It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced REIKI healing session First hand?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade
The tone of my post is missing the faith? umm... I didnt realize i was coming off associated with a Bad attitude...
(feel free to read the ATS rules/guidelines again thanks)

That is exactly what I mean about having a bad attitude about FAITH healing.

You didn't like my reference to God or miracles, so you give me a veiled threat about the ATS rules/guidelines.

My friend, FAITH healing requires exactly that.

As you have already heard, some people here say it is total B.S. and just a money making scam.
Others say that it worked for them.

Can you understand what is really going on here ?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

You are right, I called my friend and found out it was shiatsu.
Mybad

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I was introduced to reiki as a birthday present from my girlfriend. I had never heard of it and was very skeptical. I had chronic pain in my elbow and shoulder from old sports injuries. I used the gift certificate for a one hour session, not expecting much.

The reiki practicioner used light tough and I felt heat, tingiling, and vibrations much to my surprise. No placebo there. At some points I would feel energy going somewhere and I would have bet my life her hands were in one place, i would open my eyes and her hands were in a completley different place. It was a very strange feeling. I knew at that point something amazing was happening.

After one hour session my pain was completley gone. I never had my elbow or shoulder bother me again. I am now certified in reiki 2 and have started my own practice. At times I doubeted my own ability until I was told that after one session, a dialysis patient who had been wheel chair bound for 2 years now, had stood up on her own power, much to the surprise of her relatives.

Reiki also has changed my life on a spiritual level. It has helped me to confront my shadow and become a better person. After my 2nd attunement, I could no longer watch tv for extended period of times, waste time with video games, or go out and waste money on drinking all night. It was like a forced realization, I always knew these things werent great for me, reiki helped me to see them for what they were and it was easy to walk away from them. I used my new found free time for meditation, yoga, bike riding, and reading.

It has been an amazing ride. There are many people who teach reiki one for under $300. I would suggest checking IARP for qualified reiki professionals in your area.

Also you can check out my website for more info.

You have come this far and been lead to reiki for a reason. I promise you that you won't regret it!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

If you understand that the sole and unique purpose of your reproductive organ is to reproduce yourself, you're already miles ahead of many "masters" and "diplomaed" people. Keep that in mind and good luck in your quest.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by D1ss1dent]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Just a question, what does reproduction have to do with reiki?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I experienced Reiki healing several years ago, and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I was at my weekly martial arts class one night, and rolled my ankle horribly. I'd had this kind of injury before; based on my previous experiences, I anticipated it hurting for at least the next week. At the time, it was too painful even to stand on. I stepped off the floor, wincing in pain, and sat down.

One of my fellow students and an occasional instructor was sitting out this particular class, and asked me what had happened. I told her, and she simply asked if I would like her to try to do something about it. I gratefully accepted her offer, not knowing what she had planned; I was anticipating some sort of accupressure technique, something I had heard her mention before. Instead, she knelt down in front of me, placed her hands around my injured ankle (not touching me at all--there was an inch or two of space between her palms and my skin), and simply breathed. I was a bit confused, but before I could ask what she was doing, my ankle suddenly had the most peculiar feeling I've ever experienced--it was simultaneously hot and cold, and I had the sensation that I'd only previously felt when I'd experienced a minor electrical shock. Even as I type this I know it's not an adequate explanation, but I can come up with no better words for it.

A few minutes passed with that same odd feeling, and then she moved her hands and told me to stand up. When I did, the pain was totally absent; not only could I stand, I could jump, twist, and pivot. I even kicked a nearby punching bag, expecting at least a twinge of pain, but felt nothing; had I tried that a few minutes before, I would have fallen over in agony. Only then, when I looked back at my classmate with a thousand questions in my eyes, did she tell me what I had just experienced was Reiki, which she explained as "channeling universal energy in order to heal." She told me she and her husband had only recently begun to learn. I was absolutely astounded. I had always considered myself open-minded, but never before had I truly believed in faith healing, laying on hands, or anything of that nature; alternative medicine was one thing, but I simply didn't accept the possibility of simple "energy healing" until it happened to me.

Not long after that I had to leave my martial arts school, and I never saw that woman again. Later, my interest in Reiki grew and I searched for instruction in my area, to no avail. Then, very recently, I became acquainted with someone who had been practicing Reiki for years, and who was able to pass attunements. She agreed to do this for me, much to my delight, and the sensation I got when she did so was incredible; I got a pleasant cooling sensation every time she touched me, and I could feel it radiating from my palms for hours after the attunement was done. I've taken my first steps down the path, and I have to say, I've rarely been more excited.

I understand the skeptics; I was skeptical of this kind of thing, too. But what I experienced couldn't be denied. I couldn't even write it off as the placebo effect, because I had no idea what was happening, and I did NOT expect to feel anything without even being touched. Everyone seems to experience Reiki differently (although a feeling of warmth seems to be the most common experience), but I would urge any skeptics out there to try a session--just once--before passing any sort of judgement. It really can be a life-changing experience; I know I haven't looked at the world I live in the same way since.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Reiki is a wonderful tool for healing the whole person. I was attuned 2 years ago and am currently a Reiki 2 therapist. I did yard work in exchange for my attunements. Money can be a problem in the area of reiki as many charge steep prices for therapy or attunements due to the tradition set in place by Hawayo Takata. Takata was the women responsible for reiki becoming known outside of Japan. she was a widow so she set the prices high to make money to support herself and to show that the system had worth. She thought most Americans and other people would not appreciate something unless it had a high dollar price tag. She also added a Christian element to the story of Mikao Usui, the founder. Reiki is very similar to Qi Gong in my opinion. I have experienced some amazing results on a personal level as well as with clients. I have seen people who do not believe in it who are hardcore skeptics get results. Even if it was a placebo effect there is a field of medicine called Neuropsychoimmunology that studies the effects of thoughts and the relationship between them and the parasympathetic nervous system. Words and thoughts are catalyst to our moods which trigger all kinds of chemical reactions in the body. Bad moods and constant stress suppress our immune system. Touch generally feels good and comforts the body leading to a better immunity.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have received and have done reiki type healing for many years now. there is no doubt in my mind it works. you have the ability to heal yourself. if we continue to look for external sources of healing i.e. drugs, medical doctors, etc. which only treat the symptoms, you will have no desire to look within. it is only when one decides to go beyond western medicine that they will find their own ability to heal, for free. meditate tell your body what it needs to do.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

i would be glad to offer a free distance energy session if you are willing.just ask.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join