It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bane9907's introduction and journey to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hello ATS! the usual "lurker" here.

About me: Well, I'm a 30 year old male from the mid-west that is just trying to keep my head above water and out of the sand so to speak. Like most everyone else here (in my imaginings), I'm just trying to gather as much information and apply my own unique views to find the truth. Unfortunately in this day and age of information, it seems to be getting harder, not easier (especially with programs like photoshop). With all the bloggers, internet news, the MSN, Disinfo, even the governments lies, its like the truth is becoming so watered down that there isn't much left to it. What is left seems to divide and fuel the separation of people both in and out of the truth movement. It is hard to do research and find credible information. At times this feeling becomes so overwhelming that it truly seems that this whole search for truth seems to be a waste a waste of time with no hope of reaching the carrot on the end of the stick. Then I realize that this feeling cant be uniquely my own. I realize if I do not look for the truth, MY truth, I will never know what is going on.

The thing that bothers me the most is the feeling of powerlessness, to look around and see how horribly wrong things are going, and to know that there isn't alot I can do. So I try and stay vigilant, watching the headlines and visiting fine sites such as this (this being the finest), in hopes of absorbing as much information as possible while trying to filter the BS. I try to witness if you will, to my neighbors friends and family. Not to fear monger or appear important, but to somehow pass the spark of interest into the subjects I hold dear to my heart. Subjects that I feel are of up-most importance to our survival as a species, and life as we know it. This has been tough though. Ive alienated many people for this reason, but if I can help to awaken someone else its worth it. The Ironic thing is that I myself am not truly awake, nor could I ever be, or anyone else in my honest opinion. There is too much information to contain in one mind.

I started dabbled into conspiracy theory in the late 90's when a friend of mine started to have late night alcohol fueled debates about religion and philosophy. He popped an vhs tape in about the fema camps, martial law, black helicopters, military strikes on civilian houses, hidden military messages on street sign etc. I must have shown the video to 10 or more people in the short time I was in possession of it. I'm not sure why but while I was extremely interested, I was never GRABBED like I was later.

Fast forward to 2007. I for the first time in my life decided to get the net. It was amazing to have all the info and entertainment right at my fingertips. I began staying up late and neglecting things slightly, I was hooked. Then I discovered youtube.

regular life, over shortly after. I started researching the paranormal a bit. You know the ghost caught on film etc. This slowly progressed to demons, religion, 2012, etc. Just for fun, it was like being a little kid again listening to ghost stories. THEN I watched loose change. I was blown away. While I was skeptical of course there was so much to that video that rang truth. I'm not saying I believe everything i saw, but I definitely felt as in I was on the cusp of something. This subject soon became the focus of my entire waking life. At, work, at home in my sleep. The agony and anger I felt that day and towards these events was enraged. 7 years after 911 I was engulfed by this subject and the possibility that our government would lie to us. I became obsessed. I started consuming every video clip and article I could find on the subject. It was extremely invigorating and incredibly scary at the same time. I lost alot of sleep and a couple friends due to my quest, but it opened alot of other subjects for me to research. I continued mostly in earth based conspiracies over the next couple of years.

To be continued......

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well I had a nice finisher typed up but messed up the final post. So ill finish up quickly.

I became aware of the norway spiral in the beginning of this year. I began research and through a sort of natural progression, chewed my way through david wilcock, camelot, and david icke type of material. After watching the john lear interview by P.C. I found my way to ATS do to the mention of the thread "aliens as real as the nose on your face". After seeing all the many topics and wealth of knowledge on all sorts of topics I was hooked. I then began my several months of lurking before finally registering a month ago-ish.

I finally decided after much though that I would introduce myself and try to become a small part of this community. After bad interactions on other sites I feel that the respect I see on ATS, it is the best place for me to ask questions and become involved in conversation. So please be easy on me ATS. of you have any questions or comments, please dont hesitate. ~bane9907

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard,

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining.

Reading through your introduction I think you might find this piece of work heartwarming in the fact that alot of us whose eyes have been opened go through a similar awakening process :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~meathead

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hi!

Welcome to ATS

to be honest i only skimmed your post, but in response to your lamentation about our powerlessness i only offer the advice that god did not leave you here powerless. only you can make yourself do anything (or not do).

our emotions are a vibration that registers as a frequency in the tapestry of the universe which brings to us more of the energy we put out. positive energy begets positive energy (joy, elation, happiness, etc) and negative energy follows suit.

stay happy and you'll be happy, period.

nice to meet you

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS. You sound like you will fit right in here, so enjoy.
See you around.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
thanks for the welcome!

@Mike Stivic:

Wow thanks for the link. It is a very good example of just what i was trying to say. I dont have the talent that Mr. mask Does though. Now I'm foaming at the mouth for part 2

@CSquared288:

Thanks for the advice. I do feel powerless but I meant to say that the very feeling of powerlessness keeps me going. I think my ADD got in the way

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

That was nice of Meathead to recommend Mr.Mask's Adventure in Conspiracy Theories! It should be a part of the usual get-acquainted info for every newcomer!

By your interests,there's no doubt you've come to the right place!

Personally,I look at everything lately through the eyes of Biblical prophecy,to what is unfolding in everything from "world government" to "one-world religion",and everything in-between. (Don't worry! I won't try to convert you!)

I could probably make threads all day in the Political Madness section,but I'm tired of coming up against people who seem to have an "agenda",if you know what I mean,either that,or they don't mind seeing where this country is headed,maybe because they've been indoctrinated to the point that they love their servitude. I just don't know sometimes!

Like you,there have been many posts made by people who have become alienated from friends and family because of being the bearer of bad news. I'm one of those people,too. We can empathize!

Without being long-winded,all I really wanted to do was say "Hello!" and I hope you feel at home!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A well written description of many of us..LOL
Somewhat like the character Rutger Hauer plays in the movie Split Second, and then Alistair Duncan, the one time sceptic turns out just like him...
Hope this is a good place for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

I too see a biblical end of days in the works as well. I know I would be called a religious fanatic by some. Its funny that a lot of non believers in god find its ok to believe in aliens. To me, If one is possible, than certainly so is the other, if not both. I'm not a biblical historian, or a major ufologist. But i haven't seen physical proof of either. However I 'know' there is a god do to personal experiences, while others 'know' there are aliens by theirs.

I will say this about many non believers in god. They claim how much hate the religious have, they point out the bloody history, but the funny thing is. they attack with just as much hate and ferocity. I find it quite amusing.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bane9907

The alien agenda will say that they were the ones who created humans on this earth,and with "lying signs and wonders" will convince many to believe,who do not already live by faith in the God of the Bible.

I look forward to your contributions to this site!

I'm no historian either,but I think I'm pretty good at connect-the-dots and that I have been led to learn many things I wouldn't have before had it not been for prayer and seeking His truth.

Before long,all mention of God,or Jesus as Savior,will be banned,considered hateful and divisive.

Interesting times we're in for sure...and you know where it's heading.

Again,...glad to have you here at ATS!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have wondered if aliens could in fact be demons. I haven't heard many good alien encounters. especially when reading things where people claim to be able to force an encounter, usually late at night alone, just screams conjuration too me.

new topics

top topics

join