It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Mod's input influence threads?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Exactly.

Edit: Damn BB code.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As several of my fellow mods have already said, we're people, too. Complete with strong feelings on any number of subjects, and quite often we disagree with each other to the point of getting a bit, shall we say, huffy... I disagree with my fellow mods just as often as I disagree with many of you...and agree just as often, too.

We are subject to the exact same rules, the Terms and Conditions, as any one else, we violate 'em, we're gone, too.

I have never set out to derail a thread by utilizing my "status" as a mod. Though we are, quite often, accused of that very thing. For one, it would be unethical. Two, I couldn't get away with it, because there are watchers who watch the watchers, and not one of 'em will hesitate a heartbeat, nor will I, to point that out to the malefactor in very harsh terms.

If I've influenced a thread, it's because of my opinion, I hope, and not because of some perceived "authority" that can be removed just as quickly as it was granted.

Having said that, we are human, and we do goof upon occasion. That's why we ask that you lot don't hesitate either to point out what you see as mistakes on our part. You are just as much a part of ATS success as any staff member, more so in point of fact since you so greatly outnumber us.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
*watches seagull*

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
*watches seagull*

watches Gazrok watching seagull.

me thinks this thread has been influenced.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Can Mod's input influence threads?

Absolutely. That's the whole point of 'mod-ing' and that's the whole point of members in general posting.

When a mod gets on and says 'no more name calling' .. 'stick to the topic' ... 'here's a warning' ... it definately influences the thread.

When a mod gets on and posts his or her opinion or some facts, they influence the thread just like any other member.

So yes .. definately.

reply to post by intrepid

Aha! Someone give intrepid a one line warning!

[edit on 8/31/2010 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join