It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi guys, oh yeah... and bye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hi, hope you're all ok. Please, if you're easily bored then click on. I haven't introduced myself but before I go I think I'd like to say a few things. I'm sure most of you won't want to listen so please... click on...

I've had a crazy time here on ATS, as I look back on everything I see it's all been a sinewave of ups and downs. It probably started in about 2003, I knew I liked the idea of conspiracies but didn't know how to start researching. My usual approach would have been to Google such phrases as "government secrets" or "backstage world secrets", obvioulsy I failed to educate myself this way, until one day ATS popped up on the search listings.

I lurked for a while, I read a whole load and I almost lost my mind. Dealing with the new information was a shock to the system, deciphering the wheat from the chaff was an even harder task, something I'm still struggling with today. I inevitabley believed everything and took nothing with a pinch of salt; seven years on my beliefs have waved up and down and you guys have taught me how to take EVERYTHING with a handful of salt and to use my own intuition which has been finely tuned by this community for a long time.

My relationships with people went up and down. I hated the skeptics, then, as I learned more and more I came to value their input, I began to realise we wouldn't have arrived at any truths without their vast knowledge, input and ability to be devil's advocate. I also grew to understand why they sometimes seem a bit off, they're fighting an uphill struggle on here, often against a landslide of torrential abuse. So skeptics, thanks for the education.

I've seen people come and go, join and get banned, build up huge reputations only to be discovered to be fake... all this happens at some velocity too

Then this thread fell out of my fingers: www.abovetopsecret.com...
It was a crazy time, I had to get out of the chair, leave the sofa and the smoke and find myself. Only I couldn't stay away for long, and to be honest the bitterness kind of didn't stay away either. So I didn't find myself but I found an amazing lady and together we are about to embark on an adventure, thousands of miles across the world to South East Asia, armed with some backpacks and some books.

So I thought I'd say 'hi' because I haven't done that yet.

I also thought I'd say 'I'm sorry for the abuse I've given some of you' but really, I don't think I am, I think it's all part of the game we all take too seriously.

I thought I'd say 'thanks'. Seriously, I would pay big money for the knowledge you guys have given me.

And I'm also going to say 'bye'... for now, for a year or so... but I'll be back.

Thanks ATS

[edit on 27-8-2010 by and14263]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Safe Travels!

I look forward to your safe return and tales of your exploits abroad.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
As meathead said

safe travels my friend

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
I also thought I'd say 'I'm almost sorry for the abuse I've given some of you' but really, I don't think I am, I think it's all part of the game we all take too seriously.

None of your abuse has been anywhere near as annoying as your avatar.

Enjoy your adventures.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I've appreciated your input greatly, not always agreed with it, but more often than not it's been close.

Enjoy your year and if I've not been murdered by the CIA tracking me down via facebook then I'll look forwards to your next contribution.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wait..!

You just Foe'd me and now you are leaving; so now I won't get the chance to convince you that I'm not so bad..?

I'm so depressed now...good luck and take care.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Wait..!

You just Foe'd me and now you are leaving; so now I won't get the chance to convince you that I'm not so bad..?

I'm so depressed now...good luck and take care.

A parting gift
You are no longer a foe!

Thanks for the positive comments!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Sweeeeeeet...........

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
how old are you ??

ATS is simply the best place for General information
will you now watch all the news on TV ?
or on other internet sites ?? but no more ATS ???

you have to take all the new info you read with a grain of salt
you need to stay focus on your life and all the international news in the same time...
you need to remain skeptik on EVERYTHING but with a open mind

please before you go
read the thread in my signature that i have made 2 weeks ago
ATS can display sometime.. bad news or bad predictions lol
but not all the time ...thats why you need to read this thread Here

we hope to see you again soon on ATS not in a years

but i will respect your choice .. be safe

i dont think we have spoken before
but i saw you .. hope we can speak in other thread

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good for you really!
This place is a nice distraction but yes ultimately that is all it is.
Sometimes there are nice or informative threads and sometimes it looks like the Jerry Springer script.
Safe travels.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You're still here?! Get outa here already!

Seriously,I wish you well and hope you and the lady friend are blessed in many ways.

Bon voyage'!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

like Pavlov's dog we are conditioned to follow certain avenues of information that my be fruitfull.

there is truth, although sometimes hidden, in the words we choose to share here on ATS with fellow members.

i too stepped away from ATS throughout most of 2008. The break may be benificial for you, but your posts will be missed. It would be selfish of us to try to get you to stay. But, ATS does try to get us to stay knowlingly or not, passively or actively, or somewhere inbetween.

it is an ancient form of sorcery, imo.

Like Pavlov's dog, we are conditioned spanning back generations.
Not salivating with the sounds of bells ringing that we associate with food.
But, rather utilizing neuro linguistical programmiing, we notice subliminally and subconsciously the associations with words at a deeper level of the mind which do manipulate and control our actions and behaviors, and influence our opinions.

literacy is far more than just left to right, and everyday words do reflect the more than dual meanings that exist within the ATS mandatory English dialogue.

examples of how we subconsciously recognize and acknowledge truisms encoded into our language:

boots [mirror] stood
*yes, boots have been known to have stood.

trophy [reversed & spelled phonetically] effort
*yes, a trophy is nothing more than physical proof of an effort.

sower [reversed & spelled phonetically] rewash
*yes, i rewash the same parts as i did last time i took a shower

feed [mirror] beef
*yes, i have been known to feed on beef

eden [reversed & spelled phonetically] nude
*yes, they were reportedly nude in the garden of eden.

Like Pavlov's dog, we are conditioned via neuro linguistic programming witch influences our actions and behaviors.....

STAY [reversed & spellled phonetically] ATS
*yes, we have been known to stay on ATS as much as we can.

enjoy your sabbatical, looking forward to your return,
E.T.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

And14263.....

See you later mate!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link