It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Armageddon: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Double Dip is Here!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What people need to accept the fact that the USA will soon crash for good

That is the part that will lose all but the most hardcore conspiracy theorists.

The USA will not "crash for good." It is the driving economy behind the whole world. We have military bases and citizens in every major country in the world. We have the most armed populace in the world. We have the worlds most well-equipped and well-trained military. We have allies all over the world.

We will get the depression we have earned by our frivolous spending and overindebtedness, but we will persevere and come out the other side.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

The USA will not "crash for good." It is the driving economy behind the whole world. We have military bases and citizens in every major country in the world. We have the most armed populace in the world. We have the worlds most well-equipped and well-trained military. We have allies all over the world.

We will get the depression we have earned by our frivolous spending and overindebtedness, but we will persevere and come out the other side.

ok let me rephrase ... my mistake ...i agree with you 100% ...

The economy will crash and our way of living will change
with new policies and better values
i didnt mean the USA itself will be gone forever .. i hope not
it will be remodeled in a better way at the end

so we need that crash to happen and ASAP

star to you

i have explained it much better in my signature thread
that the age of enlightment has started ... tell me if im wrong on that

i have big hopes in humanity and still have hope to a better futur
our deamed so diserved future ..
even if the economy of the USA crash soon
it will be the first step to this better futur

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here comes the double dip.....

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I feel sick.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

You keep pointing out the military spearheads of the USA and that's not too surprising, because that's all you are nowadays, a military and media oriented industrial complex. Creating the demand for the military industry you've built up globally by the Zionist run media and their anti-east propaganda.

All of it is just a play being played out for the general populace willing to swallow what they see daily on their 50" wide screen LCD while laughing silently from the inside as they are learning how Iran is "About to build the bomb" , because as of today their TV is bigger then their neighbours'.

The USA crashing is not just about the USA,

If the USA goes, the world goes.

Thank god it's needed.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry you and many others lost their jobs, but that's what happens when you relie on someone else to provide for you. It was a very tragic event that happened to the people of Haiti. I doubt all the money and resources that was donated actually got to the people in need.

I don't really watch the DOW sense I don't buy stocks. I don't call "speculating" investing, I never understood why they call buying stocks investing. I don't think so! Why don't you just go to Vegas gamble your money and see how much you come back with. That is all you are doing placing your money in the market.

Do I think the USA will crash, NOPE!

So it was mentioned in this thread that we need to be equal everywhere because poor people are getting poorer. So I should give my piece of the pie to someone else who did not eran it? I don't mind helping people that are truly unable to help themselves.

BUT I will not help people who are fully capable of making their life better and want hand outs. How about you get off your rear end and do something with your self. I find it hilarious that people think " oh you have money, you should give me some" don't think so buddy!

People always want to blame someone else for their problems. You need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for your own actions, if your broke...who's fault is that?

Yes I have made more money since the foreclosures have happened. I have been buying properties buy the hand fulls for huge discounts. The banks are losing money and that is why I'm able to buy these properties really cheap. I also buy defaulted mortgages from the banks before the home actually goes into foreclosure. Then I am able to speak to the homeowner to see what their situation is and to see if we can work something out. If not, I have them sign over the deed and I'm able to sell the property.

How are the banks stealing homes from people? You signed a PROMISSORY NOTE stating that you would pay the loan, the property was used as collateral for the loan. So, you don't pay...you forfeit the property. Simple as that, that's not stealing. That's you not keeping your end of the agreement!

The banks don't want the properties, they are not in the real estate business. They are in the lending business.

This is a sink or swim world....you better learn how to swim!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Pravda is crap, sorry. The fact that they reference Nostradamus in their article is proof that they are nothing more than a tabloid. They aren't even propaganda... just tabloid fodder.

Pravda might not be Sorcha Faal, but it's right up there.

I have to agree. Expecting any well researched, unbiased and believable comment from the majority of Russian sources at the moment, is a bit like asking a Welshman for fashion tips.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
its not a double dip... this is the logical continution of the recession begun in 2007-2008...

the No-Bama stimulus was sucked up with nary a improvement in the economies decline... the Trillions injected into the banks & brokerage/insurance firms only resulted in 100's of billions in 3 years to the elites in the finance industry... yay Wall Street, Frig Main Street is their rationale'

the Fed & Treas chose the exact wrong path... in keeping corrupt & felonious banksters solvent & liquid at the expense of the middle class & the broader economy...
(which should be treated & tried as Sedition against the people of the USA)

the Govt & Feds favorite few are surviving at the expense of 'Austerity Programs' designed for the backbone of the american economic system (small business) for the next 20+ years !!!!

many economists & trends researchers/ theorists are of the mind that the sure outcome for america will be an inflationary recession to begin with - then a massive hyper inflationary period... we will (we meaning the former middle classes) will be reduced to barter trade & underground transactions.... all the while the elites that caused the creation of derivatives & outsourcing & NAFTA are rolling in depreciated money but still having enough to buy depressed resources & assets for pennies and then hire security to guard their lives/properties/wealth...

the new overlords of the serfs in 21st century (fascist-corporate) AmeriKa

[edit on 27-8-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fears of America going back into recession was headline news on the BBC 10 o'clock news tonight, with the usual "when America sneezes, we all get a cold" talk. Was quite surprised to see it as the headline item though

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me. How amid all the bad news today, and the absense of any good news what so ever, why the markets have rallied so high? Dow closing at 165??? How is that possible since there was no good news at all? I realize that the dow is rigged and can't be trusted, but honestly..... how does that work?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Can anyone explain to me. How amid all the bad news today, and the absense of any good news what so ever, why the markets have rallied so high? Dow closing at 165??? How is that possible since there was no good news at all? I realize that the dow is rigged and can't be trusted, but honestly..... how does that work?

Big Fund managers bargain shopping after the previous few days of drop off. Now on Monday there will be a very flat day while the big fund managers reap there profits by selling as the amateurs get back in seeing that the market recovered. Then after the flat day, the amateurs will start to worry, more bad news will be released the amateurs will bail out at a loss, then the big fund managers will buy in again at bargain prices. Rinse. Repeat.

They say that when dealing with the Stock Market, the public is always wrong. If all the amateurs are selling, you should hold out a little and then buy. If all the amateurs are buying, you should ride it to the top and then sell.

The market is the ideal place for the rich to profit from the poor! The only thing worse is the lottery.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
At that point, the last straw will fall, and we will have to slash our military budget to a fraction..after living a couple years with no troops abroad, no weapons being invested in, etc etc etc, and living in general peace, we can rebuild without the concept that we need a hyper inflated military budget...just a tiny token force of nerds and robots to protect the homeland and that is it...let the rest of the world sort out their own problems and stop trying to find enemies to test new tech on...pretty simple.

Riiiiggghhhtt.

Do you honestly think that we'd be "living in general peace?"

What if the Chinese suddenly got that urge to feed the wild hair that lives up their behinds and invade Taiwan? And after that, move onto Japan? Guess that's OK, huh?

"Trying to find enemies to test new tech on". We won't have that to worry about that; other countries will be testing their new tech out on us.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You are correct, we are going to be in for a wild ride very soon. Those like yourself who have lost their jobs without finding another knew long ago. Many others are still going day to day with the blinders on thinking everything's OK.

Best of wishes in your job situation. Let's all hang on for the ride. We may get to the point in the near future where few of us have jobs,... that's when we will really need to learn to depend on each other and work together!

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i was looking CNN all the children dying in Pakistan
they showed the nasty flood water on the street that people drink because they have nothing at all ...

its a complete disaster
i would give anything to help them ..
even if i could give everthing i own
i would be able to help 3-4 peoples thats it...
and it wont be enought for me ... because people over there will still die.. by hundred each day...

this disaster is wrong at so many level .. they are already poor in Pakistan
shame on the big corporation and all the government rich peoples
this could have been prevented by
creating/investing some high dunes or wall to prevent water of flooding
prepare some millions of water gallons if there is a emergency ...
so people will have a chance to LIVE....
no NOTHING WAS DONE and they are still doing nothing
thousand have died already its innaceptable .. 15 millions people are now homeless without any food or water
while the richs again are getting richer
the USA could have been the savior in all situation... by spending their money more wisely with no selfish interest...
USA was one of the much wealthy country in the world ... my proudly neighboor.....
because of the big corporations and previous/present government ... the country will fall in debts ...unable now to save even itself ...
because of illegals wars and really bad decisions (those stretegic high official decisions) it will be THEIR fault ...
Americans will soon enter a revolutions .. when they realise they have been screwed up really badly...
peoples will notice its because of the big heads that we cant help other countries in the need
its because of the big heads millions of american are loosing their home and are currently living on food stamp...
its because of the big heads that illegal trillions dollars war that killed many...

the USA was a great country before ... now SHAME ON THE GOVERNMENT BAD DECISIONS THAT WILL DOOM THE ENTIRE US REGIME
which is controlled by zionist .. the congress is 3/4 controlled by them
they sucked the cash reserve dry from the country for hiden ME interest
600 millions american paying tax every day .. and the usa have 14 trillions ... WTF im just pissed .. to many bad decisions and NO ONE COULD HAVE DONE S*** ABOUT IT

its the people who control the elected government not the governement that control the people ...
i now beleive in zombies .. since we are all zombies literaly

A COMPLETE REGIME CHANGE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION
remove all the congress and senator (except Ron Paul) and put REAL americans that will put USA first second and third in the top priority list
not the last in their list ...

let vote NO MORE ... and lets march all together silently with food and water only marching peacefully like at the end of V with nathalie portman and the masked avenger
no army will shoot people walking peacefull to the white house
until the president YES WE CAN show to the gate and talk more seriously to ITS people who elected him

REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER

it will be our first real independance day
Canada included
.. but Harper is a puppet of the USA
USA is a puppet of Israel .. bleh world is upside down again
and people are suffering and dying because of that

now its the economy ... its is turn to die ...
its our only chance ... the economy have to die so people can understand and change internal and foreign wrong policies

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I do not believe that DOW is going up because there is a conspiracy to hide the reality. I would say the inflation has started , simply things are getting more expensive , especially where we have a limited market of tangible assets and an increased volume of fiat money. I could be wrong but this is my take on DOW not collapsing.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
I do not believe that DOW is going up because there is a conspiracy to hide the reality. I would say the inflation has started , simply things are getting more expensive , especially where we have a limited market of tangible assets and an increased volume of fiat money. I could be wrong but this is my take on DOW not collapsing.

i agree .. the dow is being manipulated
to hide the reality .. if the dow wasnt being manipulated
the economy would already have crashed
why is it manipulated ?
so the rich can have more time to get richer ....

the 1000 dow pts drop and the fast recovery in minutes of 800 pts
is the proof of that manipulation

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't believe all the gloom and doom for one second over a double dip recession. I lived and worked through the last one in the early 80's, thank you Jimmy Carter.

The gloom and doom will come from the crushing debt payments on national debt.

Forget the no military crap. This will be the one part of the Federal government that remains fully functional. This will be to keep the States and citizens in a "peaceful" mood while we are taxed to death. If troops are pulled from overseas, it won't be because the world has found peace. It will be because big brother needs to keep everything in place at home.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me why anyone would put their money in the market? I just can not wrap my mind around it. If you want to gamble, go to Vegas. Speculating is not investing!

PS: I greatly enjoy my 65 inch LED HD TV, when I get a chance to watch it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The share of young people aged 16 to 24 who were employed this summer fell to 48.9 percent -- the lowest rate on record since 1948.

Knowledge of the recession and bad job market may have kept young people from even looking for work. Also, many in that age group could have been enrolled in summer classes and not seeking employment.

For whatever reason, the proportion of the 16-24 age group that was working or looking for work also dropped this summer to its lowest percentage on record -- 60.6 percent. That was 2.5 percentage points below the rate recorded in Juy 2009 and 17 percentage points below the peak of labor force participation for that age group in July 1989.

About 4.4 million youth were actively searching for work and considered unemployed in July this year. That produced a youth unemployment rate of 19.1 percent, the highest rate on record for the month.

Bad statistics for summer employment for youth

More and more are in the streets after loosing their home
because there is almost no jobs ... who could have beleive the USA...
the most powerfull economy in the world .... (BEFORE 9/11)
now people are depending on food stamps ...
they cant even afford to have a steak or to have fun like going to cinema .. they have whole famillies to feed ... but have no money...

Obama ... once i though about him to be the SAVIOR for the USA
a big difference from Bush ... that americans diserves
A GREAT PRESIDENT THINKING AMERICANS FIRST ...
he have only a more appealing smile and wise words like a preacher or something .. but thats it
NO WISE ACTIONS ... YET
YES WE CAN ... guantanamo is still open ... and they are still in Irak
LIES LIES LIES ... and we are still accepting them like a cute puppy dog accepting a few hugs after being kick/abuse by his master ....
same thing

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maybe he should have bought the "EASY" button from staples. I really don't think there was an easy fix for any of it. I also don't think who ever would have been elected besides Obama would be doing any better.

PS: I didn't vote for Obama.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by topdog30
Maybe he should have bought the "EASY" button from staples. I really don't think there was an easy fix for any of it. I also don't think who ever would have been elected besides Obama would be doing any better.

PS: I didn't vote for Obama.

The only thing anyone could have done better, would have been to do nothing at all. We could have taken our lumps, gone into a deep depression and we would currently be in the recovery phase. Just about any politician feels the need to do something, and everything they would do would only prolong the inevitable and indebt us for generations to come. Now we are in this extended stall pattern and we can't get on with the depression, and we can't start the recovery.

He made rookie mistakes, and any 1st term president probably would have done the same, but they would have done it with less fanfare and conviction, LOL! Obama really sold this stuff as the solution. That was his mistake. Overhype, underdeliver!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join