It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ah, the way the Universe works through its natural cycle of beauty and destruction. I must say, this solar storm will be doing a huge favor not only for the Earth, but for the solar system, other solar systems light years around ours that might harbor life, and the space around us that our race puts an unnatural threat to. If this thing has the potential to end all life here, I'll give it two thumbs up and a salute without hesitation. By the time we're done and gone, we'll be nothing but a short example of a story on "How Not to Evolve" for the next rising intelligent species.

Like cancer, stop it before it spreads from its original point of origin to the next, only to wreak havoc. Time to cleanse the Earth, once more.

Keep me updated on this! I'm dying to see how they play this future scenario down from possible extinction to we'll be alright in order to keep the wheels of a productive society turning.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by luminev

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
The whole 2012 the end theory is mass hysteria.

Wake up, people stop living in fear!!!

you know what, tomorrow the earth could be hit by a 10km asteroid and we all get wiped out... you could get knocked down by a car, you could be told by your doc that you only have 6 months to live....

Those that live in the past or the future miss the now.

Live life and enjoy it. However long it is, it's very short.

Stop worrying and start living!!!

korg.

I think so too. In 2013 we will all be here worrying about some other future event.

I've been here on ATS for several years and I've lived through quite a few life changing events and yet my life hasn't changed.......I'm sure I'll be writing this again in 2013 on my new 8Ghz Octa core Laptop with a 1Tb solid state drive reading all about the Obama conspiracy to get re-elected!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well if it does it does, the universe is not a nice hospitable place...it's a dangerous one, a storm of this magnitude while inconvenient in our technological age is still very tame and i would rather our fancy gadgets were wiped out rather than most of our species. Im not too bothered really, it may not happen it might...just got to wait and see. We have been relatively lucky to have lived this long without suffering a major catastrophe, whether from space or from earth itself.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
How did you get 19 stars? You can't predict space weather, let alone solar storms from our Sun. All the data on our sun we collect comes after the fact. It takes minutes for the light of our sun to reach Earth not to mention the Sun is and has been unpredictable. So what if were told the Sun goes in cycles and there will be more Sun activity in 2011. SO what if a satellite stop's working, we have 1000's up their just from the US alone. I'm going to book mark this post so that two years from now I can laugh in your face. That is all I have to say.

If there was a time for a mod edit on someone's postings now would be it. I really suggest deleting the thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So what's the deal? A few weeks ago a similar article came out in the MSM regarding "solar flares." Is this new article supposed to follow up the reports of solar flares?

This article is calling them solar "storms" and giving us predictions regarding when they will happen (2012--how shocking:lol
The outcome is supposedly going to be similar, except these "solar storms" are made to sound like they will cause more destruction.

Did the first article not create enough panic, so now the stories are getting more grandiose? I ask this because the articles (2 total) that I read about the solar "flares" specifically stated they had no way of predicting when these flares would occur, only to say that they would eventually happen. So now were supposed to believe they CAN predict when this activity from the sun is going to directly affect us?

Are solar "flares" and solar "storms" one in the same? If they aren't, then how come they can predict when one will occur and not the other?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ha! The biggest irony of this whole situation if it does occur and everything electric shuts down, is that no one on here will be able to tell people i told you so....
No banking, too easy, landlord wont be able to get my rent.
No petrol, perfect, no way to get to work, not going.
Food, i live on the coast, just a short walk from a river, abaloney on tap and plenty of fish, yum.
Entertainment, plenty of surf, a deck of cards and im sure i can dig up that Monopoly board.
Only thing l can think of that l need is one of those flint sticks that Bear Grylls owns, your not a man unless you know how to make a fire.
Whats the problem??????

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I truly do worry about all of this... when my heart tells me I should be excited.
Honestly, I plan on eating a lot of sleeping pills that December week.

But what if it doesn't happen?. I just think it is more BS like the y2k hoax it's put out there to keep the truth seekers afraid!.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by survivor

How can this be a hoax? The sun naturally goes through 11 year cycles and does produce very strong solar storms that can severely disrupt our modern civilization if powerful enough. You can't exactly describe the story as a 'hoax'....the prediction may be wrong and a powerful solar storm does not effect us in 2012/13, but that doesn't mean it's a hoax.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I somewhat hope it will happen but we hear the date "2012" way to often nowadays... if it happens I will appologize, if not.... then not....
last time a solar storm was detected on earth 6 mill. people lost their electrisity.... imagine our civilization without power...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The visual observations of Holmes were that it was yellowish. Unless the Hopi new about telescopes and digital cameras and filters, it wasn't blue.

Sorry but you keep being wrong, the comet changed colors, and yes even when it was mostly blue there was SOME yellow, but in fact it was seen as BLUE, not yellowish when the event occurred...

For a while before and after the expansion which made it look like it was bigger than the Sun it's nucleus was greenish, and it's tail was blue when the tail separated from the head of the comet.

On about November 8-9, 2007, the blue-colored gaseous tail of Comet 17P/Homes broke away from its greenish dense nucleus.

www.itwire.com...

The tail of the comet shone blue because of carbon monoxide ions , but during the event when it expanded to become bigger than the sun, the color that it shone was blue. The above happened AFTER the expansion of the comet and when the tail, and it's blue color separated from the nucleus.

You Phage just don't EVER like to admit to be wrong... That is your problem.

Oh and btw, this is another fact, the Blue Star Katsina is called "Sakwa Sohu."

The Hopi word "sakwa" literally means "green-blue".

www3.interscience.wiley.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychiatrium

You hope it will happen? i do not think you understand how much we rely on things these days which would be affected, if it ever did happen you would be eating those words of yours in no time at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychiatrium

I am imagining that right now. Electrical power production will cease as the infrastructure to carry it to homes , businesses , and institutions collapses, halting the burning of fossil fuels in industrial amounts almost immediately. Nuclear plants will have to be powered down into some form of safe standby mode, since there will be no where for the power to go.
Big government will loose its grip on people while they desperately seek to provide for thier own interests, and those who could live free without them will flourish.
People will not owe power companies anything for as long as the outage lasts and they are not recieving power, and people will have to walk around and get some god damned excersize , because the pumps which fill thier cars with fuel will have nothing to run on.
The human race will have to remember its roots, rather than brazenly insulting its origins by constantly removing itself further and further from nature. Campfires, community, respect, and solidarity will once again be more important than material wealth, the ability to get things done becoming more useful than cell phones and high rolling credit cards. Cash will be more useful than credit, but skills and useful items such as accelerants for starting fires, kindling, food, and tools will be in high demand.
The only worry is that some people will not get into the spirit of things, and will go looting useless trinkets without the fear of electronic surveillance and an organised tech assisted police force. However there will be those directly opposed to such mercenary action, and I dont doubt that if this particular cow pat hits the rotary air cooler, there will be moraly solid persons looking out for any nefarious activities.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

No blue Star Kachina in the Hopi prophecies..

I am sorry my friend but you are wrong. Yes there is a Hopi prophecy about the appearance of Sakwa sohu Katsina/kachina, or the blue star Kachina/Katsina. As i explained before, with evidence to corroborate my statement, the Hopi word "sakwa" literally means "green-blue", but it was dubbed in translations as the blue star Katsina/Kachina.

Hopi Blue Star or Blue Kachina Prophecy

- White Feather of the Bear Clan

An ancient Hopi Indian prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the Day of Purification. The Hopi name for the star Sirius is Blue Star Kachina. It will come when the Saquasohuh (Blue Star) Kachina dances in the plaza and removes his mask.

www.hidden-truth.org...

The history channel did a program about prophecies and even they talked about the Hopi prophecy of the Blue star katsina.

You can hear it starting around 2 minutes in the following video.
www.youtube.com...

They didn't make this up in 2007... in fact this prophecy, among their other prophecies are very ancient.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
And btw, before Phage once again tries to make another red herring sakwa Sohu Katsina is not only used by the hopi to describe Sirius.
Katsina/Kachina means spirit, and the prophecy foretells that a sakwa sohu katsina will appear in our skies and this will mark the beginning of the purification and tribulation.

After the appearance of the first sign of sakwa sohu another sign will appear, and the next one would be a red star katsina.

Whether you, or others want to call it coincidence, I have shown in the past that one of the people who tried to tell us that the vatican and those in power knew that something was approaching us from space which would have great significance for our future was father Malachi Martin, who in 1997 in an interview with Art Bell explained why the vatican was so interested in the Mt Graham observatory, and why they helped build it and took control over it.

Father Malachi Martin had connections in the Vatican, and in fact he worked for the Vatican, and the late pope was a close friend of his.

In the following link you will find another link to part of the interview where Father Malachi Martin speaks about whatever he was trying to say was approaching us.

He said that we would see signs as it would be slowly approaching us, and the signs will become more and more apparenty 5-10 years from 1997.

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Some info on father Malachi Martin.

Malachi Martin's background:

Malachi Martin, eminent theologian, expert on the Catholic Church, former Jesuit and professor at the Vatican's Pontifical Biblical Institute, is the author of the national best-sellers Vatican, The Final Conclave, Hostage to the Devil, and The Jesuits. He was trained in theology at Louvain. There he received his doctorates in Semitic Languages, Archeology and Oriental History. He subsequently studied at Oxford and at Hebrew University in Jerusalem. From 1958 to 1964 he served in Rome, where he was a close associate of the renowned Jesuit Cardinal Augustin Bea and Pope John XXIII. Martin passed away late 1999.

As a side note Father Malachi Martin died when for some reason he fell down a flight of stairs and apparently had a heart attack in 1999.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Oh dear, is it the end of the world...again?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I guess the movie, "Knowing" was a little more on point than initially expected.

Consequently, they also had the gulf OIL RIG SPILL in that movie.

Coincidence?

Nah...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes the word means Spirit, and could be used for ETs and Guides, benevolents and others as well. The Mayan calendar is not only related to "time" and possible earth changes, but it marks the return of the Quetzcoatl, (Sirius and Orion are predominant here as in Egypt), and this is akin to all the names such as Enki/Enya, El, Ra, Osirus, Zeus, the Eye of Horus, the top of the pyramid. The Hopi have been said to be related to the Mayan, so I see the kachinas as a time of tribulation much like the return of Quetzcoatl, the feathered snake, the S group.

This storm ties into a document I read, a pdf. I'll find a include.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

This is contains a lot of information and suggest the real dangers that are coming, with many Nasa articles and discoveries, pointed to. Its relating to why there are strong possibilites of storms, or even a perpetual ongoing cme, a Magentic Storm, and if that occurs and affects the pole reversal, it will be sudden, and that will have large consequences, beause they can be ferocious like lions, or mild like sheep, depends on how swiftly they occur for one thing.

The document discusses preparing for life in the 1800s without electrons, however, it emphasizes that they don't know for sure, what is going to happen, or at least, that they are not admitting that.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, I guess we will know on December 21, 2012 at 11:11 Universal Time. Everyone will need to check the time in their area or just see which area on the Planet 11:11 arrives first Universal time and see what happens there.

This kind of reminds me of.... The Day the Earth Stood Still.... what will you be doing at that time.

I say use logic and common sense. Don't fly, don't be in a car driving, have food and drink, have a full tank of gas and have some cash on hand and make peace in your Hearts and Souls.

When the time passes then you will know and whatever was to be will be.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ah, the way the Universe works through its natural cycle of beauty and destruction. I must say, this solar storm will be doing a huge favor not only for the Earth, but for the solar system, other solar systems light years around ours that might harbor life, and the space around us that our race puts an unnatural threat to. If this thing has the potential to end all life here, I'll give it two thumbs up and a salute without hesitation. By the time we're done and gone, we'll be nothing but a short example of a story on "How Not to Evolve" for the next rising intelligent species.

Like cancer, stop it before it spreads from its original point of origin to the next, only to wreak havoc. Time to cleanse the Earth, once more.

I think perhaps you took the "you are a virus" line in the Matrix a bit too much to heart.

Do you honestly think that we are a special snowflake in the universe? That all other species go from the primordial ooze straight to enlightenment? We are still a very primitive species. Look where we were some 500 years ago. A tiny drop in evolutionary time. Some species out there have possibly been evolving and learning for millions of years. Even other animals on our planet go through the same primitive phases. Did you know dolphins will rape other dolphins? That monkeys will attack other monkeys living nearby, and cannibalize their young? We are a young planet, and you have to learn. It takes awhile. I'm sorry you've already lost all hope in humanity, it's sad to see honestly. You are like many: you are negative, and so you only focus on the negative. You probably never bother seeing all the positive things that happen in our world.

As far as this "event" goes, there is a LOT of "approximately" in your math. How you think you can nail this down to +/- 1 year is just about laughable.

2012: No killer planets, no asteriods, no super volcanoes.. and no super wave wiping us out. I certainly can't wait until Jan 1st of 2013.. ugh.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If the world suddenly loses electricity, it won't be like the 1800s. No it would be like way before that. Because our society relies on technology and would go down the pan. Think no manufacture, no transport, no medicines, no operations - you get the picture. Your herbal medicine won't mean squat when you need a triple heart bypass
Our lazy, spoon fed society does not have the skills to cope. There will be mass panic, murder, mayhem. There will be a huge cull of the sick and the elderly and those who just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. People don't seem to think beyond losing their satellite TV and lighting.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join