It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by vvb79

Interesting. There is a bible scripture talking about something like this. Something about people will run in fear and hide under rocks. The heavens will shaken, and stars will fall. I wonder if there could be a correlation made between a massive solar storm and the biblical prophecy. I know the Quran also has something in it that indicates the sky folding up like a scroll. Would our magnetosphere nearly vaporize?

AND IT STARTS!! THE FIRST POST IS ABOUT A PREDICTION

MAN

I am GOOD ... why do I predict that people want to find predictions?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Want to see evidence of God doing the impossible, the mighty beyond belief, the brutal?

God controlling what happens on the SUN!! In an interactive way – vs – events on the Earth.

Look at the Sunspot thread on ATS. At the time of the Haiti earthquake, a sun spot appeared in the shape of the Haitian island group Then several wks later, at the time of another earthquake in a Pacific island group, another sun spot appeared in the shape of that island group. Then a short time later, at the time of the start of the Olympics, 5 sunspots appeared in the shape of the Olympic logo.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The equation changes if there is general realization that there is an all-controlling GOD.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
All I got to say is that there sure is a large lack of science involved in this "prediction" from "scientists"

Scientists can't even tell me what the sun is going to do in two weeks if they can't see it already happening with a telescope. Just six years ago they said the activity cycle peak was in 2012... well now they had to push that back to 2013 because they were wrong.

I love a good apocalypse theory, but this one has nothing backing it up. Ridiculous that they call themselves scientists on this one. There isn't enough of a data set to make any such predictions. And, the 100m bombs is just sensationalizing the issue for headlines. Solar storms don't hit like bombs. That's also rather unscientific.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We will all get a HUGE natural dose of Chemo

You will not get any food unless you have cash - with the grids down - stores will not be taking plastic cards

Store lots of canned food - water
Lots of guns - ammo
Ready barricades to put up in emergency

And create a source of alternate power - windmill generator or solar

Diesel engine's are easier to fuel than gasoline

These simple things will give the average person a lot more time

People will go nuts when this happens. No communication (phone, internet, tv and radio).

It will be a free for all and society will quickly break down

[edit on 27-8-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One thing we need to remember is that it is our perspective of those things we endure that define an outcome. What we think we go through is sometimes worse than what we actually do.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Clip:: Nasa Warns Of Super Solar Storm 2012
March 2009

CLIP:: Michio Kaku Warns About 2012 Solar Storm
December 21, 2008

Hmmm.... Who would have thought on December 21, 2008 scientists would have warned about this?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by css1981.......I think that there is not one piece of hard evidence that can tell us that 2012 is the end...

Is the MAYAN calender not hard enough for you? Is the geological record not hard enough for you?

Nature wins every time, no matter how smart man thinks he is! I, personally, am very excited about the possibility of a world changing event. I will be somewhat prepared, and enjoying my family all the while.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Dream on. The worst effects will only last a few minutes or hours. The human species is remarkably adaptable, that's why it's still around. Farmers will fulfill the futures contracts they agreed upon months earlier. The distributors will fill the orders put in before the lights went out. Bicycle messengers will have a field day keeping the lines of communication open. Supermarkets will record your credit card information by hand and put it through when the system goes back on line. Hospitals have emergency generators. Yawn. I do expect a lot of red blooded Americans will start shooting at each other, though, possibly quoting the Bible as they do so. Then the lights will come back on and they'll be in a world of trouble.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Did you guys see that comment -- the first one -- after the Professor's YouTube speach.

All kind of non-PC statements about the Blonde at FOX.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Who is Dave Reneke and where did he get that figure? He is using the Solar Cycle prediction from 2007. That prediction was for solar maximum to occur in late 2011-2012. But the prediction was not for a huge solar storm. The prediction was for a greater than average number of sunspots.

The latest prediction, from the same scientists but based on more current information is that the next solar maximum will occur in May of 2013 and will have fewer than average sunspots. Again, no prediction of a huge solar storm.

Science has a rudimentary ability to predict sunspot numbers which provides an indication of the amount of solar activity. Science has no ability to predict the intensity of that activity and certainly not to predict a particular solar storm at any particular time.

You all really need to learn that there is a difference between a solar flare, a CME, and a geomagnetic storm.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by Haydn_17
To all the 2010 skeptics, your telling me this is just mere coincedence?

Im 100% sure the Mayans predicted this, they were very accurate with solar predictions, eclipses etc.

Although i don't think this will wipe out humanity, i do believe the grids will be fried and we will be living in the stone age for about 2 years.

The whole 2012 the end theory is mass hysteria.

Wake up, people stop living in fear!!!

you know what, tomorrow the earth could be hit by a 10km asteroid and we all get wiped out... you could get knocked down by a car, you could be told by your doc that you only have 6 months to live....

Those that live in the past or the future miss the now.

Live life and enjoy it. However long it is, it's very short.

Stop worrying and start living!!!

korg.

Damn why didn't I think of that....

I mean wow, I've been paying for rent all this time when there is no next month. Man..... I've been working every day when there is only now,..

Why don't I just go to the tropics and live in the now????? since that's all there is....

Damn....

Stupidest idea ever postulated...

There is not just the now, and while you may die at any time, living like you will die tomorrow or in five minutes is ridiculous.

Plan, prepare, AND live.... Don't spend all of your time preparing and planning, but you can't not plan and prepare or you'll be bye bye for sure and while your rotting, your families will suffer too.

Stupid stupid stupid....

Jaden

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Riiight...and this comes from your many years of research as a what exactly?...

And let me get this straight... Showing your contempt for Americans, like you just did, you think is a way to show how intellligent you are, or that you can dismiss this just if you show your hatred for Americans?....

Talk about ignorance...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We can't accurately predict earthquakes on the very planet that we live on.

I am not going to be convinced that we can predict that a single major event will occur (a year in advance) on a star that is 93 million miles away from us.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vvb79

oh noes run for the mountains!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I haven't fallen for this but I am curious as to why scientists would make a public statement that appears to be fearmongering. Can you help me better understand that? They have to know how people will react to this. Can we no longer believe what scientists say?

BTW good to see your posts - I rely on your expertise.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
anyway you slice it we are in some dire straits..i dont need a scientist,
world leader or fortune teller to see that much..be a boy scout -be prepared-
for what? more war, shortages,outages,outrages,societal breakdown,famine,plague,
climate refugees,..solar storms?- sure throw that on the pile.
how to prepare? stockpile some dry goods, get a shotgun and some ammo.
have a plan b- cdef wouldnt hurt either. run some what -if plays in your head.
thats not fear mongering- its being a good scout. i'd get in some physical shape.
dust off grandmas tricycle. start gardening.
pay attention or you'll pay something else..
RSOE EDIS for real time event mapping. excellent.
i have my passport and other places to be.
my kin can think me nuts all they want.
my tinfoil hat is a kelvar tin composite helmet.
i got a groove like a trench.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You all really need to learn that there is a difference between a solar flare, a CME, and a geomagnetic storm.

Oh wait, all of that comes from the same person who has claimed in the past that solar activity in no way can affect earthquake activity and even made up his own conclusions posting it as "conclusive evidence" trying to support his false claims?.... Hummm.....

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok, first, anyone that does a little research can see that the date of the solar peak isn't even in 2012, but 2013. But even so they say, "Go ahead and mark your calendar for May 2013," says Pesnell. "But use a pencil."

science.nasa.gov...

And, hardly the end of the world, but again, hardly a non-event either:

Fisher, who has been a NASA scientist for 20 years, said these events would combine in 2013 to produce huge levels of radiation.

He said large swathes of the world could face being without power for several months, although he said that was unlikely.

He said that a more likely scenario would be places which have "fragile" power grids would be without power and access to electronic devices for hours, possibly days.

He said preparations were similar to those of a hurricane, where authorities knew a problem was going to occur but did not know how serious it would be

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I was merely reacting to the people who seem to be looking eagerly forward to the apocalypse. I have no hatred towards Americans, that seems to be a projection on your part. I do apologize for the mockery, but the survivalists (most of whom seem to be American) are the greatest threat in the event of a disruption. They just can't wait for everything to break down. The simple fact of the matter is that parts of the grid go down every day. Businesses continue to run. Everyone has had this experience.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

And if people did a bit more research they would find that those scientists claiming nothing will happen in 2012 were the same ones that had to move their own predictions ahead several times when the solar minimum would end, meanwhile other scientists had been telling them we were going to experience a solar minimum for several years...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join