It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone experienced REIKI healing session First hand?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I don't know about Reiki, but I have considerable experience of a similar healing technique practised by a Japanese sect called Sukyo Mahikari. A former childhood friend is now a very senior doshi in that sect. I have been following his Mahikarian doings for more than twenty (that's right, twenty) years.

I have two words for all of you:

1. Placebo

2. Effect

And my poor friend's brains have been completely scrambled by twenty-odd years of cult membership.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
My sister is a licensed medical massage therapist, and is trained in Reiki. Unfortunately she lives out of state and I haven't been to visit since her training. I do know though, that she is about as far from crackpot as one can get, so if she believes in it strongly, I trust her.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Kascade, the tone of your post misses the point FAITH healing entirely.
I probably won't work for you.
Sorry, but your attitude is all completely wrong.

God can, and does perform miracles, but what have you ever done for God ?
Think about it..........

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I also had some reiki therapie and must say that it was quite an experience that someone can take away pain with their hands. Unfortunatly the person who did the reiki to me experienced my pain herself the next day.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well my name itself states the general view of my answer but..
Yes about 2 years ago when I was 18 I began going to meditations at a friends grandmothers around the same time I began researching and looking into conspiracies..eventually I was offered reiki and it was not what I had expected..but I felt incredibly refreshed and during a time when I had 3rd degree burns reiki sessions had seemed to help ease the pain..I eventually became a Reiki 1 practioner and 2 years later am a certified Reiki Master 3 Teacher,though I am still learning and would not consider myself to know enough to teach by any means..
It is real, trust me Ive known the difference between placebo effects and the power of the mind to create an illusion and something that you feel and know much like the truth..
I'm 20 right now and can say that its coincidental that my quest for the "truth" as a generalized term for now,spirituality and reiki begun similary in times..
However it is a serious artform and I have studied and practiced it and keep up with a daily dedication to it and do not offer anything at all for healings as far as promises that I cant deliver with nor do I charge for any sessions..
Its unfortuante to see that there are con artists in Reiki as in my opinion a good portion of the "new age" movement is disinfo and out for money.
Reiki itself is said by some to be a cure all, for which it is not...It will not magically fix your broken arm and it will not instantly remove your cold..It will help restore your body and release blockages and promote positivty and wellbeing in body mind and soul.
However to the person who said that the Reiki practioner felt the pain she removed the next day...it is very common a technique in meditation called grounding is always used before a healing and an acknowledgment that you reiki yourself before hand to make sure whatever block or negativity/pain may be taken out will not be given to you and instead have the intention it is recycled into positive energy..
I have had skepticism of it at first I will admit..but when you look at the fact that energy is vibration..and vibration is something everything has..The lower your vibration the less well you are, the more prone to disease you may be(other factors of course always vary in this too) and a higher vibration is naturally healthier and more awake in all the senses..

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Akoostikreiki]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have had Reiki a few times, after brain surgery and after chemotherapy, I never viewed it as a cure, but it was offered to me and after the 1st session I really felt it had made me feel better, I cant explain how it made me feel, but it definitely provided me with something. Just cant articulate what.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
I had a Reiki session once; I didn't feel a thing. For me it was totally useless.

To be fair, I had a suspicion that the practitioner was interested in me romantically/sexually so I was on my guard during it and that probably doesn't help with "energy flow" in the body

Many years ago when I worked on the oncology floor of a research hospital, one of the nurses there was in the middle of a research protocol on the use of Reiki in treating pain and fatigue in cancer patients. The results were good enough that the study was published in a major peer reviewed medical journal.

I'm a bit confused by your post though -- are you interested in being trained in Reiki or in receiving a treatment?

Yea im noticing A LOT of people that it works quite well with are Cancer patients. I wonder why or what it has to do with it helping that type moreso then "the normal folk.

Im actually interested in both lol
I want to have it done to ME, i want to learn how TO DO IT, but im also curious as to the experiences that others had with it.

I do have to say....my girlfriend gets some pretty intense headaches....takes 3 pills lays down in the dark for hours and its still intense. We started doing meditation together, and i massage her head...and i watched SOME reiki youtube vids real quick...i do the "basics" while i massage her head, and for some reason it is truelly the only thing that helps her. But the other night in particular. I truelly synced my breath with hers...she would breath in when i would massage clockwise, then breath out counter....i imagined energy in my hands and moving her energy...
And at the very end it was quite amazing...i was rubbing from her temple to the top of her hed imagining like the reiki youtube videos said. And it felt like the same sensation when you have two magnets and you try to pull them apart. WHen i finally got to the tip of her head and i tried to "PULL" my hands off, it quite literally was stuck. It actually took me to flex my muscles to PULL my arms away and i somewhat fell back, and instantly she said WOW! WHAT WAS THAT?! and her head just felt better all the sudden. I get a surge of ephoria and somewhat tingly feeling. Im not sure if this was reiki but THIS is quite honestly was sparked my question.
I know its not a sort of permanent healing solution. But when i do these massages for her, it usually lasts a week til she gets another headache. (it runs in her family i suppose)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
reply to post by kaskade

Kascade, the tone of your post misses the point FAITH healing entirely.
I probably won't work for you.
Sorry, but your attitude is all completely wrong.

God can, and does perform miracles, but what have you ever done for God ?
Think about it..........

The tone of my post is missing the faith? umm... I didnt realize i was coming off associated with a Bad attitude....especially when im asking someone of their experience. Sorry buddy but im probably the biggest faith invested person your gonna meet.
As well...What was the point of your post? it was totally irrelevant to the topic and just brought some negative energy for no real apparent reason other than to let your ego have free rein. If you have nothing constructive to the thread, please dont bother. (feel free to read the ATS rules/guidelines again thanks)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akoostikreiki
Well my name itself states the general view of my answer but..
Yes about 2 years ago when I was 18 I began going to meditations at a friends grandmothers around the same time I began researching and looking into conspiracies..eventually I was offered reiki and it was not what I had expected..but I felt incredibly refreshed and during a time when I had 3rd degree burns reiki sessions had seemed to help ease the pain..I eventually became a Reiki 1 practioner and 2 years later am a certified Reiki Master 3 Teacher,though I am still learning and would not consider myself to know enough to teach by any means..
It is real, trust me Ive known the difference between placebo effects and the power of the mind to create an illusion and something that you feel and know much like the truth..
I'm 20 right now and can say that its coincidental that my quest for the "truth" as a generalized term for now,spirituality and reiki begun similary in times..
However it is a serious artform and I have studied and practiced it and keep up with a daily dedication to it and do not offer anything at all for healings as far as promises that I cant deliver with nor do I charge for any sessions..
Its unfortuante to see that there are con artists in Reiki as in my opinion a good portion of the "new age" movement is disinfo and out for money.
Reiki itself is said by some to be a cure all, for which it is not...It will not magically fix your broken arm and it will not instantly remove your cold..It will help restore your body and release blockages and promote positivty and wellbeing in body mind and soul.
However to the person who said that the Reiki practioner felt the pain she removed the next day...it is very common a technique in meditation called grounding is always used before a healing and an acknowledgment that you reiki yourself before hand to make sure whatever block or negativity/pain may be taken out will not be given to you and instead have the intention it is recycled into positive energy..
I have had skepticism of it at first I will admit..but when you look at the fact that energy is vibration..and vibration is something everything has..The lower your vibration the less well you are, the more prone to disease you may be(other factors of course always vary in this too) and a higher vibration is naturally healthier and more awake in all the senses..

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Akoostikreiki]

Exactly the post i was looking for! THank you very much for sharing. First let me say kudos on finding certain things your searching for, and moving forward with them with dedication. Something i love to hear.
Was wondering though, do you have any bit of suggestion/advice on how to become a reiki master, to be trained, or even to have some therapies done TO YOU?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Check out this thread.

A Thread for Reiki Practioners
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will find many peoples first hand experiences here including my own.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by emptycup
Check out this thread.

A Thread for Reiki Practioners
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will find many peoples first hand experiences here including my own.

THank you VERY much =]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Hi my mom has a reiki diploma and she just got her first paying customer
she does it also from afar meaning she doesn't even has to touch u or even be in the same city.she has had many positive reactions.
She also did it for me and it worked quite well
hope this was helpful and feel free to ask any questions

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That sounds more like some kind of chi work or jinshindo.
Or you are being funny(sometimes I can't tell)

Reiki uses palm pressure and rhythmic loosening of the muscles and joints.

Edit To Add: You guys are right, I remember the placement of palms an inch or so over my abdomen and chest. Hmmm, guess that is an energy facet of the practice. But that was only a part of the procedure, the rest entailed physical massage.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

Sorry, but I'm a Reiki master and have never heard of a form of Reiki that uses pressure and rocking. You must be thinking of some other form of energy healing.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am a Reiki practitioner and have first hand documented evidence that is works.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

1. Placebo

2. Effect

Then the placebo effect can actually dissolve bone spurs and tumors?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I always use touch.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Then the placebo effect can actually dissolve bone spurs and tumors?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Reiki can't.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ive seen and practiced both with "touch" method and the more well known and practiced (as far as I know) hands a certain distance away...You must take into account ones aura and to proceed to not disrupt it or let your energy mix with theres as far as Ive been taught but thats the thing about Reiki..there are many many factions of it and it is not regulated(which is good in my opinion) and there is no central Reiki Master that all must follow in accordnce...Ive heard of Karuna and Kundalini Reiki and a few other different techniques to learn and be attuned to..
Then again theres debate on how one is properlly attuned.. The one thing I know that is most commonly shared between all Reiki Masters and Practioners is that they have a degree from the William Rand Institute(I believe its the name I may be mistaken at the moment tho) and their lineage from themselves to their Reiki Master and their Teacher who taught them and so forth..However there is so much to read and learn and see that I could be incorrect
I would advise anyone who is interested in trying the technique to get a personal teacher(a class may work as effective but imo its much more personal and helpful with someone you know and theres not numbers of other people with you...When I was attuned it was with 3 of friends each time) and if someone is promising you to be a certified skilled reiki master in 3 days from degree 1 to 3 for a high amount of money may be something you should look into before accepting..
Take your time with it and learn and study it for it truely can be a powerful gift, but remember when you are a Reiki Practioner you can still get sick or hurt if you do not take care of yourself properlly..Just because im a Reiki 3 doesnt mean im anywhere near invincible and thats something to always remember
Ive been very lucky with my approach and Reiki Master Ive had to not only be able to talk about my expeirence and learn from her but also talk of the NWO and the government and essentially tie it all together as knowledge that has been kept under the table

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
To be fair, I had a suspicion that the practitioner was interested in me romantically/sexually

If you are anywhere close to your avatar, this comes as a little surprise.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by kaskade

Hi my mom has a reiki diploma and she just got her first paying customer
she does it also from afar meaning she doesn't even has to touch u or even be in the same city.she has had many positive reactions.
She also did it for me and it worked quite well
hope this was helpful and feel free to ask any questions

I'm not asking any questions. I used to be involved in regular and serious Buddhist meditations. I think that distant healing is crock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join