It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

]naeem11111[/url]
Winter Solstice Sun of December 21st, 2012

What the real prophecies say is different to the claims made by new agers sorry to say.

According to the Hopi the appearance of the Red star Katchina would be around 7 years after the appearance of the blue star Katchina, and the blue star Katchina was according to them comet Holmes.

BTW, to those not familiar with this and who will claim there is a difference between a star and a comet the Hopi prophecy states it would APPEAR as a blue star and shed it's mask as it is done in their dances, which is what comet Holmes did in Oct 2007 when it became the biggest object in the Solar System. It became larger than the Sun, and became half a million times brighter than it was before the event.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Why would a yellowish comet be considered a blue star?

I spent several minutes focusing and refocusing, unable to believe this “minor” comet could be so big and bright, and convinced I was lookin’ at a defocused Mirfak. In the binoculars, Holmes looked like a perfectly round, slightly yellowish, madly bright planet.
uncle-rods.blogspot.com...

The comet never developed the traditional tail, making it look different from the naked eye comets of last decade. Rather, Comet Holmes just looks like a yellow-white fuzzball.
starryskies.net...

Visually, the comet looked yellowish and was visibly less sharp than nearby stars. In binoculars, the disk was readily apparent and looked very yellow. The comet was truly spectacular in even a small telescope.
www.denverastrosociety.org...

I wonder what color that "red" star will be.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And for those who will claim Holmes never did that, without checking their facts may i add...

Comet Holmes is Bigger than the Sun

All right, that title is a little misleading. In fact, when I first read the original press release, my skepticism alarms went off. But it's true, the amazing Comet Holmes now has a halo that's larger than the Sun. Not bad for a comet that, until three weeks ago, was just a tiny dim dirty snowball orbiting near Jupiter.

www.universetoday.com...

The following photos show the real size, in a smaller scale of course of comet Holmes, and the Sun.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209d65555b83.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What NEEDS to happen is the Government needs to set up a gathering of Power company co-ops --all into one network/a new agency--and call it something like "SESA" (Solar Emergency Shutdown Activation)

And With SOHO/NASA and other instruments monitoring the sun. When a flair or CME is considered a X60+, or higher, this one agency can contact ALL Power stations to shutdown for a period of time. (Till this threat passes).

The issues are: Cascading early failures. (you can't just push a button and turn off a section of grid... it's EXTREMELY interwoven and complex. Some type of software and hardware will have to be built for a SESA event.

Another issue is: Water. Fuel pumps... Sewage -- Enough fuel storage for all these generators.. 100's of things.. Hospitals... Older people needing AC more than younger folks..

LOOTING.... I mean, it would HAVE to be an agency in itself. And it would take too long to set up before 2012 I think..

(You know how slow the Government is).. But Its something I think would be smart. I DO NOT propose the Government having one button to bring down ALL of the USA's power.. that is too tempting for those buggers.. but a group. Both FEMA and Local power ops. and oversight by each state.

It's a logistical nightmare. Our power grid is ancient. Slowly being patched here and there with more up-to-date tech...

It would cost TRILLIONS of dollars. Guess who would get the bill?

But IT could be done. Just think about this: would you rather be without Electricity for 2-4 days on and off for a year (may happen just a few times) or would we rather have ALL power wiped out for YEARS. (It would take an estimated 10-20 years to rebuild the entire power grid. THAT IS crazy...)

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like always you didn't do enough research...look at my post above Phage...

When are you going to learn?...

Hey according to Phage the following photo show comet Holmes surrounded in yellow...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/209d65555b83.jpg[/atsimg]
You might need glasses Phage....

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

An X60?... That would do a lot more than just affect satellites and our electrical and electronic infraestructure.

You better hope we don't get hit by anything that big.

BTW, why would the elites want to do that for?

Haven't you read on how they want to depopulate the Earth?...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
What NEEDS to happen is the Government needs to set up a gathering of Power company co-ops --all into one network/a new agency--and call it something like "SESA" (Solar Emergency Shutdown Activation)

And With SOHO/NASA and other instruments monitoring the sun. When a flair or CME is considered a X60+, or higher, this one agency can contact ALL Power stations to shutdown for a period of time. (Till this threat passes).

The issues are: Cascading early failures. (you can't just push a button and turn off a section of grid... it's EXTREMELY interwoven and complex. Some type of software and hardware will have to be built for a SESA event.

Another issue is: Water. Fuel pumps... Sewage -- Enough fuel storage for all these generators.. 100's of things.. Hospitals... Older people needing AC more than younger folks..

LOOTING.... I mean, it would HAVE to be an agency in itself. And it would take too long to set up before 2012 I think..

(You know how slow the Government is).. But Its something I think would be smart. I DO NOT propose the Government having one button to bring down ALL of the USA's power.. that is too tempting for those buggers.. but a group. Both FEMA and Local power ops. and oversight by each state.

It's a logistical nightmare. Our power grid is ancient. Slowly being patched here and there with more up-to-date tech...

It would cost TRILLIONS of dollars. Guess who would get the bill?

But IT could be done. Just think about this: would you rather be without Electricity for 2-4 days on and off for a year (may happen just a few times) or would we rather have ALL power wiped out for YEARS. (It would take an estimated 10-20 years to rebuild the entire power grid. THAT IS crazy...)

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Pharyax]

Shuting down the grids all at once wont do anything. The problem with the CME is it creats electricity. you shut the grid off electricity will still be generated by the CME and Fry everything. The whole power grid needs to be updated with very powerful surge protecters. This wont happen because we already spent all our money bailing out big banks and corprate fat cats.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Whatever the result for our tech, the magnetosphere will light up like the 4th of July, the aurora borealis should be spectascular. I can't wait!

And that hydrogen-bomb comparison? Rubbish. The sun is constantly throwing the energy of millions of hydrogen bombs our way..that's why it's so nice&agreeable on this mudball....

I agree. I gotta book a trip up there to see the Northern Lights.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm scratching my head, trying to figure out what happened to ATS. Seems its just full of people name calling, hate-posting, personal attacks, religion bashing and yes even a touch of racism. Why is the ATS staff not policing like they used to?

With that said, no one knows what can or cannot, will or will not happen to us as a species. It is ignorant to say with absolute certainty what our future holds, just as it is ignorant to say that nothing will ever happen. That space beyond our atmosphere can and will throw anything it desires at us at any moment in time. No one can deny that without looking like a complete fool.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

We need to commission a think tank to give recommendations to government
on how best to protect our power grid and electronic systems in case of
a massive solar emission.

A massive flare impacting earth 500 years ago would have been stunning,
colorful, magnificent, but hardly dangerous. Today however, it would be
catastrophic to the technology of the industrial world. We are extremely
dependent on systems like GPS and radar for navigation of ships and
planes.

If we experienced a flare today like the Carrington event of 1859
there would be massive damage. Best guess is communications
would be lost, satellites would fry, GPS and radar would go offline,
the power grid would cause eruptions of fires in millions of different
locations at once, vehicles with electronic controls systems could
be effected...there are so many viable possibilities (and all of them bad)
that to NOT respond to this threat in a pro-active way is suicide.

Science estimates the earth will experience one serious flare every 500
years, so it is not a question of if, but a question of when, and how
severe.

We need to prepare like you stated. Key satellites should be que'd up
and ready for launch to replace existing ones, surge protection
and disconnect switches for the power-grid, exercises and training
for commercial pilots who might have to fly by-the-seat-of-their-pants
without radar, GPS, or communication...there are so many areas to cover
but we must get ready....

[edit on 27-8-2010 by rival]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I saw a show maybe a year or so ago where they were talking about Solar Storms starting in Oct. of 2011.

The Government was aware and working on how to handle this matter.

They had a senerio where the satellites went down and the grids went out and the panic that would take place. The time it would take to get us up and running again and just how to handle such a thing.

For myself I think if they are taking this serioously they should just be plain honest and tell the people this is what "could" happen and if it does this is what you need/should to do or be prepared for.

If they have known this for years there is no reason why the Government doesn't already have new advanced satellites on the ready.

All we can do is talk we don't know but we know things are happening... we need to be aware and as prepared for anything that comes our way so we can not only protect ourselves but as many others as we can if need be.

I don't really know this Phage on the site but he seems pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so if he his sincere and knows what he is talking about we need to take his word as his bond and listen to what he says about this activity.

Just my thoughts

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, I think the change would do us good.

Sure, could happen, but its still a long shot.

Where ever you are, there is always a chance that some natural disaster could disrupt the transportation of food and other essentials, so it is always a good idea to keep some level of food and water stocked up for such an event.

Satellites are space hardened specifically to deal with solar flares, and I would like to think that some critical systems controls are also designed to take larger does of emf. But, heck, I would have thought that the Deep Water Horizon wouldn't have been bypassing LEL sensors. Yeah, they are a bear to keep in calibration, but so is being blown up.

Our satellite system was badly neglected during the GW years, like everything else. Next month, the U.S. will no longer have manned space flight capability. It's a disgrace.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

hey man! x the pills, and ride the storm out! if something of that size is gonna hit theres nothing we can do!

im a get dr GReenthumB and have a party that whole week, thinking what seeds to get so there ready for that month. got to go out in style buddy!

im not worried anyway, life is here to enjoy and live a free life not controlled bu laws and government! free will is something that cannot be controlled!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm familar with that verse, its part of the trumpets. I think the part about the sky rolling up like a scroll may possibly be a force strong enough to knock our planet off its orbit ... and what happens then is where it is day it immediately turns night and vice versa. imo

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
hmm is that why National Government's are making Deep Underground Military Bases for the chosen few ? ( the Big Club )

I Guess someone blew the Whistle long ago ... more like its that same warning check that Noah Received from GOD/Angel/Alien from the Great flood (Deluge) in which is World wide Known ... from different versions
we might need to look at Sumerian Texts Tablets to Cylinders as the Gilgamesh (deluge ) Story is much like the Christian Bible Story

The MAYANS Might be Accurate of Tragic Even Happening it not the End of the World Just a Few Life Forms The Mayan Calender did not say its the End of the World did it ? tho Nostradamus says its the year 3797 that the world would end ...

Crash & Burn it Happens with Forest fires A dead wasteland for a few years then Life is Renewed ... from the Few Survivors ...

I call it Earths Self Population Control

Well what about Nostradamus Predictions !
His Predictions already happened with 911
(it wasn't a Nuclear bomb it was once thought
it was a Flying bomb called a Airliner)
Look at the Natural Disasters! that has Happened in the last 5 years!
the Invasion in Afghanistan & Iraq
who is next Iran North Korea China etc..
be on the look out for a blue Turbinor a Blue Beret ( HAT )

Nostradamus predicted all this ! it may not be close to dates that this
video below predicts,, the movie was made in 1980 and remember that the cold war (soviet) was still going on during the time this movie was made
so a lot of guess work became a reality in a different outake ..

The Full Video of

The Man who saw Tomorrow Made in 1980

(Orson Wells Narration)

The Predictions of the Future
at the 101.00 min mark to the ending 127.30min

(NOTE : It looks BLANK but just Press the Play Button it works)

Google Video Link

edited for a little additions

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I suppose we could take some comfort in knowing that if it turns out to be as bad as everyone is carrying on about...all our credit histories will be wiped clean! :
:

...time to start thinking about a new trade. Like woodworking, blacksmithing, etc...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Hmm, very interesting concept. Makes sense, that the center of our solar system could also be a factor on long cycles that we are still discovering.

I am not sure about your math, but I kind of follow the logic. From reading the article, scientists have observed activity around Sgr A, which indicates that it sent out a pulse about 300 years ago. Now if we are seeing something near Sgr A that indicates Sgr A activity, then this still would have happened almost 25,000 years ago. It seems that if some electro magnetic pulse, or whatever, is coming towards us from Sgr A, then we would have to know the difference between that pulse, and the speed of light. Then we would know when this pulse should hit us.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You do know what photographic filters are don't you?

We obtained images in the SDSS r’ filter (c = 6250 °A) on UT 2007 Nov. 6, 8-15 at the 3.6 m CFHT atop Mauna Kea. The instrument used was MegaCam, a wide-field mosaic camera of 36 CCDs that covers a square-degree field of view (Boulade et al. 2003).

arxiv4.library.cornell.edu...

The visual observations of Holmes were that it was yellowish. Unless the Hopi new about telescopes and digital cameras and filters, it wasn't blue.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Isaiah 34:4 (New International Version)

4 All the stars of the heavens will be dissolved 
       and the sky rolled up like a scroll; 
       all the starry host will fall 
       like withered leaves from the vine, 
       like shriveled figs from the fig tree.

Revelation 16:8-9

8The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. 9They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

Luke 21:25-28

25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is a difference between knowing you could die from anything at anytime to knowing the actual time of your own death.

I don't think I would want to know when I die.Besides what can you do?Prepare?Prepare for death is all you would be doing.Unless you have a spaceship.

What gets me is they keep putting these things out to feed our paranoia.Why do all these end of the world stories keep popping up?Maybe they are...preparing us.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join