It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lens flare - or so I thought. Need help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ok, so I was going through my tens of thousands of photos trying to locate a lens flare for Ufosbri's thread and was going to submit photo number one. However, as I looked at subsequent photos I became less convinced that lens flare accounts for this.

What I'm seeing in photo 1, 3, 4 and 5 is three "lights/light spots" in a triangular pattern. Photo number two is in sequence but to the right of the tree. I added it simply for continuity.

If you look to the left of the last tree - about the same distance above the contrail as the tree is below it you'll see what I thought was lens flare. In the last three photos you'll notice that this object/artifact is in all four photos but hard to explain. I need those familiar with working with these photos to help try to identify these three "light spots". Might not be anything of interest value but still worth asking for help.

No, I didn't see these spots when I was taking photos. I was focused on the shaded contrail and the contrast between the dark and light part of it.Picasa Album

Thanks.... SMS

Edit: be patient, I'm going to upload the photos here but it'll take me a bit. Thanks

[edit on 27/8/2010 by SeenMyShare]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
irregular shape, I don't see why these spots couldn't be anything more than just clouds actually.

if you zoom into the spots, you will see it is not a orb shape or anything, and has wispy sides...like a cloud.

cool trail btw.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sorry folks, you're stuck with the Picasa album. ATS photo uploader said that there was a fatal error in the upload and that I've exceeded the allowable limit.

SMS

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Can you create copies of these originals and circle the object in question. All I see are normal clouds & a contrail. Thats it.

[edit on August 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

SeenMyShare.....

I'm having a great deal of difficulty understanding where the "object" is.

At a guess.....

Is this what you mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5e25aa91fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Each of the insets is from a different photo. I'm open to this being mundane so don't think you'll hurt my feelings. I just really thought it odd that the points of light were the same in all of the photos.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yep, in all photos
so if its mundane and I'm "seeing things" just tell me

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Yep, in all photos
so if its mundane and I'm "seeing things" just tell me

SeenMyShare.....

OK.....thanks for clarifying that.

So.....

Are you saying this is "triangle craft" defined by the 3 "objects"?

Or.....are you saying this is 3 seperate "objects"?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5e25aa91fe9.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

MMN,
What I see is just three points of light. No object in between. There is roughly five to ten seconds between shots (it varies). The points of light don't seem to move in that time but it could be because all of those photos were taken in such quick succession. If there were more time between shots to make the cloud movement obvious then I could have seen if those points of light moved with or against the clouds. That would have narrowed down identification
. Sunlight was left (east) of the photos which are facing roughly south.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hi SaturnFX, it's a pretty regular shape but I agree its probably nothing more than sunlight playing on the clouds. Still worth a look though before I dismiss it. I just found it odd

I know, that contrail and the contrast thereof really caught my attention. I was lucky to see it and have a camera with me!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hi GreenEyedLeo,
I would have uploaded all the images here but I keep getting a fatal error during upload. Instead I put it in picasa and used the embed code here.
Don't worry if you can't see what I'm referring to, its probably nothing anyway. Especially if I'm the only one seeing those equidistant points of light

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

MMN, I didn't see the spot on the bottom you drew to. I only saw the spot above the top two in your drawing which form a near perfect triangle if you connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

MMN, I didn't see the spot on the bottom you drew to. I only saw the spot above the top two in your drawing which form a near perfect triangle if you connect the dots.

SeenMyShare.....

I think I can see an extremely faint dot in my new white circle.

Is that what you mean?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eddc8c01ccde.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Hi MMN.
Yes, but I honestly think this is just a matter of cloud puffs in a triangular formation and the photos were taken in too quick succession to allow for movement.
Thanks everyone for your help!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hi MMN.
Yes, but I honestly think this is just a matter of cloud puffs in a triangular formation and the photos were taken in too quick succession to allow for movement.
Thanks everyone for your help!

SeenMyShare.....

I think you're right

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join