story is incomplete and there is a need for a completely independent investigation of the events that took place on 9/11.

It really is that simple. It does not matter what you believe happened, however both camps do have some common ground. That common ground is that most of us can agree that the investigation that took place is lacking and there are still more questions to be asked.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All i have to say is watch Nova "the spy factory" and see if there is not a conspiracy. Just too many holes in the Gov version, then who do we prosecute?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I normally just read in the 9/11 forum and try to learn but I wanted to say I really appreciate your thoughts. If people focused on the idea that we need to learn more, rather than the "whodunit" aspect, it might be something people can agree on.
The more extreme the theory people come up with, the more likely they are to be dismissed as "nuts". I think you are right that we don't have all the facts and that most people can admit that much. I could be wrong. I still am new-ish to researching 9/11 evidence myself. But it seems that more people see at least some discrepancies in the Official Story than not, even if they don't agree about the "whodunit" aspect.

@OP
I think your post is an interesting idea. If people believe the U.S. government could carry out such a conspiracy, why not consider that other governments could be spinning a web as well.

thanks,
~prep

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The one I like best is from Hawk's Cafe
www.hawkscafe.com...

1. I don't believe the US was behind it. We are SO much better at doing stuff like that.
2. I don't believe it was Al-Qaeda but for the opposite reason. Even if they had been trained by the CIA in the us, they would not have been that good.

It was all about the money.
The day before, the Pentagon says it cannot find a Trillion dollars. The next day the Pentagon gets hit where the Trillion dollars tracking computers are and it is the last piece of the Pentagon to be reinforced against an attack like that.
The stock market jumps.
The Twin Towers heavily insured and ordered to be manually deconstructed by 2007, The EPA saying no to explosives.
The missing money under the towers.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
and it is the last piece of the Pentagon to be reinforced against an attack like that.

wrong, it was the first actually

The missing money under the towers.

What missing money, yet another truther lie!

"In a joint statement Friday, NYBOT and ScotiaMocatta, the metals trading division of Canada's Bank of Nova Scotia, said the metals had been relocated and were again available to guaranty delivery of futures contracts exchange traded at the COMEX metals division of the NYMEX.

"All of the silver, gold, platinum, and palladium stored in its vaults at 4 World Trade Center have been successfully relocated by an Exchange-approved carrier to a newly Exchange-licensed Brink's Inc depository in Brooklyn," they said. "

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
??? so who the heck ever said the hijackers were from Afghanistan?

Don't bother...
They are so buried with internet POP culture misinformation they have no idea.

Never mind

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I agree with your assessment. I do believe something is being held secret but its nothing along the scope of some these wackier theories.

My only theory was that the wtc was vastly under engineered. My 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The way I look at this is that if some members of ATS are prepared to believe that the government carried out 9/11 or even that its was evil little green men then this theory is no more or less radical and its probably just as likely.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

The way I look at this is that if some members of ATS are prepared to believe that the government carried out 9/11 or even that its was evil little green men then this theory is no more or less radical and its probably just as likely.

You do realise that false-flag operations to garner public support for war have been happening for time immemorial? Throughout American history there have been a number of officially now confirmed false-flag operations, like the Gulf Of Tonkin and the USS Liberty just to name a few, and the stymied Operation Northwoods, it's a well-known fact that even Hitler carried out false-flag operations to garner public support for war. Whether the government actually orchestrated 9/11 or had prior-knowledge of the attacks and simply allowed it to happen, ala Pearl Harbour, it would still constitute a false-flag operation. Your refusal to entertain the possibility of government involvement (when there is clearly a myriad of evidence pointing towards it) shows a decidedly one-eyed skeptic approach. And comparing the idea of government involvement in 9/11 to aliens from outer space is, of course, absurd.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Hey Mr. Unknown,

I really like your theory. Like you said, it makes just as much sense as little green men, or as I would put it, that no plane was hit at all.

But what I think happened was much like Pearl Harbor. The government (military intelligence)knew it was going to happen sooner or later. They did not necessarily WANT it to happen, but knew that if it did, it would further their agenda and let's not be obtuse, we know every administration has a hidden agenda. Where the whole day comes together? Someone told the hijackers what day to do this on. They picked this day because they had inside intel that our military was going to be playing war games that day. Who that someone is, that is where the government is lieing to us. They know. And that person is more than likely dead. He/she/they were probably underlings who got some sort of payoff.
That is where the secrecy falls in this whole deal. Well that and I think the plane at Shanksville was shot down. Yet I have zero evidence for that, just a feeling ya know?

Why hide this info from us? Well they think we would be in anarchy if we knew someone on the inside fed that kind of info that would kill so many people. After all, that only happens in movies.

And hiding that they shot down the Shanksville plane, they don't want us thinking they would shoot down civilians.

Both reasons for lieing, while half way understandable, are still lies and wrong. But that's what I think is the "true" story.

I also think after another president or two the truth will come out. They have to create distance and time so the country will react less emotionally.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

So what if all conspiracy theories are just lies, being fed to us by an organisation that seeks to destroy America. They could be slowly feeding us these lies, passed off as truths to bring us round to the idea that the government was really behind 9/11.

I can imagine that much disinformation has been put out there. All of the extreme conspiracy theories simply act to discredit the real need for a full investigation, not just some whitewashed official enquiry.

There are clearly things that some people "at the top" don't want people to know about the events of that day. From the start the Bush administration impeded the investigation. A number of people involved in both reports complained about the lack of, shall we say, enthusiasm from the administration.

Interesting to note is how much was spent on investigating Clinton:

Cost of Clinton investigation(s)

And how much was spent on investigating 9-11:

Public Law 107-306 provided for the reprogramming of $3 million for the Commission. Congress subsequently appropriated, and the President signed into law, an additional $11 million appropriation for the Commission. Recent legislation authorized an additional $1 million, bringing the Commission’s total budget to $15 million.
The Commission is confident that it can fulfill its mandate with this amount. We appreciate very much the support of Congress and the President for this level of funding.

govinfo.library.unt.edu...

Also this from time : "9-11 Commission Funding Woes" www.time.com...

I am no doubt that they are hiding something. My personal belief would be along the lines of what has already been posted further up the thread. It was allowed to happen to ensure that the neo-cons could enact their already layed out plans for foreign policy. Oh and completely shred the constitution with the patriot act.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D
You do realise that false-flag operations to garner public support for war have been happening for time immemorial? Throughout American history there have been a number of officially now confirmed false-flag operations, like the Gulf Of Tonkin and the USS Liberty just to name a few,

All right, people keep posting this bit over and over and it doen't make any more sense now than it did the first time it was posted- Just *how* is the USS Liberty a conspiracy or false flag on anything? The Israelis were at war, they mistook a US ship for an enemy ship, they shot it up before they realized it was a US ship, and they admitted they goofed, apologized, and paid the US and the families of the sailors killed $$$ in restitution. So where the heck is there any false flag conspiracy here?

I said it before and I'll say it again- from their own posts these truthers have shown the bulk of the 9/11 conspiracy proponents subscribed to one or more OTHER conspiracies long before 9/11 (I.E. the moon landing was a hoax, the Jewish world order secretly controls the world, etc), so if they're wearing conspiracy colored glasses of course their abject paranoia is going to make them interpret the 9/11 attack as being some conspiracy as well. This "manufacturing a conspiracy out of nothing" bit with the USS Liberty is a sterling case in point.

I'm all for having more investigations, but you want others to take them seriously it'd damned well better be over something more realistic than people being afraid of some invisible boogeyman hiding under their bed.

new topics

top topics

join