It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Armageddon: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Double Dip is Here!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
Maybe he should have bought the "EASY" button from staples. I really don't think there was an easy fix for any of it. I also don't think who ever would have been elected besides Obama would be doing any better.

PS: I didn't vote for Obama.

but you voted for McCain ..... its WORST
imagine PALIN the vice president ...
the better between the 2 is Obama ...
so far Obama didnt do much difference
he is like Bush
McCain ... would have already attacked Iran by now
bomb bomb Iran walking in the street ..bomb bomb bom iran lalalal

USA would have 20 trillions in debts

both of them are not REAL PRESIDENT
that americans diserve

hope Ron Paul will go VS Obama in the next election
i think now everyone would vote for Ron Paul

Vote RON PAUL 4 Prez in 2012

i think i will go ask for a American citizen ship just to vote for the guy

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Where did I say I voted for McCain?????

I didn't vote for him either.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Still looking....nope can't find it! Please show me where I said I voted for McCain!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am of the opinion that the US needs this...we need to go flat broke...lose absolutely any and all ability to do anything, from a complete breakdown of governmental systems, to whatever else it takes.

At that point, the last straw will fall, and we will have to slash our military budget to a fraction..

I think you're right. Something so extreme and dramatic has to happen before the majority of people lose their appetite for military might and war.

Right now, not enough people get it. We are going broke fighting wars for no good reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

What people need to accept the fact that the USA will soon crash for good

We will get the depression we have earned by our frivolous spending and overindebtedness, but we will persevere and come out the other side.

Do you really think there will be a depression?
I wonder what will happen to all the people who have been out of work for a long time, exhausted their insurance, and are now considered unemployable.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry you and many others lost their jobs, but that's what happens when you relie on someone else to provide for you.

What? So 7 billion people are supposed to be self-employed working for themselves? How does that work out exactly? I'm trying to imagine that world.

How is working for a company relying on someone else to provide for you?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Minnesotans are filing personal bankruptcies this year at the fastest rate since the courts started tracking them in 1982. Through June 30, personal bankruptcies are up 10.5 percent from the year-ago period.

www.startribune.com...

just for example

here is a good website with bankruptcy stats
www.abiworld.org...

looks like things are just going up up up
or down down down,
depending on how you look at it...

What I find telling is the governments seem to be passing laws that either allow the bigs to rape a little better, or disadvantage the little guy a little more, just ahead of the curve of events...

Like the removal of the restraints on banking that lead to the derivative bubble, or the recent financial reform bill that puts the SEC beyond public
screwtiny...I mean come on, if that isn't a bell ringer, the TV is up way to loud...

the 6 bigs are hardwired into the stock trading system and can make things go up or down between the time joe average or anyone else initiates and completes a trade...WTF is that?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
@ lumine

I don't know what your supposed to do....that's for you to decide.

Yes you are looking to companies to provide for you. If there is no opening then you can't work which means no paycheck. So you need the company to hire you so you can make money.

That's what everyone is complaining about right " Where is all the jobs" So you do need the companies to provide for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Still looking....nope can't find it! Please show me where I said I voted for McCain!

ahh sorry lol ... i though when you say you didnt vote for Obama
it was for Johny

my mistake

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

you seems like a rich guy
with your big TV of 65.. i have a 40 so what ... never i will give this silly material details so i can show off my self
its been 15 year i have worked non-stop
my last job after 3 loyal years because they have loose some money they ahve fire 3000 people like me ...
i have try to get another job shortly after this .. didnt work
it was always a 150 application for 1 job
i have took a 6 sabatical months
paid by the insurance ... a little way to get my money back from all the massive tax ... i dont have any huge discount like you
i have work my way like everyone else
if i had money like you i would not buy like you thats for sure
i will save it for something more valuable
now next week i have some interview .. i have returned in a great mind force .. im ready to work again
but i will spend my money wisely ... you make me remember a friend who was very materialistic

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
@ Ben81

So because I have a big TV I'm materialistic? I only mentioned it because someone said something about a 50 inch TV. I wasn't trying to impress, because who really cares. I thought that person was trying to be a smartbutt about it, and I was just stating that I enjoy mine. I'm very frugal with my money. I wouldn't buy it so my wife did for an anniversary gift. Yes I do have money, but it took hard work to get there. Some people think it just happens overnight or someone shows up at your door with a check but that is not reality. I had a friend who had worked for a place for 33 yrs and then showed up one day with the doors locked. I can only imagine how that feels.

You said "if i had money like you i would not buy like you that's for sure, i will save it for something more valuable" How do you think I got to where I'm at? I saved, then invested. RINSE & REPEAT

I think people watch to many tv shows that make it look like everyone that has some money just spends like crazy. That's only on TV to make people want what they can't have. My friends and myself wouldn't make good TV because we are cheap.

I do spend my money on more valuable things. Ever heard of the Make a Wish Foundation? Worth every penny spent!

I wish you luck during your interview, and hope everything works out.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Apology accepted! LOL...McCain!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseed33
It will be total chaos people will kill for food and water. China will probaly attack us when were at our weakest. Things will be way beyond bad. I've had dreams and also feelings I cant explain of these things since I was about 20 or so, I'm 44 now. Hope I'm wrong on this.

Ive had a similar feeilng about something real bad that is going to happen since I was about 4. My mom would tell me stories about when I was young, I would ask her is it time to hide from the bad guys, or asking if/when the world was going to end. Not trying to gloom and doom, but Ive had dreams where the united states is bombed, and invaded, or dreams of chaos in the streets. All this while I was growing up, and for no reason. I remember putting my first survival kit together, like a grab, and go bag when I was about 10. That was back in 88, when things like this were not main stream to us now. Its always been that deep down gut feeling that a storm is coming. A real bad one....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Apology accepted! LOL...McCain!

lol indeed

im almost 30 i have my little car and my condo that i bought
i had worked my ass off step by step starting 15 yrs ago...
starting in a transformation meat compagny
and gradually making my place in my domain (technician)
my last job was in the game industry ...EA .. even them were massively affected ..
i have done all kind of job .. i have done big hrs... even deskjob and on the phone doing 50 calls a day .. bleh
imagine if i wasnt OVER taxed ..i would be rich
now im watching my money because its going down
so many things to pay ... i know i have a better situation than some peoples.. thats what i care the most ... others
i hate any materialistic value ... that is only GREED
thats why i simply cant critics about what i have ... while many others are loosing their home and have big famillies to feed...

maybe i was to harsh on you

the net sometime .. its hard to decode the real meaning in some peoples words... and you can read wrongly a comment ...
i jumped about the TV i agree lol .. i though you were being showoff
while others have nothing to feed and you speak about a 65 inch tv

peace bro

[edit on 8/28/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have to admit feeling that a double dip would only happen when the elite want it to.. UK TV news like Sky have been talking up the potential of a double dip, it seems most things *might* indicate a double dip is on it's way, and it seems to me the same emphasis on wording was used in the lead up to the 2008 crash.

Just as the same emphasis was placed on the wording of the type of recession we were in "credit crunch", which changed gradually to the point of the media calling it an outright depression.

Even the likes of the Financial Times uses wording that runs along the Lines of "the US Fed is working to avoid a double dip" the repetition of "double dip" across media indicates to me that there is a high chance the double will happen before the end of the year.

But then again I do work on the lines that a fabricated war will happen prior to any next crash..

[edit on 28/8/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am of the opinion that the US needs this...we need to go flat broke...lose absolutely any and all ability to do anything, from a complete breakdown of governmental systems, to whatever else it takes.

At that point, the last straw will fall, and we will have to slash our military budget to a fraction..after living a couple years with no troops abroad, no weapons being invested in, etc etc etc, and living in general peace, we can rebuild without the concept that we need a hyper inflated military budget...just a tiny token force of nerds and robots to protect the homeland and that is it...let the rest of the world sort out their own problems and stop trying to find enemies to test new tech on...pretty simple.

If thats what it takes for America to start walking in the right direction, then so be it unfortunately.

Its not just this that needs to change in the US, its the US dream that needs to change. The dream that they are incharge and the best at everything. They are only percieved to be the best and strongest because they hide behind money. Its the American people i feel sorry for, they have been led down the rocky path of "live completely outta your means, live the hollywood dream".

What needs to happen is all world economy crashes, there is a world war to sort out all the crap and get rid of all governemts, we then retreat to our own plot of land, farm, trade and live in harmony without ever ever ever leting a king, governor, mayor, president or prime minieter ever be elected again.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR...thats whats coming your/our way...
Can anybody else see the obvious???

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Things could be worse. Right now I'm happy to see the economy based on the numbers given by the US government is still growing. In fact I saw some bullish possibilities because the GDP was reduced due to all the imports. Consumers are buying lots of imports and that reduced GDP. I heard of a recent survey that suggested the Republicans could take control of part of congress back away from the Democrats. That might put a halt to all the big spending bills. Maybe if enough democrats are replaced, we can do away with the recent health care bill.

The other thing I'm keeping a mental note of, I do believe stocks were manipulated especially from March of 2009 to early this year. That matched up with the biggest stock market rally I've heard about in my life for the main stock indexes. If the democrats are involved, maybe they plan on manipulating things further before election time. They can make stocks go up using manipulation but without giving people jobs, I believe many will still lose their jobs. I'm in favor of many politicians losing their jobs.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Two solutions to the inevitable.

One-we go back to property rights. Everyone is allowed to keep their labor and is NOT forced to pay a tax for property they already own. A return to individuality and personal property rights. As we have been operating, where the government forces you to continually support others and the government through forced taxation of your personal property, you are not allowed to ever get ahead. You are forced to work forever for the benefit of the corporations, welfare systems and the government. Returning to actual property rights would solve the problems.

Two-they force socialization of everything. They take all property rights and force us to their evaluation of freedom. This will also work, see Stalin and Mao as examples.

Oh yes OP, you are absolutely right. The end is near for this system to fail. It was inevitable.

As for what you are talking about with the bailouts for the mortgages, I read tonight on this going on in Florida. They do not bother to let people know that if you are under water on your mortgages, it is better to sit on your house and pay nothing. Stay in it until you are booted. It usually takes about a year for them to process the eviction if you follow the regs.

To refinance a home you are underwater on, is idiocy to the nth degree.

Anyway, be safe people.

And hope for option number one, because if they bring option number two, that is when the war begins.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR, WAR...thats whats coming your/our way...
Can anybody else see the obvious???

Whoever controls money, controls the economies. A single country can only control its own economy, the way a dictatorship govt can control. A democracy would be controlled by the rich who manages the economy. Majority of the world's govts are supposedly run by democracies.

Thus who controls the money? No need hints or 3 guesses. Its the Corporations. The biggest fish calls the shots. There is no single big fish amongst the Corporations.

They are formed by mutual needs. They are the most pragmatic humans around, and understood that instead of fighting over competitions and competitiveness, they will profit more from co-operating and fixing.

Within such co-operations are the cabals, facists oligarchies formed, behind the scenes, manipulating every aspect of humanity in order to prolong their name, power and wealth for generations.

The double dip recession is their calling, a warning to humanity's leaders that they still called the shots. Best the leaders kneel and grovel, accept their mandates and dictates, or face the consequences of manipulated wars. Easy enough in this climate.

BUT 2 can play this game, as the Corporations are equally in the sh$t with everyone else.

Stop work, stop using money, grow and cultivate food, share with neighbours, get out of cities, stop serving in the military and police. We will suffer for a time, but the rich will suffer the most, as nothing is produced and nothing is served. They need us more than we need them.

Our suffering will be nothing compared to wars if the decimations of brothers killing brothers are sanctioned.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join