It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds Found on Modoto Island off Louisiana coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

*Extreme warning to any of my friends here who are very sensitive to this situation, just know that there are things we can do and help is on the way. I have Cried so hard my sides ache, so dont watch the video if you are vulnerable right now.*

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39231c0b7b25.jpg[/atsimg]

On the morning of August 25th, I chartered a boat to a little island south of Lake Felicity off the Louisiana coast to check out the reports of thousands of dead birds I had been hearing about from other birders. I also wanted to confirm my suspicions from finding dead birds on the roadside and dead fish in the bayou in Pointe-aux-Chenes recently.

I walked not two feet and there they were...strewn around like popcorn all over the place...laughing gulls. I guess I kinda of expressed my sentiments loudly cause Mr. Verdin was at my side in no time flat to see what I saw. He was also in complete awe. We walked the island together, mostly in silence, lost in our own thoughts and fears and sadness.

Then I spotted her...a mother gull with an egg fully intact. She was under a mangrove brush where she made her nest to raise her young. But it was never to be...she died before the egg even had a chance to hatch. It was hard to take these photographs and think professionally to "make" them look good. Death, this way at least, is not pretty. I wondered how she had died. Was it from the Corexit? Was it from eating toxic fish? Was it drinking toxins in the water? Did she suffer? Was it painful?

This is IT!!! My hands were shaking so badly as I wrote this report, my mouth in an angry bow, what on Gods green earth is it going to take before this terrorism comes to an end?

When will the good people of the world stand up united against this horrible and sickening tragedy against man and nature?

I say man and nature because it is only a short time before we all begin to feel and experience the full repercussions of this devastating act of terror upon the Gulf Coast.

This calls to mind the famous quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see The Hollow Men (disambiguation).
The Hollow Men (1925) is a major poem by T. S. Eliot, the Nobel-Prize-winning modernist poet. Its themes are, like many of Eliot's poems, overlapping and fragmentary, but it is recognised to be concerned most with post-War Europe under the Treaty of Versailles

"This is how the world will end, not with a bang but a whimper"

Now I may not have in my emotional state have that quote exact, excuse me please if so...

But you get the gist of what I am trying to convey here.

Not by a bang but a whimper... Profound. Hollow men indeed! Vehicles of the demons from hell, the lower astrals of earths quiet invasion!

en.wikipedia.org...

Another 20 feet north, another 10-20 gulls, maybe more. Then I headed East and found some more mothers, sitting in their nest with an egg in each nest. One egg had what looked to be rust spots on it. Maybe it was oil splattered? Or toxins eating into the shell? Independent scientific studies will need to be conducted. I was told samples were taken from the flesh of some of the gulls. After seeing these two nest with eggs, I headed for the boat. Every step in the deep marsh grass was carefully placed as not to step even on an empty nest, or a weak or dead bird.

Then I spotted three juvenile brown pelicans about two months old as they had grown in some brown feathers. I could just see the tops of their heads, all eyes starring at me. :-) They were flapping in the middle of the island trying to head south, but were not flying. I watched them for a while and as I approached, they started to move away except for one. She didn't move...so I got a little closer to see if I could tell what if anything was wrong. I got about 10 feet away. Her wings didn't appear to be broken. No broken legs or feet either. I could see her feathers were sort of unfeathered if that makes sense. Like they were fluffed up and out of place, but not oiled at all. She still had a little downy feathers so I'm hoping it is that she is just not mature enough to fly yet.

Lord help us as we are to STUPID to help ourselves!

ireport.cnn.com...
www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Cousteau, other experts “stunned” by island “littered” with “many dead birds” — It’s “clear” birds poisoned by BP disaster (VIDEO)

On Thursday, August 19, 2010 LEAN/LMRKwent on a sampling trip into Terrebonne Bay… accompanied by Alexandra Cousteau, granddaughter of Jacques Cousteau…

What we encountered [Modoto Island] stunned us all. The ground was littered with… [s]o many dead birds that we aren’t sure how many were out there, many dozens of dead birds just in the small area which we surveyed on the island… [in] various states of decay, from scattered bones to a tern that couldn’t have been dead for more than a day and everything in between, that this is an ongoing situation.

We also saw a juvenile gull that was in distress. It could hardly walk and was very unsteady… By the time we finished our sampling and were ready to leave the island the bird had died. …

It is clear to me that these birds are somehow being poisoned by the BP event.

leanweb.org...

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by antar]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

What was suppose to be a day of sediment sampling in the Gulf turned out to be something much more greusome

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Remember how in the 'Lower astrals thread I made mention of how "They" hate water? And how they are and have been taking positions of power from the community level up to the very top 3 lettered agencies?

THIS is the effects of what I was trying to discuss, the thread as with most of the vital info I have come here to share and try and figure out for myself was derailed and laughed at.

We need light more so now than ever. I fear the worst for all soon.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Your topic sent a chill up my spine,

I am going to read through it again, but I think you know what I will say.

I am starting to believe it is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thank you SD, I am getting really worried here that eminent doom is headed our way and as long as people remain vigilant we stand a chance, but if this continues to be swept under the oilpit we are going to loose not only the Gulf but our entire planet as "they" soar off into the outer space of our solar system to destroy and pollute other planets.

This information needs to go Cyber Viral! All the vested interests are spending every ounce of money and effort to keep it on a conspiracy level and with what we are learning everyday it is NOT just going to go away.

This is Dangerous and deceitful, where the hell is BP? Why are they not singing from the roof tops and creating solutions along side some of the top scientists? Instead they are hiding behind the industrial Nations who really dont give a flying fig about the Gulf and surrounding Nations.

They dont realize that Allah wont protect them either when this effects every living being on the planet if allowed to continue.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Remember how in the 'Lower astrals thread I made mention of how "They" hate water? And how they are and have been taking positions of power from the community level up to the very top 3 lettered agencies?

THIS is the effects of what I was trying to discuss, the thread as with most of the vital info I have come here to share and try and figure out for myself was derailed and laughed at.

We need light more so now than ever. I fear the worst for all soon.

I don't remember that topic, antar, but, the prince of the power of the air comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

fowls swoop down on Abraham's sacrifices, and he has to drive them away (see Deuteronomy 28:26). The end-time Babylon becomes "a habitation of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird" (Revelation 18:2).

In the parable, Jesus predicts the birds of the air would lodge in the branches. These "birds," demons led by "the prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2), have continually tried to infiltrate the church. Upon the unsuspecting early church, Satan moved quickly to implant his agents in it to teach false doctrine while appearing to be true Christians. Just as God permitted Satan to tempt Job intensely (Job 1:12; 2:6) and to sift Peter as wheat (Luke 22:31), He has allowed antichrists to lodge within His church (I Corinthians 11:18-19).

Read more: www.bibletools.org...

I see what you are saying but also to note is how the true evil on the planet also tried to mimic scripture to suit their needs. These birds on the GUlf Coast are not seperate in Gods law from the very same that seek to abandon them in their deepest hour of need.

If anything 'they' are the birds written about int he scriptures.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This is Dangerous and deceitful, where the hell is BP?

Everything is fine, eat some shrimp then go swimming, follow the leader,

Gulf oil spill: Most of the oil remains
August 19, 2010 | 4:52 pm

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration released a controversial “oil spill budget” Aug. 2 estimating that a large part of the oil released into the Gulf of Mexico by the Deepwater Horizon spill was gone. But in a hearing on Capitol Hill, a NOAA official conceded that three-fourths of the pollutants from the 4.1 million barrels spewed into the gulf are still lingering in the environment.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

I don't hear much any more.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
But how can this be??? Most of the Gulf has been reopened for fishing, so all you folks run right down there and get a big plate of tasty Gulf seafood! Try not to get too close to the water so the view of dead wildlife spoils your appetite.

Officials Reopen Portion of Commercial Fishing Waters

Also, remember that Obama is on record as saying he was going to make the Gulf Coast better than it was before the spill. I wonder when that starts?
Obama: Gulf Will Return to Normal, Better Than Before

They sank a lot of the oil with a dispersant to get it out of view, but they can't get rid of the dead and dying on the shores. The newly sick and dying show the problem is far from over. How stupid do they think people are?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The better than before comment REALLY really creeps me out at this stage of the game. I mean really? According to what species of evolutionary evil? If what he thinks as better is the total death of an entire ocean and all living organisims within a hundred miles is better, well then ok!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thank you for showiing your empathy.
Since there are some biblical quotes in the thread, I add this one, which came to mind seeing that young bird in its death throes. "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."
If these birds are symbolic of the proverbial canary in a coal mine, look out humanity.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimplyGord

Oh Right On!

What more can I say than you are so right, as above so below and these creatures have only us to protect them, God gave them life and Man destroys them where they live and breath.

Its astronomical the saddness I feel over this, anger yes, empathy you bet. It has been months since this first happened and still life is slowly and I mean slowly dying and all they did was to prolong the pain and suffering. maybe while they were spraying corexit they should have just killed all life at the same time, this is just unforgiveable to torture wildlife in this slow and silent way.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar: Is it a blessing or a curse to be so connected?
There but by the grace of God go I. There with the grace of God go I.
The world would be a much different place if your level of feeling ruled.
As above, so below.
Thank you

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup

Also, remember that Obama is on record as saying he was going to make the Gulf Coast better than it was before the spill. I wonder when that starts?
Obama: Gulf Will Return to Normal, Better Than Before

I'm sure it will happen overnight, while it keeps both the fishing and oil industries in tact, while keeping the Gulf Clean and tidy, and making EVERYBODY happy in the process, from the environmentalists who want and end to all drilling, to the locals who depend on the oil industry to feed their families.

Also, free bunnies for all!

-----

Also, with all the hand-wringing and social networking on this forum lately, its less like a news site and more like facespace/mybook!

[edit on 27-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by Lookingup

Also, with all the hand-wringing and social networking on this forum lately, its less like a news site and more like facespace/mybook!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9af976f8bd43.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6549628a4b58.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39231c0b7b25.jpg[/atsimg]
She died one hour later...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fd5a36a6d6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Dolphins drown in oil as they breathe the gunk in as they swim. As you can see the oil is mercilessly floating and killing dolphins. Photo by Alex Brandon / AP

National Wildlife Federation senior scientist Dr. Doug Inkley explains, these numbers tell only part of the story: "The deaths of dolphins and sea turtles are particularly tragic, because we know we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg with those that have been washed up onshore and tested."

Read more: www.sfgate.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bbf039d2866.jpg[/atsimg]

This one lived in a pod, bore children, loved, laughed, ate, made love...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66febaf0acea.jpg[/atsimg]

Old and wise, this om was...

I wont say to you what I would, not because I will be again admonished by the Mods, but because for you to follow me through my threads always taking and showing NO empathy for nature , people and animals, instead I leave you with this from my heart of hearts...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

i have never 'sided' with BP.

I merely ask questions that seem to upset you.

edited to add: but if you insist upon claiming that over and over, the least you could do is provide evidence of me doing such.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hope and pray just as I do each day since the Gulf disaster struck, that you watched and listened to those beautiful videos that were removed above.

They are VERY relevant to the Gulf Disaster, they represent the people who love and live for the ocean and all it stands for and the flow of this thread is about the discoveries found in the marshes, the precious life slowly dying and suffering because of greed and evil.

The songs themselves were extremely powerful and from a place of lumination on all subjects relevent today in what we as a whole face, not just the Gulf but for all.

The Gulf is a point of no return, it is a time of letting go because what has already been lost is over, the pain, the suffering, it's over, at least for the little Mama in the Op, for the animals of the deep and the shores pictured above, and a reminder of the suffering to come and that is present if you just open up and feel.

It is not about words in cyber space, or agreeing or not. This is about us making it or becoming extinct, all of us.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Antar. Early in this thread you mentioned 'as above, so below'. It might be that the reason you feel so deeply for the plight of the Gulf is because of the great joy it has given you. One only hurts to the extent one loves.
Perhaps those who do not catch what you put out here never walked those beaches and marshes. Never watched the gulls circle or seen the pelicans dive. Maybe they have never been in a boat floating over crystal clear water and had the dollies come play around.
One cannot lose what one never had.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join