It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Cosmos is Right on time after all.
Wow, Yahoo writes the truth for a 'change' though not the 'entire' story.

Impressive.

This should put 'everything' in perspective.
Know what I mean?
Come together folks.
'Teamwork'.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

Homosexuality, starvation, deceases, wars are all natural events to keep the balance on earth.

How is homosexuality a natural event to "keep the balance on earth?"

War is not a "natural event."

Starvation isn't a "natural event" because we have the ability to stop it.

And many would argue that some diseases aren't derived from "nature," but have been man made.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There are two 'experts' that are quoted in this thread's main article. However, one 'expert' is actually quoting the other expert:

"Dr Richard Fisher, director of NASA's Heliophysics division, told Reneke the super storm would hit like "a bolt of lightning", causing catastrophic consequences for the world's health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken."

Reneke is quoting the NASA expert. They actually just had a meeting about the consequences of a worst-case event (and guess what, Dr. Fisher was there, but oops, no Reneke). By the way, if anyone can find anything out about this meeting, cause it was supposedly held back in June, that would be great:

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

However, Dave Reneke has an interesting history. He is the guy that used astronomy to go back and be able to tell the world that Jesus was born on June 17, 2 BC:

"Australian astronomer Dave Reneke used complex computer software to chart the exact positions of all celestial bodies and map the night sky as it would have appeared over the Holy Land more than 2,000 years ago."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And according to Dave Reneke's own web site, www.davidreneke.com... , he is one of Australia's most well known and respected astronomers. He also sells telescopes, tours, and astronomy starter packs (by the way, the Junior Astronomer Starter Pack is a $60 value, but through his web page right now, it is only $29.95 + postage).

I'll take two starter packs, one astro tour, and some 100 million Solar bombs please!!! Do I get the free DVD with my purchase?????

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

If you want to believe in Solar-Geddon, go for it. But don't believe in it just because a guy, quotes another guy, in order to help the first guy's sales quota!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All I can say to this is: Hype.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As much as most dont want to accecpt the level of this issue. Understandably it seems hard to digest the possibility of life being disrupted and technology plunged back 100 years. [Fact] Governments of the world are spending millions of dollars quietly on equipment monitoring the suns activities by the minute. The threat exisists like it or not !! Its science not voo doo ! Prepare !!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Now wait a minute...

Just HOW can they predict that? As far as I know, there's no science or tech around that allows us to measure the approx time and especially intensity of a solar storm, 2 years before it happens.

Stop being so damned sensible and logical. You'll be saying the Iluminati didn't kill Elvis to stop him revealing the location of Atlantis next

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

How is homosexuality a natural event to "keep the balance on earth?"

War is not a "natural event."

Starvation isn't a "natural event" because we have the ability to stop it.

And many would argue that some diseases aren't derived from "nature," but have been man made.

Well, to be fair, homosexuality, starvation and disease have been around since the beginnning of time (more or less) and war has been around for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hahaha nasa, these people are no different from tabloids. they're full of it and dying for attention. i'm willing to take all bets that this turns out to be something nobody notice. any takers?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just visited the DRAO in Penticton, B.C. Canada. I asked the head astronomer on duty there what the predictions were for the next solar cycle, (they are part of the solar observation network as they have a radio telescope pointed at the sun every day). That astronomer told me they anticipate a less than active solar cycle and judging by the graph that was shown to me, I would believe him. I'm new here and am having a hard time uploading the image. I'll post a link instead.
www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by Haydn_17
To all the 2010 skeptics, your telling me this is just mere coincedence?

Im 100% sure the Mayans predicted this, they were very accurate with solar predictions, eclipses etc.

Although i don't think this will wipe out humanity, i do believe the grids will be fried and we will be living in the stone age for about 2 years.

The whole 2012 the end theory is mass hysteria.

Wake up, people stop living in fear!!!

you know what, tomorrow the earth could be hit by a 10km asteroid and we all get wiped out... you could get knocked down by a car, you could be told by your doc that you only have 6 months to live....

Those that live in the past or the future miss the now.

Live life and enjoy it. However long it is, it's very short.

Stop worrying and start living!!!

korg.

One thing for sure, I'd be pissed if I died before the mass extinction!!! LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why would the sun throw 100m bombs at us?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You would think that from the written ancient records that there is some validity to an event or events happening.
The flood myths, the 3 days of darkness myth, the 3 days of light myth, the extinction events etc, were recorded on mediums that lasted quite a long time, stones and tablets and stelas that really stand the test of time.
You would think this was done with some level of importance, to educate the future peoples to events that happened or possibly events that cycle through from time to time.
I dont subscribe to the hyper panic frozen in fear mode but I do hold this to have a major interest.
I just wont toss out recorded events from the past as silly unfounded writings,
they took time to create and compile, time that would have probably otherwise been spent on food and survival.
It would be like people in the future finding our recorded information left for them about our time and them saying, "aw theyre full of it, that didnt happen", or it's symbolic or just creative writing.
The comparative and cummulative writings from around the globe have a shared theme and shared events and to ignore them or mock them just doesnt seem to be as intelligent as we claim we are as a developed peoples.
Something(s) happened, some pretty devastating things happened.
It's in the geologic record, there's evidence around the globe right in plain site in the earth, and there's the written record.
Yet the emotive response to maintaining a position of perfect right or perfect wrong seems to get more attention and co-operation in the form of debate battle than a co-operative shared study and open findings.
Would it be wasting time to become and maintain a state of preparedness, or is the answer to skip along with pollyanna and panic should the time arise?
I guess polyanna could prepare just as well and in the end, still been allowed to enjoy the short limited time here on earth, waiting for it to all end.
It does end for all of us sooner or later.
What are you doing with your dash?
(born? - died?)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I agree but that's very unlikely to happen because the radiation from the solar storm moves much differently then an actual bomb. It will pass through everything (other then what the magnetosphere blocks) and reduce the insides to however an extreme amount of radiation would. It wouldn't actually 'push' anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

This mention in the bible, In the Day of Gods anger. I will drown them
like Rats
Have to laugh cause one under ground place they have a large
battle ship. I seen it on youtube.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i see that you must have forgotten what happen in New Orleans 5yrs ago
how the people took to vandalism and looting all the stores, and then in the dome how the gangs and the thugs started to try and take over.
now multiply that on a national scale, the gov doesn't have enough resources
to take care of how many cities with millions of people in them let alone all of the smaller cities and town, plus all the people who live in a rural setting.
if it hits and takes down the grid, you can bet it gonna be a free for all.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The bible mentions that the earth will stagger like a drunk. We can
assume this will be 100% accurate in the future. Earth flip, close to a
black hole, close to another solar system. Be assured it will happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I can tell already this is going to scare a lot of people. Now we have scientist fearmongering. Maybe they should have kept this to theirselves as even they can be wrong.

Oh, that's not true! It's science and scientists are always right. Science speaks the only Truth out there. I mean, I'd take the word of an educated scientist over over the bible and God any day!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by DJW001

i see that you must have forgotten what happen in New Orleans 5yrs ago
how the people took to vandalism and looting all the stores, and then in the dome how the gangs and the thugs started to try and take over.
now multiply that on a national scale, the gov doesn't have enough resources
to take care of how many cities with millions of people in them let alone all of the smaller cities and town, plus all the people who live in a rural setting.
if it hits and takes down the grid, you can bet it gonna be a free for all.

I am armed and I will shoot until I am out of bullets. My wife also knows how to shoot and she will shoot as well.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
hahaha nasa, these people are no different from tabloids. they're full of it and dying for attention. i'm willing to take all bets that this turns out to be something nobody notice. any takers?

Actually, NASA only posted the news on their site, and someone from Space.com, MSNBC.com, Yahoo.com, and ATS.com just repeated the post. NASA had nothing to do with hyping up this phenomenon. It was everyone else.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Guys, I am sorry if I sound like a complete skeptic, and I am also new to the site so that doesnt help my credibility as a poster but I really honestly think this solar flare 2012 prophey is false. I think yes we will have a surge in stronger type solar flares and have more than we have had in 100 years, but I dont feel it is going to be this devastating blow to the United States that knocks out our infrastructure, etc and brings us back to the stoneage.

I just believe we are predicting more solar flares for the end 2012 and 2013. It really is that simple. We may lose a couple of satellites and see some nice sky shows in Alaska, but I dont think this will be what causes the worlds demise. Also, this is just my opinion taken with a grain of salt, I have no facts to back up my opinion, that is why it is my opinion.

Ciao.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by vincenz32]

[edit on 27-8-2010 by vincenz32]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join