It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I should have to pass a drug test to work...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
then you should have to submit to one to receive a welfare check?

Agree? Disagree?

Discuss.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Agreed. You should have to pass a drug test for:

1) Welfare
2) Unemployment
3) Food Stamps
4) Any other hand out funded by taxpayers

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It would never work. Just a waste of more money doing the tests because there are so many ways around them. All kinds of drinks on the market that mask the drugs taken. They could take urine from there kids and use it. If it's crack or coc aine then it would be out of their system in about 3 days. Marijuana is the only one they would be targeting and you can grow that yourself and not have to buy it with welfare. People who want drugs will go to any lengths. Just not worth the time or taxpayer money. If you want a drug free society then start with the CIA helping import it.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Why should the government take our tax money and spend it on monitoring the activities of its citizens?

Why shouldn't it?

Where does that end?

Where the voting public want it to end. Alternatively, it should end when it infringes on a person's privacy ie it shouldn't be used on private property without the owner's consent.

Should they monitor your car speedometer to make sure you didn't break the speed limit laws?

I suppose they could, providing they make sentencing more lenient- it's incredibly easy to go a few MPH over the speed limit.

Should they put cameras in your bedroom to make sure you don't break the sodomy law or maybe even rip that tag off your mattress?

Which # hole country actually has sodomy laws nowadays? Anyway, not without a person's consent they shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Which # hole country actually has sodomy laws nowadays? Anyway, not without a person's consent they shouldn't.

Erm...

Virginia
Oklahoma
and North Carolina

Also the US Military

Sorry I couldn't stop myself

The laws are considered unconstitutional but are still used link

[edit on 28-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

i think you will find that a drug addict just does not go home and sit there, drugs cause all sorts of issues from violent crime to social disorder, to get welfare you should take a blood test or other drug testing, as you are meant to be fit for work if you should find it, not get f7$ked and become worthless when on welfare leaving you even more dependant on the state

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Meh drugs are not a problem, i fail to see why you should need to be tested, drug addicts on the other hand yes, it is common sense as an employer...doubt anyone would want to hire someone who is a mess at work without having a fix. As for welfare check, depends...if it's drugs it should include alcohol and tobacco...alcohol especially is by far a worse drug than 90% of illegal ones and unemployed folks can waste just as much of their money on it. But in the end i have no problem people using any drug as long as it's in moderation. I think most rational people would agree on that.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Absolutely 100 percent agree...and if it comes up positive, removal by the state of any children one might have this would cut the abuse/neglect cases by half!!!! Believe me!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Oh, America.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
And for people in Civil Govt, including POTUS and Cabinet members, Congress (both chambers), SCOTUS, Doctors, Lawers...

Hell, lets just test everybody. And lets make it random.

Eh,. On second thought, it would cause chaos! Half the country would be fired.

Abolish drug Prohibition, do away with drug test, unless there is cause (an accident for instance, or a crime).

Use the taxes collected on sales to fund Treatment programs.

Stop sending people to prison for a medical problem!!!

END THE DRUG WAR MADNESS!

/end Rant.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

4) Any other hand out funded by taxpayers

Ah, another vote for drug test for people in public service!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So now we want the government to pay for millions of initial and likely routine drug tests?

There was a drug testing company here that I've gone to that had been found to over bill medicare and medicaid and still milions of dollars.. So much infact that the whistle blower that told them received a several million dollar reward.

Are you just looking for new ways to give organized crime a chance to rob the government and spend millions of dollars with a system that's already can't pay its bills?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hooray for wasting more government resources!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I believe va actually still enforces their law against sodomy....
had a friend tell me a story about someone she knew getting charged recently with it.....

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Your idea is flawed; the number 1 problematic drug in the US is alcohol - a legal drug.

I need a 2nd line so I will also mention that use does not necessarily equal abuse.

Also, you should find a line of work that doesn't require an infringement on your privacy as a prerequisite to being hired.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join