It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police have become the first step.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Greetings,

I encourage you to read this entire statement, It's effectively a post but it demonstrates one thing. Pay attention.

In years past, in my infant days and more so my parents teenage life, police were still brutal and invasive, this is the nature and need of the job. Those who think cops should be civil and kind are kidding there selves in thinking somebody of that nature would want the job! Of course, there are exceptions to the rule and i'm sure on the whole there are plenty of exceptions to the rule.

That being said, I don't want to discuss the morality of individual officers in this thread. What i'm going to tell you is that the general mind set, training, and "attitude grooming" has changed ten fold with our police force in the last 15 years.

You can with absolute certainty guess that you ARE proven guilty before innocent. If you have been arrested for anything and even had the charges dropped, if you are arrested again, you bond will JUMP! You are judged solely by what you have been arrested for and NOT what you have been convicted of.

Police now engage high speed pursuits with minor traffic violators even when they know exactly who is driving, where they live, who they work for and every other detail about there life. Why is it necessary to endanger public safety and life and limb to arrest ANYONE right away because they ran? You know who and what they are, there will be another time....... Absolute and total control is the only reason any reasonable government would choose this option, it is barbaric and reckless in most civilized societies.

You are now forced to produce what your told when your told without probable cause. A cop could show up outside your door for a "noise" complaint and force you to cough up and ID for no reason other than he has come into contact with you. Under the Constitution of the United States of America, any officer of the law must have just and probable cause to enact a search of your person or personal goods. Any random complaint or impromptu interaction between a civilian and an officer of the law DOES NOT justify them to demand you produce identification. These are Nazi tactics, and ones that we have apparently chosen on the whole to ignore.

Excessive force is now the norm. If we don't see a 90 pound women tazed while being surrounded by 5 200 pound men, we wonder...... Why didn't they taze her?
It's been so subtle and so played down by the MSM that none of us can see that brutality is the rule of the day when it comes to the boot heel of the government's first line of defense and influence. Remember, this is the one we see and know every day, your used to it I know.

Soon enough, you will be used to everything above it. Buy more Lay's chips and rent another Netflix movie, you'll barely notice.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You must refuse on your own moral common sense. The urge to do things when people of influence tell you to do it is learned and can be perverted by the perception of power and authority.

My wish for Americans and for all of human kind would be that 90% of all mankind could see themselves as Robin Hoods.

Then, we may be working and living on the same page.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I couldn't agree more with you. Although I am a UK citizen I try to keep tabs on this sort of thing, especially in recent months. The instances of police heavy-handedness seems to be inceasing and I have no doubt that it is intentional.

I can't really figure why this is the case though; the quashing of even minor 'dissent', maybe to lay the foundations of discouraging citizen outcry over some nefarious future government plans.

But it's making the US appear to be moving towards being a totalitarian state.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
yep, the police are militarized nowadays
play their game or you're not a "robinhood"

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm sure nearly every post I ever made here will be used to make me a political criminal in the future America.

But, not because of what I say, but because they don't really understand any of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Dear OP,
You speak of justice and injustice in your post.
It is ironic that you would promote the Police arresting someone for being the owner of a car.
This is what your idea would equate to if they arrested people later on rather than chasing them at the moment.
Plus if said fools are willing to endanger the public's lives by having a high speed pursuit with the Police imagine how much disregard they have for anyone.
I see a hole in your idea, good try though.

top topics

join