It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosemary Found to Offer Best Protection against Radiation Poisoning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Rosemary Found to Offer Best Protection against Radiation Poisoning

They found that formulation of toxic malonyldialdehyde was delayed by the use of rosmarinic acid, and the protection factor was 3.34 times greater than for other compounds studied, as measured in micronucleus testing. In vivo testing showed the capacity of orally administered rosmarinic acid to inhibit skin alterations as a result of UV radiation exposure. This study was reported in the February edition of Food and Chemical Toxicology.

Its good to know something that I already eat a lot of is extremely good for me as well.

I've heard of red wine, iodine, and vodka as radiation poisoning prevention.....but this is a strange one.

Added Info:
www.tfljournal.org...]Full scientific breakdown using mice as test subjects

A scientific paper on how rosemary is being used to neutralize irradiated food

[edit on 27-8-2010 by 7minds]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is wonderful news! My rosemary bush is monstrous, there is no way I can ever make a dent in it. It's good to know I have an abundance of such a helpful herb!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 7minds

Good to know. I have a bottle of Potassium Iodide. I had a nasty cut, from mulch, working in the garden. It became so infected and wouldn't go away even though I put triple antibiotic on it every day, it kept getting worse.
I had "rosebush" or sometimes it's called gardeners infection. Rosie O'Donnell had it too. Anyway, it is hard to diagnose and impossible to clear up without either pricey prescription meds and a doctors visit, or this Potassium Iodide.

A side effect of the Potassium Iodide is that it protects the thyroid against radioactive fallout. Fills the thyroid with harmless radiation so there is no room for the deadly radiation to enter. You can only take it for a few days though. We have a nuclear reactor in the area so I like to keep it handy.

Good to know about Rosemary because like I said, you can only take the Potassium Iodide for a couple days

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
How about you link to the actual scientific journal article instead of "naturalnews.com"?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
A side effect of the Potassium Iodide is that it protects the thyroid against radioactive fallout. Fills the thyroid with harmless radiation so there is no room for the deadly radiation to enter

No it doesn't have any radiation. The reason it works is that you flood your body with non-radioactive iodine so that when you ingest the radioactive iodine due to fallout, you don't absorb it into your thyroid and simply excrete it as excess.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by rusethorcain
A side effect of the Potassium Iodide is that it protects the thyroid against radioactive fallout. Fills the thyroid with harmless radiation so there is no room for the deadly radiation to enter

No it doesn't have any radiation. The reason it works is that you flood your body with non-radioactive iodine so that when you ingest the radioactive iodine due to fallout, you don't absorb it into your thyroid and simply excrete it as excess.

I believe red wine works in very much the same way. It contains strontium 85, which when absorbed prevents the radioactive isotope strontium 95 from being absorbed into your bones.

Hope the other links help out a bit.

I'll add more when I find something more official.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Very good. Thanks for correcting me. I knew it was something like that.
All I really knew for sure is I HAD to stop taking it after 2 days, and it worked great clearing up my infected hand. Believe me this hand was getting nasty.

Do you know why it is harmful to take it longer than a couple of days?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 7minds

I believe red wine works in very much the same way. It contains strontium 85, which when absorbed prevents the radioactive isotope strontium 95 from being absorbed into your bones.

Even better. Then my bunker will have a wine cellar!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I am a gardener and I definitely know how a hand wound can get "out of hand" LOL, excuse the pun. I use Cheyenne Pepper, I add about a tablespoon of powder to some distilled water and I soak the wound. It is amazing that something with that much capsicum does not burn, it instead cools the wound and disinfects it. The healing properties of capsicum are coming to light more and more every day.

Another thing I keep handy is 35% (Food Grade) Peroxide, not that cheap store-bought 3% stuff; I pull it down by diluting it with distilled water to less-than 3% but the effects are tremendous. The reason for this is because the store-bought 3% is not free from impurities and has a limited shelf-life. I do keep my 35% in the freezer and I have burned myself by it directly. It will literally burn your skin, but it does something wonderful, it sloths off old and dead skin and replaces it with fresh vibrant new tissue within days! (I recommend anyone considering this to reach out to various websites on the subject of Food-Grade; Bill Munro is awesome to watch on Youtube, and I like his website too). I was sold by this man and I even participated in Peroxide inhalations for a time; now I can sing an opera! LOL

To get back On Topic, I have Potassium Iodide and from my instructions it is to be used for up to 14 days, and that pets can take this as well by cutting the tablets in 1/4's.

I think you may be confusing the effectiveness of one tablet in that it protects the body for several days. I would not hesitate to saturate myself for several weeks in the event of Nuclear fallout, but I would also try to remove myself from the event or area as quickly as possible. If I knew the fallout was active I would remain indoors but once it was over I would get out of there regardless, me and my pets. Chances are there would be rescue attempts and your efforts will have paid off, but then again, why risk it if you can act quickly and appropriately.

top topics

join