It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a fly dissappear into thin air

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Maybe it flew and you blinked at exactly the same time but you did not realize you blinked. Blinking is something I don't believe we're paying attention to most of the time. However we do lose sight of things for a fraction of second.

Second alternative: You have a multi-dimensional time shifting fruit fly.

Third alternative: You have an extremely advanced bug zapper. It zaps bugs out of existence. How much are you going to sell it for? I want one.

I just thought of a 4th alternative: It wasn't really a fruit fly. It was an advanced US government probe designed to look like a fly. When the officers back at headquarters noticed you were looking at their fruit fly a little bit too much, they decided to turn on the invisibility or stealth mode. I've read they have ways to bend light or reflect light from behind an object to make that object appear invisible. It would be an extremely advanced piece of equipment to put all this on a flying robot the size of a fruit fly.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by orionthehunter]

The 4th alternative does sound possible...

Because the fly didnt fly in random directions like normal flies,
It flew in a straight line and stopped right in front of my nose like a foot away then boom, it vanished

Maybe it was Alien or Government who knows...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think I'd rather see a bug disappear into thin air. I have seen videos where some people claim to see flying insects you can't see with our normal vision. Even worse than that, sometimes I think I feel an insect land on my foot or leg but when I swat at it, I don't usually see anything. That's kind of like being able to feel ghosts touch you.

Oh, that's another alternative, you saw a ghost fly. People have claimed to see ghosts before. I'm just brainstorming here.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I think I'd rather see a bug disappear into thin air. I have seen videos where some people claim to see flying insects you can't see with our normal vision. Even worse than that, sometimes I think I feel an insect land on my foot or leg but when I swat at it, I don't usually see anything. That's kind of like being able to feel ghosts touch you.

Oh, that's another alternative, you saw a ghost fly. People have claimed to see ghosts before. I'm just brainstorming here.

Ive thought about the ghost fly theory before;

But I have seen ghosts in the past,
And they are just images of people that appear and disappear as fast as a flash from a camera

The ghost that I seen was real also because when I saw it I didnt tell anyone,
And an hour later my little sister came to me and told me she saw a ghost in the garage,
and when I asked her what it looked like, she gave the same description of the old lady that I saw,
Then later that night one of our relatives called and told us someone passed away

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

SupremeKnowledge.....

Ive thought about the ghost fly theory before

Oh right! You mean the ol' "ghost fly" theory?

Ummm.....

Sorry.....never heard of that one.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
hey, i just wanted to say....
Did you notice that.... Where ever there is some kinda stale fruit laying around, There's guarantee to have fruit flies? Even during winter outside, there isn't any mosquito or house flies but inside if a fruit is layin around, fruit flies tend to come out from no where???? Like where do these flies come from???

I notice this alot cause at my work place, we tend to have stale fruit laying around and fruit flies always seem to swam the place..

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Because the fly didnt fly in random directions like normal flies,
It flew in a straight line and stopped right in front of my nose like a foot away then boom, it vanished

It saw your face and scared #. Maybe it made a sharp turn like hares do when chased.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

The bananafly probably hit your blind spot, and after that you couldn't just spot it again. It's a small thing, hard to see if you are not following it. After hitting the blind spot of your eye, it just might've given rest to it's wing at the top of your hair

-v

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
flies dont hover, their physiology is such that they have to keep moving in a forward direction..

They are not humming birds.......

i would suggest limiting your ingestion of substances.........and or getting more sleep.......

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
I didnt blink at all,

As an experienced mosquito-watcher (-HATER!), I can relate.

And I think the key is right there in the quote I cherry picked.

Now, be honest (EVERYONE!) and think back to the last ten blinks you made. Do you remember ANYof them? When did they happen, exactly? Blinking is mainly an unconscious reflex. You *can* be aware of it and control it, but only if you *want* to. And up until that fly vanished, you would almost certainly not be taking the slightest notice of your blinks. Your mind fills in the gaps. Now bear in mind that a blink can take anywhere from about 1/6 to 3/4 of a second, and given the speed at which a fly can change direction, especially if spooked (maybe he saw your eyelid moving..) - Hey Presto! Gone.

Or it could be a tiny black hole, probably caused by the LHC...
Or perhaps it was an interdimensional fly (Musca quartus dimensionus).

Added: - the blind spot theory is a good addition! Add 'em up...

[edit on 27-8-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
one blink!
so fruit flies can move from zero to 20mph in one second?
scientist say other dimensions are real.
maybe the fruit fly knows this to.
insects have been around longer than man.
why do people believe that any thing that seems less
intelligent than us can not do any thing better than us.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If you said you saw a moose disappear before your eyes then that would be something to worry about.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It could've been a minion of the lord of the flies on a spying mission.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
so fruit flies can move from zero to 20mph in one second?

Who said that? (but I'd bet some of them probably can...)

Please provide your mathematical derivation of the need to achieve a speed of 20 mph in one second, using the information provided by the OP.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

That makes the most sense to me too, it entered the viewers blind spot just long enough for the focus to be lost. The amazing thing about that blind spot is that the brain fills it in to match the surroundings for you like a perfect 'photoshop job' on the fly so to speak

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Maybe what you see isnt what you saw...

Spy Fly: Tiny, winged robot to mimic nature's fighter jets
www.robotbooks.com...

Maybe "they" have perfected this little item. What a better way to keep a flies eye on the public... Then maybe not. Super fast flies ? Wormholes ?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Check out these videos and articles that was just released/uploaded yesterday,
Coincidence?
I think not....

Swiss researchers have used a fruit fly to steer a mobile robot through an obstacle course in the lab. They call it the Cyborg Fly.
Article Source

The Cyborg Fly Project

Cyborg Fly Pilots Robot Through Obstacle Course

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f60815fc60d9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I've been studying these tiny fruit flies for a while now. They're the 'drain' variety, as we're pretty sure that's where they're reproducing now - though they seem to love and prefer bananas. These things are FAST, but some occasionally seem to defy traditional physics. Sometimes it appears more like they disappeared into thin air than any other plausible explanation. Sometimes they're tired and slow, and I can get them with my bare hands. Other times they're fast, but I track em down and sink 'em with a spray of Windex. Unlike water, Windex sticks to their body and temporarily disables their wings. But, the other times ... another dimension, a 'boost of power' if you will, making them faster than the speed of light? It's one of two.

"Time's fun when you're having flies" -Kermit

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A fly with FTL drive?
Why not? With the way things are going now they word "impossible" is starting to lose it meaning.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

With the way things are going now the word "impossible" is starting to lose its meaning.

Not quite "lose its meaning" but, "less applicable?" Surely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join