It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Calls for Audit of US Gold Reserves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Ron Paul Calls for Audit of US Gold Reserves

www.resourceintelligence.net

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul , R-Tex., plans to introduce a new bill next year that will allow for an audit of US gold reserves, he told Kitco News in an exclusive interview.

“If there was no question about the gold being there, you think they would be anxious to prove gold is there,” he said of the Federal Reserve.

“If we ever get around to deciding we should use gold in relationship to our currency we ought to know how much is there,” said Paul. “Our Federal Reserve admits to nothing and they should prove all the gold is there. There is a reason to be suspicious and even if you are n
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

There probably IS no gold in Fort Knox lol...

I see unlimited "CASH 4 GOLD" commercials, online-ads, newspapers, billboards. I bet these are government agencies doing a huge gold grab. They make it simple as possible, call them up and they send you an envelope to ship back with the Gold and you get a cheque within days.

Doesn't matter if it's stolen, they just melt it down.

Somethings fishy about Gold in itself.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Because it is in China.

LOL. Good call.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Why is Fox News arguing with Ron Paul? Have they already hijacked the Tea Party movement and now just want corporate freedoms, over individual freedoms?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
He like to audit things. What happen to the Audit the Fed bill? I think I lost track of that.

Will the bars say "Rothschild" like I've heard a few times of the last press invitation in 1972?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ron Paul has the right idea, a true patriot of transparency.

IMO I would go revolutionary, I would force the audit of every government agency whether they are fully federal or have any direct say in government straight from the executive branch to the FED to the postal service. There is mass abuse, waste, corruption and negligence that is occurring throughout every section of our local, state and federal governments. We need to audit them all, give them 10 years for a full audit of everything.

We should establish a temporary audit agency for each level of government ranging from local, state to federal. And the agencies will audit everything back to its very beginning. They would report periodically on what they have observed and when it is all finished the auditing agency will be audited by the Congress.

It would be long, bureaucrat and painful, but in the end we would know everything that is going on in there. That would force our government to do a MASSIVE overhaul, probably saving us roughly $1 trillion at least in a decade.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know, he's awfully friendly with the mainstream media. I hope he's not some sort of distraction by tptb to keep part of the mass happy, giving them false hope.

Some of his policies are definitely good policies. But there is something just not quite right with this guy. However I'm still interested if RP is running for 2012, I still want to see him run.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
You know, he's awfully friendly with the mainstream media. I hope he's not some sort of distraction by tptb to keep part of the mass happy, giving them false hope.

Not the masses. He's there to court the fringe-theory sheep. They go to a special slaughterhouse where they kill them slowly and painfully for kosher meat.

I say Springer 2012!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul looked kinda nervous in this video.

Maybe its just me.

Audit The Gold!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sometimes I like to step back and laugh at the world simply because it revolves around golden colored rocks.

Quick! Someone count the rocks!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ok sure audit the gold.

But what I really wanna see, is a legit audit of our Oil Reserves on hand and an audit of our Oil Deposits in the ground.

This would be far more beneficial in understanding the future of the human race IMHO.

Because the current "fiat" money around the world is not actually fiat after all, it is backed by Oil and based on the value of a barrel of Oil. This is all too apparent these days.

Oil and currency are tied so closely together in our modern age, it isn't funny. If the value of Oil skyrockets, that means the value of all other commodities skyrockets as a result too. Likewise if Oil plummets, it would make sense that the other commodities would drop also. (That doesn't mean they drop the prices, as they are also in this for profit so that must be accounted for as well).

Just food for thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsALL
Sometimes I like to step back and laugh at the world simply because it revolves around golden colored rocks.

Quick! Someone count the rocks!

It doesn't.

It revolves around a thick black liquid that we drill out of the ground.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Because it is in China.

LOL. Good call.

I seriously doubt that.

The most secure place to stash gold, as the adage goes, is most likely Switzerland.

So I would place my bets that most of the gold assets would be safely stashed away in the Swiss Alps.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Nice idea. But Dollar would collapse completely in that case.
USA may not do that in this situation.

Anyway, there is more chance that Ron die in a car accident, then that audit happens.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
That is a common misconception. The Dollar is not based on the value of gold anymore.

It is based on the value of a barrel of oil now.

Please think this one through. It's clearly obvious this is the case. If you view it from this perspective it makes perfect sense.

The Dollar is not fiat. It is backed by Oil.

AKA "Black Gold".

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Read this article please it explains my points well.

www.trinicenter.com...

In 1971, in response to the depletion of U.S. gold reserves, President Richard Nixon announced that the dollar would no longer be redeemable for gold. So the system of fixed exchange rates via gold-backing fell apart. It was thought that the dollar would decline in value as traders relied less on the dollar and more on the emerging European and Asian currencies. But support for the dollar came from an unlikely quarter.

And what was the automatic logical replacement for Gold?? Oil.

In 1973, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) quadrupled the price of oil but continued to accept only U.S. dollars in payment, so that demand for dollars soared. From then on, the dollar was effectively backed by oil instead of gold-- and the U.S. government didn't even have to own the oil!

So.

This is why I am calling for an Audit of Oil reserves and Oil deposits around the world. This makes logical economic sense.

And it will foretell how long the current economic model will last.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Good Luck with that.

After the disappointment with the "audit the fed" bill we all witnessed...I'm not setting myself up for more disappointment.

Nothing meaningful will ever pass through this CORPORATE OWNED GOVERNMENT.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That is a common misconception. The Dollar is not based on the value of gold anymore.

It is based on the value of a barrel of oil now.

Please think this one through. It's clearly obvious this is the case. If you view it from this perspective it makes perfect sense.

The Dollar is not fiat. It is backed by Oil.

AKA "Black Gold".

I know that. But you forget panic sale of US bonds worldwide.
People (countries) rush to change savings in other valutas too.

In that case it doesn´t matter if US have all oil reserve in the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I am not saying that Ron´s suggestions are not positive.

Just that people in USA (and world) would take a major hit. As they never experienced in theirs lives.

And they have absolutely no guaranties that something would improve after that hit.

I may sound a little bit pessimistic, but you are dealing with intelligent hyenas here.

They are doing its thing for centuries.

Even in the time of englands powerfull kings they did as they do today. (and put kings in debt) Despite that gold was important.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
NOOOOOO!!! Don't do that...
the whole world will know just how broke we really are and decide not to trade their goods for our worthless paper!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join