It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.28.10 - Celebrate the Dream, Reject the Nightmare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Instead of spewing hate, try to gather some people in a positive way, like Beck or MLK.

In what reality do you live in that Glenn Beck is trying to gather people in a POSITIVE way?

Im really curious...can i buy tickets to go there? Because i'd like to see the world as fluffy clouds and unicorn princesses as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No you can't buy tickets, it's free bring your significant other/ kids and enjoy the outing.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

You said:

That phone is supposedly for the White House to call him to dispute any of his claims. Delusions of grandeur, anyone?

Like Glenn always says "Do the Research"

We do. And the research usually shows that he's either a lying fraud or delusional.

But, he's just an entertainer, so whatever.

It is SO obvious that you do not listen to Glenn but choose to demean him anyways.
That makes you ignorant (look it up before you turn on the flames)
or worse... a plant...

and yeah.... whatever.....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some of you people amaze me. Do you honestly think Beck is doing anything not for himself.

He's a radio DJ which created a persona that dumb people think is real. He found a niche that is easily exploited. He sell mugs, t- shirts, books. He doesn't believe what he says he just wants to make money. He is a television character no different then Homer Simpson.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

He has publicly stated that in no way should he be compared to MLK, and that is why he isn't going to stand where MLK stood, instead he is going to stand below where he stood. But if he is truly trying to do something good then why all the hate? Not directed at you, and why would MLK 's niece be supporting him if he was in anyway hijacking MLK and what he did? Oh maybe she's in on it too, perhaps she really isn't a relative and it's all a hoax. Beck is an American citizen and he has every right to hold this rally on MLK anniversary speech date as would any American citizen, like has been stated before the dream lives within us all, black, white, red, yellow.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Well at least he's fooled the masses maybe for the better. What have you done for the good of our country? Enlighten me oh wise one? I know I myself haven't done much except try to support people who have the $$ and social status to actually make a change for the better, mainly due to not being in a financial situation to contribute to the different charities that really need support. But at least I can offer my little bit of help until someone proves without a shadow of a doubt that people like Beck are not making a positive contribution to society weather it be for self gratification or monetary gain. Lets not be fools here $$ makes the world go round it's a fact of life, it's when someone takes the $$ and provides nothing beneficial in return is when the problem starts.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

He has publicly stated that in no way should he be compared to MLK, and that is why he isn't going to stand where MLK stood, instead he is going to stand below where he stood. But if he is truly trying to do something good then why all the hate? Not directed at you, and why would MLK 's niece be supporting him if he was in anyway hijacking MLK and what he did? Oh maybe she's in on it too, perhaps she really isn't a relative and it's all a hoax. Beck is an American citizen and he has every right to hold this rally on MLK anniversary speech date as would any American citizen, like has been stated before the dream lives within us all, black, white, red, yellow.

He has the right to hold it on MLK anniversary, but should he?
Seems like a rather sad tactic to me.
Also LOL at him standing two steps below MLK, that'll make the difference!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

But its fake, he's not genuine, he's a charlatan. All of these TV pundits are no different then shock jocks. They just invented winning characters to appeal to the extremes of society in relation to politics.

If you really think these people care about this country or its citizens you are delusional. They have all made fortunes pretending they are like you and me, but they are the elites playing a huge game on America.

I would bet the majority of these pundits are friends, no matter the side their character leans to. They probably hang out in the same social circles and even plan "attacks" on each other. They have to keep the ratings up for the sponsors and get their fan base two become enraged and hate the other side.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by drock905]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Go Martin Luther King! Go Glenn Beck!

Diversity for everyone! I will be there! Yahoo!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

MLK's niece, Dr. Alveda King, will be in attendance. She must have drank the Kool-aid. It seems the only one being dragged into this event is the OP . Don't stand for that, just walk away, nothing to see there. What's he got on you?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Because i'd like to see the world as fluffy clouds and unicorn princesses as well.

That's another rally. I think there's a special day at Disney for that.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The only time I watch Glenn Beck is when he cries. I need a good laugh once in awhile.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Well then I guess we should just give up all hope for our country then. Who would be the "right" person then. Who would be the non charlatan? It seems to me that whenever someone stands up and tries to make a difference they get accused of not being genuine. I have been watching his show with an open mind for a couple of years and so far he's been right more than wrong. I am not on a mission to convince anyone what they should and should not think, which ever way you feel is up to you, but I don't see him as a charlatan. I guess I drank the wrong flavored cool aid? But I'm content with my flavor.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've seen more hate flung at Glenn Beck than I've ever heard Glenn Beck fling at others. So Glenn Beck wants to celebrate MLK, you got a problem with that? You are all lost, mental midgets, you can't see or understand Glenn Beck because you will never actually look at him or really listen to him, your eyes are glazed over with your own single minded view. Your hearts are dark with despair and your minds are clouded. Who is really the intolerant in this country? Liberals...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Alveda King's Blog
Alveda King's Facebook

Alveda needs your help!
Friends, I need your help this morning! Call in to Local radio stations across America, especially those popular with young listners and gospel stations. Call the African American Radio talk show hosts. Email them too! Blog about this please! They are are saying that I am against Rev. Al Sharpton’s March. I’m not. I am simply speaking at another Rally. Glenn Beck invited me to his Rally. Rev. Sharpton did not invite me to his March. Glenn booked the Lincoln Memorial for his Rally long before Rev. Sharpton even announced his March. If the Lincoln Memorial was so important for Rev. Sharpton, why didn’t he book it before Glenn did? I didn’t say that my Uncle, Dr. King would not go to Rev. Sharpton’s March. What I said is that Martin Luther King, Jr. would like to see unity tomorrow, and that even when we disagree with someone, we must have faith, hope and love for a better tomorrow. I am speaking at the Glenn Beck Rally about faith, hope, love and honor. The NAACP and some other African Americans are saying that Alveda King is hijacking the dream of Martin Luther King, Jr. I am saying that as Dr. King’s blood relative, I have a dream, it’s in my genes. How can I hijack myself?

Alveda is a women of respect, honor, and unity. God bless her and her family! Sharpton and Jackson are being rude.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I've seen more hate flung at Glenn Beck than I've ever heard Glenn Beck fling at others.

Hmm, I think you have a point, alot of people in this thread seem to really dislike Beck...

So Glenn Beck wants to celebrate MLK, you got a problem with that? You are all lost, mental midgets, you can't see or understand Glenn Beck because you will never actually look at him or really listen to him

Uhhh, hate flinging, eh? I guess you like to fight fire with fire?

Your eyes are glazed over with your own single minded view. Your hearts are dark with despair and your minds are clouded. Who is really the intolerant in this country? Liberals...

If flinging hate at glenn beck haters isn't enough, you have to label them all liberals and say their hearts are "dark with despair"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
First off let me state that I have NO PROBLEM with what Glenn Beck is doing Saturday since it's his RIGHT to do so.

HOWEVER...

I can't say that I truthfully feel he cares that much about "America" or helping to make this country a better place. How in the world does slandering the current POTUS, making up half-truths and often enough, complete lies to FEAR-MONGER his viewers actually make this country a better place? As some of the above posters have stated, he's just using divide and conquer to bring in more MONEY for himself.

It's the people like Glenn Beck (who cash in on your emotions) that are ruining this country one day at a time. I'm only 20 years old, but even now I think to myself, what kind of state will this country be in, in 30 years?

And after thinking that, I consider: "Who out there RIGHT NOW is doing something to make it better for me and my generation?"

AND I CAN SURE AS HELL TELL YOU IT'S NOT GLENN BECK or ANYONE on FOX NEWS (HARDCORE FEAR-MONGERS).

FAUX (Fox) News represents a majority of the "BAD" in my eyes:

-borderline racist most of the time (Ex: Mosque story, Sherrod, ect , a lot more)

-Constant HYPE and FEAR mongering to gain ratings

-Half-truths, or better yet, FULL BLOWN LIES (followed by covering it up to not make themselves look bad. EX: The "unnamed" man who supports the Imam who holds a lot of stock in Fox's parent company)

-Plus! They try to speak to me like I'm a simpleton or an idiot...

Sadly, a young adult can see how the conservative movement is being "duped" , "poked" , and "goaded" into foaming at the mouth so that this President will fail, yet some of the older generations are being led around like dogs on leashes.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO YOU! WHEN THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA FAILS, the COUNTRY AS A WHOLE FAILS, atleast during his term(s) of office.

This is not a "Red vs. Blue" issue, it's an American one, and were all in this together....So shape up, GROW UP, and keep a vigilant eye out for the idiots who will bait you with their "intelligent-sounding rhetoric" while slipping two fingers in your back pocket to fish out your wallet.

[edit on 8/27/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I like Beck myself, everything always seems to be devided right, wrong, good, bad blah! blah!

Millions love Beck........ millions dislike Beck.......... who is right who is wrong. Does it matter, I don't think so.

I like Beck myself

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan
LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO YOU! WHEN THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA FAILS, the COUNTRY AS A WHOLE FAILS, atleast during his term(s) of office.

Since Obama is not the 'President of America', I guess we don't have a serious problem to worry about.

Obama is the 'President of the United States' only. America is the continent in which we live on. Nothing more.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Sorry, the current POTUS just as the last POTUS has/had the power to change things for the better for all the citizens of this country. They elected to go a different route, so it is their fault. If they want to be puppets and led by people who pull their strings then in my mind we don't need them in office. The moment the nation fails is too late, I never had a fancy college education, never held public office, but I do have common sense & age. and with that comes experience. It doesn't take a Harvard education to realize that the current path we are on is not working, I just wish someone would man up and admit they failed and their logic was wrong and listen to the public for once. But I know it will not happen, because these are not men of courage, or honor, they have no values they sold their soul a long time ago. I will be the first one to stand behind the current president if he could actually admit he was wrong and is working with the people of this country including the ones that do not agree with his line of thinking, but I know it will never happen. Our entire government could care less about any one individual that is fact and until that changes we will be forever chasing our tails and fighting within each other. Trust me I'd rather be having an argument about how bad someone looks in a pink and purple polka dot suit, because that would mean we over came all other problems and we could get back to worrying over the little things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join