It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Mixed Martial Arts! 'Human Savagery'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

peace

This was my favorite part.

But I figure these men are not animals forced to fight, they all know what they are getting into.
If it pays the bills and makes them happy then git to it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Stupid doctors, you would think they like the buisness!

Man are people ever going to stop thinking they know whats right?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLaPPiE

What the canooks need to stop is hockey fights. Talk about un sportsmen like.
When a fight breaks out on the rink, those players should be banned for life, but it's ok for them to act like little babies. Hockey seems like a pretty good game till they go all retard on each other...I can't watch people acting like that. The fighting has nothing to do with the game, whereas MMA fights are very to the point.

I bust out laughing when I read this part.
You're so right.
I've seen more blood on the ice than in the cage, and, as you stated it's so NOT part of the 'game'!
Good post!

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The cuts have never been a problem, cut above your eye and the fight is stopped. UFC Rules:

Weight classes:
Lightweight - over 145 lbs. to 155 lbs.
Welterweight - over 155 lbs. to 170 lbs.
Middleweight - over 170 lbs. to 185 lbs.
Light Heavyweight - over 185 lbs. to 205 lbs.
Heavyweight - over 205 lbs. to 265 lbs.

Bout duration:
All non-championship bouts shall be three rounds.
All championship bouts shall be five rounds.
Rounds will be five minutes in duration.
A one-minute rest period will occur between each round.

Fouls:
1. Butting with the head.
2. Eye gouging of any kind.
3. Biting.
4. Hair pulling.
5. Fish hooking.
6. Groin attacks of any kind.
7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8. Small joint manipulation.
9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13. Grabbing the clavicle.
14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21. Spitting at an opponent.
22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30. Interference by the corner.
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.

Ways To Win:
1. Submission by:
Physical tap out.
Verbal tap out.
2. Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
3. Decision via the scorecards, including:
Unanimous decision.
Split decision.
Majority decision.
Draw, including:
Unanimous draw.
Majority draw.
Split draw.
4. Technical decision.
5. Technical draw.
6. Disqualification.
7. Forfeit.
8. No contest.

Referee may Restart the round:
If the fighters reach a stalemate and do not work to improve position or finish.

Source

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
These doctors are idiots...mma is about as dangerous as any other sport out there....But if you go in a cage without knowing what you are doing, then yes its dangerous and you can end up dead.......But all in all its a sport, and has been around for longer then boxing or wrestling.... In fact in ancient Greece it was the main attraction at the Olympic games, they called it Pankration back then, and the histories say even Hercules was a pankration fighter, in his time.
en.wikipedia.org...

They tried to ban it in the USA some years ago because it was a threat to some senators pocket books, especially senator McCain who was by way of his wife making millions from boxing, and Fortune 500 companies who represented boxing, McCain represented Budweiser the beer company...Since the ufc back then didn't subscribe to there tune the fortune 500 companies, so they saw it as threat to boxing were there money was coming from, which was going to be replaced by mma if it spreed...

But ya mma is nothing new, or as bad as they tried to make it out...Boxing is more corrupt and more of a show then mma and a lot more people die from it...and you sustain a lot more damage because they don't let you fight in the clinch or on the ground...and even Mike Tyson in his hay day ended up in the clinch more often then not.....I forgot who said it some dude who fought in the earlier ufc..."I'f you cant fight on the ground, then you can't fight" and anybody who has been in any fight on the street or even sparring will tell you...."its true." Almost all fights end up in the clinch and eventually on the ground, especially if you don't know how to fight in the clinch or the ground...

plus some fight make for some good highlights and vids.. like this one done by some fan.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Have you people ever seen Ultraviolent Wrestling like CZW or IWA-MS?

Just looked up CZW on YouTube... That is some craaaazy stuff. Looks "set up" like regular wrestling, but the cuts and gaping wounds sure are real! I'm surprised this is legal. Hopefully it will stay that way, after all if these guys want to do this kind of thing, they should have the freedom to do so. It also provides entertainment for those who like it. So what's wrong with it?

The above also goes for the op, if they want to do it to each other, they should have the freedom to do so. Civility be damned.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry to somewhat be the opposition, but this is happening in Ontario; OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan, aka the tax dollars) is expected to cover the injuries created by the sport. I do think its pretty silly that they want to ban it completely though, they should just be forced to pay for it themselves because it is self-inflicted. As for the sport itself... why you would want to watch two neanderthals swat at each other and, panting, dry hump each other for endless minutes on national television (UFC) in a pair of spandex hot-pants is beyond me, but anything to get the fatties moving is a good thing in my books I guess.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Brood

I object to being called a neanderthal considering i'm a very intelligent, repectful, polite person, who works hard at what I do.
i've been fighting pro Muay Thai for 4 years and in that time have received a cut above the eye and a broken bone in my foot. This pales to the amount of cuts, bruises and injuries I received while skateboarding as a teen.
As for the cost to tax payers, how much money is being spent to patch up fighters pales in comparisson to the amount spent on keeping people who (out of choice) can't be bothered to exercise, eat right and look after themselves alive. If everybody participated in the level of training I put myself through, things like heart disease would drop DRAMATICALLY, saving the tax payer a lot of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join