It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there really going to be a draft next year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Is there really going to be a draft in the U.S. Military next year? I keep reading reports like this one... so I don't know!
I sure hope not; I've got two brothers that are in that 18-26 age range if it actually happens...

If anyone has any information, please post! I'd love for this to just be an urban legend...

"Legislation is quietly making its way through the US Congress that will re-establish the military draft to include women. Twin bills S 89 and HR 163 will set up a mandatory military draft to begin as early as June of next year. $28 million has already been added to the 2004 Selective Service System budget to prepare for a military draft. The pentagon has also quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board positions nationwide.

Congressional twin bills S. 89 and HR 163 together is called the Universal National Service Act of 2003. The Act is "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons ages 18 through 26 in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." The active bills are currently sitting in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft this time will be more difficult than during the Vietnam War. College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have only until the end of the academic year.

It looks like George Bush is looking to expand the war against Islam after the elections. A military strike against Syria, Iran or Jordan is possible. We are receiving reports of extraordinary large naval ship movement out of the US naval base in San Diego..."

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
simply think about it....in this political climate?....the draft is the last thing that would happen....its silly and i don't mean to be abrupt, but the draft died with your uncle in Vietnam and it ain't coming back....if we had real reasons for this war ( and I mean Iraq and the not the larger conflict against terror) then maybe....but even Rumsfeld the closet SM Nazi himself said that the draft ain't coming back...i can share your fears but no dice and thank God!

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Zoso]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Actually there is a geopolitical analyst who predicted back in 1997 that Iraq would be invaded again under false pretexts. He also said back then that a draft would be implemented in 2005 to provide soldiers for future wars.

He was called Jay Hanson. Link
About halfway down the page you should find it.

I personally think that there will be a draft because more and more soldiers are going to be needed for the US's future oil wars. I'm just glad I live in the UK.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
but how would people react to that....we Americans, for the most part aren't just sheep...a draft would bring every fundamental issue that's wrong and or shady about this war to the forefront even more than it is on the hot plate right now...id rather slit my wrists like a good soldier of Satan than be exposed to suicide bombers and crazy government-created and tested-on-us syndromes in Iraq...and I know deep in the guts of my fellow citizens that they feel the same way...

it ain't 1965...no matter how I wish it was for other reasons...this regime is soon to fall and to think we have to make a sacrifice of this variety for the warped concept that is democracy these days is silly...just silly

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
To that place they call armageddon for the last war that the world will ever know. its not about war or money or oil or sadams secret ufo stash! its a soul harvest dude! theres a coupl of movies you might be able to find at blockbuster or hollywood video or what ever ones in your neighbor hood. uhh the movies are called Omega Code the first one is called meggedo or somthing like that i dont know their both sorta cool Movie number 1 and 2 you might wana check em out. trust that who ever runs off with a m16 or what ever, eager to kill, will probaly surley wind up on the wrong side of the harvest fence. you can do some reasearch if you want. check book of Revelations KJV . also theres a book about the codes by this dude Micheal Drosdin i think thats his name its called The bible code. then if you like into occultic stuff. This dude named Albert Pike layed it out for his pyramid god worshiping duds and thats all on the back of the dollar bill you know novus order seclurmun or somthing like that. i wouldnt wory to much about the draft. no one can force you to run off to war. thats an illusion. me sugjestion would be catch up on some scriptures. givin this day and age the time is probaly near. of course ther will be those whopo will be more than happy to grab a gun and go on a hay day. thats what the soul harvest is all about! making the choice. you might wana do some research. lol

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
When you are called up and they say to you 'take one step forward' ... its your choice to do so or not ... If you take that step, you are 'volunteering'. Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) knew about this and refused to take that step - they could NOT force him to accept the draft.

To explain ...

The Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution, ratified in 1865, says; "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

The key phrase here is "involuntary servitude" and it's servitude that is expected of every member of the Armed Forces ...

Having been forced to register for the draft at age eighteen, and once having passed the physical examination and classification, an inductee may receive notice to report for duty at such and such facility. At that time, he or she will be asked to take an oath. This oath is as follows:

"I (name) do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America and will defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic, and will obey the orders of the President and the officers appointed over me, so help me God."

Notice that this oath does not make a distinction between commissioned and non-commissioned "officers."

This oath is usually preceded by a firm request to step forward. To take one step beyond a line or simply one step forward depending on how many inductees are being sworn in and the size of the room or field. This "step forward" is crucial for one reason and one reason only � it supposedly makes the oath and induction voluntary in accordance with the Thirteenth Amendment above. "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude ... shall exist within the United States ..." Anyone who steps forward as well as anyone who signs up with an Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, or Army Reserve recruiter is a volunteer.

If you do not step forward to take the oath, even though you may follow other directions and repeat the words, you have not "volunteered" and will be asked to remain behind while the volunteers, those who took the step forward, go off to take up their new military lives.

More info here : www.uncle-scam.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Im not endorsing the bible code. as a matter afact i studied it for a wile and what i found out was that its basicaly an itroductory course for a science called Gematria in addition to that gamatria invites you right in to study Kaballa or whatever they call it now i was serious about this stuff so i spent some time on it not kaballa but gematria and after short conclusion it was easy to see that it was futile. its my belife(uhoh here com opinions) that God dosnt hide all kinds of mysteryies in secret rocket science type of mathematical equations. birds are birds bees are bees and world war three is world war three. theres a scripture in the Bible that talks about the work Jesus Vhrist did on the cross it says somthing to the effect that he made it simple. so i guess that means you dont have to be a rocket scientist or super mathmetician to go to Heaven just keep it Simple you might wana consider getting saved in Christ then open your eyes to the obvious. like obviously not runnig off to kill people for any agenda from gang bangers to mafia to well you get the point. start to look inside your self and listen to your inner voice. if your constantly hereing Obviously bad sugjestions from your concious you might want to try inviting a new one (considering the times) they call it the Holy Ghost because you cant see it standing there but you can here it in your head saying things like "dont lie" when your about to and stuff like well youlll know when you have it. i suspect that some of you may already have and might not even know it because if not you would probaly be like "war oh yea i cant wait" or somthing like that. sombody asked in a post"how could the cover up christ in the Bible" the real question is, how could they cover up Christ in you? ps heres some links Bible code www.csicop.org... www.imdb.com... www.imdb.com... i dont know if these are the same ones but keep in mind this stuff is all sorta hoaky and made by people with an agenda your best bet is to read the book of Mathew through John KJV its much more well sciptural wact out for viperous churches theres alot of witchcraft in the church during these times . its a sorta global recrutment going on of souls any way like i said to start with "Its Soul Harvest Being Prepaird"

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
In order not to offend any ones religous beliefs and to clerifie what i mean by futile ill be specific. Gemetria is comprised of a technique where as each hebrew letter up to a certain number of them have assigned to the as well numbers for example the letter a would be #1 B would be #2 Cwould be #3 etc so as you get deeper in to it if you realy want to be good you hafto learn the hebrew letters and that means learning how to read and write hebrew..... then.... when you thought you were ready all the sudden you have to learn what the words mean cause even if you can read and write it dont do no good if you dont know what the word that the code pulled up on your computer is saying. if your looking for the words "my cat will get hit by a car" wells now alls the suden you find out that the same word for cat means shoes or somthing like that . so long story short you have to learn the hebrew language and be come quite the schollar i might ad because many words have varying meanings. k then now you ready right? wrong now you have to learn ho tow translate and transliterate meaning what you would say in american like lets go out o dinner means somthing differnt in hebrew. k so now your finaly a schollar ahhh! buuzzzzz wrong answer! biblical hebrew is almost if not way different than modern hebrew quick example (you say the mouse on my desk, today, i think computer so saya it 15 year ago i think rodent no try say it 2000 years ago!! i hope ive clerified my self (in my opinion Gematria is welll like i said i dont think its gona lead anywhere at least not for anyone less than the most advanced schollar and even in that case you can just about get the bible code to say almost anything you want to)

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Sad US man.I'm sorry to hear that your brothers maybe join the military forces who will be drafted into Iraq.I think I'm very lucky that I'm a Chinese,Bush brought you into this war and terror attack.I'm happy that we haven't this.All we want is to enjoy everyday we have,we mustn't worry about our brothers ererytime.US is a nation of war in my mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I had a vision years ago while visiting my hometown in Virginia of men lined up around the block waiting to sign up at the local "Join The Army" office. It gave me the willies (this was in '95/'96) as I knew there was a big war coming and felt the draft would be reinstated.

Ever since the Iraq war began last year, I've been waiting for the 'news' and was quite alarmed to hear all the 'talk' on TV in recent weeks about it. I guess that's why they pulled so many troops out of S. Korea to help in Iraq. Low on replacement troops.

It's an awful thought, but if more so-called-allies don't chip in to beef up the troop levels and more stuff happens.... like here at home, even ... then we'll surely have a draft.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
S 89 and HR 163 are nothing to be concerned about. This has already been discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you can't be bothered to read that thread, at least read congressman Pete Stark's endorsment of HR 163.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Besides and including the one that Enki has so kindly provided, this topic has been discussed in detail. Please feel free to add your comments to any of these:
Draft reinstated, 2005
the draft is getting closer
Draft June 2005 - Write your Congresspeoples.

Thread closed

seekerof

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

join