It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to the Black Hebrew Israelites beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hi all! well there was a user on ATS nicknamed Wise Man. Who believed that the original Hebrews were Black and that Natives and Hispanics were also apart of the original Hebrews. Of course it was controversial and other users didn't like how he expressed beliefs. Here I am going to step by step explain the picture better so others can see where he was coming from. As an Atheist I hope this isn't weird but I do my homework and I love it!

en.wikipedia.org...

Black Hebrew Israelites (also Black Hebrews, African Hebrew Israelites, and Hebrew Israelites) are groups of people mostly of Black African ancestry situated mainly in the United States who believe they are descendants of the ancient Israelites. Black Hebrews adhere in varying degrees to the religious beliefs and practices of mainstream Judaism. They are generally not accepted as Jews by the greater Jewish community, and many Black Hebrews consider themselves — and not mainstream Jews — to be the only authentic descendants of the ancient Israelites. Many choose to self-identify as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than as Jews.

This starts us off with various groups who differ in their beliefs but share a common factor that Blacks are the original Hebrews. There are numerous groups who beliefs differ. Some present Blacks as the only true Jews out there, While others believe Native Americans and Hispanics as well Irish and Italians who are the descended from the Moors are Israel. www.saintsunit.org...

There have been cases with Black Supremacy in various Black Hebrew Israelites moments. Several groups proceed Whites, Muslims, Africans and Jews as evil and that Whites are descended from Esau. They do present strong cases from the Bible that many Biblical characters have Black features.
www.hebrewisraelites.org...

I found what I could find on the internet; with the some stuff I can't post as it is very vulgar. Tell me what you think of this and ask questions away.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
And what about the belief that pre-1500ish Europeans were black and that it has been a 'white' conspiracy to eradicate this from history.
I think it was suggested that even such historic notables like Henry VIII were black.

There seems to be quite a broad spectrum of beliefs within the 'Black Hebrew Israelites'.

There may well be an element of truth in the claims to be descended from The Lost Tribes Of Israel and as most of us are aware there are several Black Jewish communities in Ethiopia and Sudan.

[edit on 27/8/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well I'm working on that. Wise Man presented that Jesus was Black and that Cesare Borgia appearance was used to present his appearance as how Jesus should look. Which he presents as false images of Jesus.
This site goes into more detail in the subject with Jesus.
www.icgjcmd.org...

I already sent a question to a user on myspace to shed light on why they believe Europeans to be Black.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
One of the 12 tribes of Israel migrated south to northern Africa/Ethiopia. There is also a lost tribe in Afghanistan, they are Muslims, but still do certain Jewish traditions. (Circumcise on the 8th day et cetra.)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I really feel bad for blacks. theyve had so much taken from them and theyve been so cruelly dehumanized, and so now, they have to hash up theories to repair their broken self image. I dont blame them. They have alot of history, in west africa, Egypt, Libya, Ethiopia. But they were not the anicent israelites.

First, todays Jews, both Ashkenazi and Sephardim have the same genetic code, so theyre related. And, among the cohanim, theres genetic evidence that a common ancestor exists about 105 generations back, or, to around the time of aaron the high priest

Read it here

www.newsweek.com...

Also, the written Jewish tradition goes back to the early centruy 100 AD. Before that their tradition was transmitted orally. Midrash, mishna, Talmud, Kabbalah is deep and so profound, any black who thinks that clearly isnt doing his homework. They have absolutely nada to back them up.

Of coure, if a black wanted to convert to Judaism, like any other human being, hes welcome. I know of many black Jews; some who are even chassidic. But its not right to just barge in an make radical assertions, based on nothing, and even worse, a complete ignorance of the prodfundity of the Jewish mystical tradition, Hebrew language etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I had a pretty heated and drawn out debate with Wise Man about a week ago regarding his beliefs. And to be honest it wasn't what he said that got under my skin... it was how he said it.

I'm all for entertaining the views of others. In fact even when the evidence suggests they are wrong, I will still try and be accepting that others choose to ignore that evidence. After all, who am I to tell other people what they should or should not believe?

But debate requires a two way respect in this regard and Wise Man didn't seem too keen to show respect to anyone who questioned his beliefs.

I'd honestly enjoy discussing these ideas with somebody who can do so in a respectful and dignified manner. Maybe this thread will attract such a person.

top topics

join