It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama weighs offer of US nuclear umbrella if Israel scraps Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Obama weighs offer of US nuclear umbrella if Israel scraps Iran strike

www.debka.com

A study of the mood among Israeli leaders and military chiefs indicates that at any moment a strike on Iran's nuclear sites must be taken into account. The Israeli media show nothing of this; they are totally absorbed in guessing whether Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu will extend the 10-month settlement construction moratorium beyond its Sept. 25 expiry date at the talks opening with the Palestinians next week. The American media, in contrast, are highlighting speculation about a possible Israeli attack on Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit of headline

[edit on 8/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The new Bushear plant is full of Russians currently, IAEA/UN members and loads of Iranian scientists...

It's possible they want Iran to have 5+ plants online then strike, really off-putting any new Plant plans.

Who knows?..

[edit on 27-8-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If you going to post from a propaganda sources like debka on a daily bases, then you might as well read the damn thing and not just post the first paragraph along with a useless thought that doesn't even relate to the article.

Maybe you can try that tomorrow when making a new "war with Iran" thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
If you going to post from a propaganda sources like debka on a daily bases, then you might as well read the damn thing and not just post the first paragraph along with a useless thought that doesn't even relate to the article.

I love it thank you....Have you ever seen the Simpson's they have a character named Nelson and one of his favorite lines is-----Ha--Ha. I feel it is fitting for this moment.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

and your acting like CNN, Fox, CBS, JPost, PressTV and every other color of the rainbow, are not propaganda sites just like debka..? Come on...don't be so ignorant.

Anyway, I love how we baby Israel so much, giving them nuclear submarines, and f-22 just so they don't throw a temper tantrum about Iran getting nuclear capabilities.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Regardless if it's true or not it probably is irrelevant anyway, if Israel gets attacked with any form of WMD we are bound to get involved militarily which I don't agree with, this country (USA) needs to stay out of other countries affairs and we would be much better off.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Ignorant? What are you basing your comment on? FYI it is a fallacy to ASSUME that because I mention debka to be a propaganda source, then I must think that the others aren't. That being said, if you read the last few paragraphs, you will noticed that they are even more bias then most sites you mentioned.

I do however agree that the US needs to stop babying Israel. I guess when you have one of the biggest lobbyist groups(AIPAC) in your country working for the interests of Israel, then you can't expect much else.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. How do you give a country who already has upwards of 400 nukes, ICBM and SLBM capability a "nuclear umbrella"?

THEY'VE ALREADY GOT THEIR OWN FREAKING NUCLEAR UMBRELLA!!!!

Is Obama that stupid? This is the equivalent of offering up oil or something to a country that already has much more than it needs. Why the heck do they think Israel has been making nukes for during the past 40 years? SO THAT THEY DONT NEED A NUCLEAR UMBRELLA FROM ANYONE!!

Geez sometimes i really question what is going on with folks at the top level.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

new topics

top topics

join