It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivor: Migrants shot for refusing to become cartel soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

www.msnbc.msn.com

The sole survivor in the massacre of 72 illegal immigrants headed to the U.S. has said a notorious drug gang gunned them all down after they refused to work as assassins, according to a source at the prosecutor's office for the state of Tamaulipas quoted in Mexican media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This just got much worse. Slaughtering 72 innocent people because they refused to become cartel soldiers ... I am sorry but no legalization is going to make these sick, demented people go away.

I only wonder how many previous migrants took them up on their offer and are here in the US? Los Zetas could have an entire guerrilla army right here in the US. God help us if this is the case because then we are really screwed.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is really sickening,it really is,they're people,they may be future illegal immagrants which I'm against but they're people none the less.

There are few things I'll ever say that the gov needs to do something about but this is one I would. I think its past time we unleashed the dogs of war on these killers,period. I'm all for decriminalization of hemp or mary jane but I still think a few battallions should be released on these animals, I really do,hunt them down like rabid dogs and kill them. Thats all I really got to say about that.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Funny how we have a failed state on our southern border and yet we've got all our blood and treasure in AFGHANISTAN!? This nation has lost its collective mind.

When our economy is totally collapsed then I guess the zetas will be the new law here as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I read stories like this and wonder if they are the done by the hand of the same species of which I am a part ... and not just this story, throughout our history.

How does someone do this?

How?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
... I am sorry but no legalization is going to make these sick, demented people go away.

You're wrong! The only thing drug gangs fear is legalization

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
legalization won't work because all they'll end up doing is taxing the crap out of it and a gram of coke would still end up costing $60-$80, and a gram of weed would end up costing $10 and an ounce $150-$200. all it would do is create competition. the cartels would offer it a lower price and better quality and cut the government out of it. since it would be legal there would be no penalties to get the cartel and they would still kill each other for territory. the only way would be to offer drugs with government licenses and sell it so low that it would be economically unfeasible and cost prohibitive for the cartels to maintain a manufacture, supply and distribution network while keeping the penalties for trafficking without a license the same at it is now for drug trafficking. either way if it was legalized consumers would still need product to buy so all the cartels would do is sell these consumer nations all the drugs they need. the violence would definitely go down because it would be hard to see gangbangers killing each other to work at 7/11 for $3.45 an hour to sell you weed.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Of course legalization would work! Portugal is the perfect case study of the success and benefits of de-criminalization.

After drugs were legalized there, the black market and drug dealing pundits almost disappeared, their criminal system was unclogged, and surprisingly, drug use was slightly reduced!!

Check my thread (quoted above) for more information on this topic.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I hope someday soon there are some brave people who will stand up against those animals and put them in their place.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

www.msnbc.msn.com

The sole survivor in the massacre of 72 illegal immigrants headed to the U.S. has said a notorious drug gang gunned them all down after they refused to work as assassins, according to a source at the prosecutor's office for the state of Tamaulipas quoted in Mexican media.

you can see here the quality of their assassins lol. it is unfortunate they lost their lives.

these cartel soldiers are just some schmucks with a gun who probably can't aim. they can kill unarmed victims but will run in a real battle.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I hope someday soon there are some brave people who will stand up against those animals and put them in their place.

Those brave people are being shot as soon as they make their intentions known. I am surprised the Mexican President who is a great ally of the US has not been killed yet. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to these cartels because there is literally no act too heinous for them to prove a point. The whole idea is to FRIGHTEN people into submission and compliance.
Make the marijuana legal and you will solve about 75% of this problem resulting in dead people. Pot never killed anyone.
I think it is brave of those who refused to become assassins and were killed. We owe a debt to them and should understand they are martyrs.
I don't know why this thread has not got more attention, stars and flags.
I guess people are so caught up with their own problems like medical bills, the rising price of groceries and sending the kids to college, they do not care any longer about LIFE, that is not American life.
I think we should be ashamed of ourselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
I am surprised the Mexican President who is a great ally of the US has not been killed yet.

If he, or the former President Fox were relevant enough to make a difference they would be killed.

As it is, there is mostly just tough talk and a lot of corruption.

Meanwhile the poor are caught in the middle.

- Lee

[edit on 28-8-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Something's a little fishy about this story... all of them turn down $2,000 a month after being blindfolded by a well-known armed notorious drug gang and taken out to a remote ranch?

“Na… keep the money Mr armed drug dealers (even though it’s more than each of us can make in 4 months wages) and please take off these blindfolds and we’ll just be on our way.”

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I don't think it so much that people no longer care about life that isn't American life, I think that many people are just overwhelmed and can only handle so much these days.

In any case, I do hope that someday something can be done and people won't have to die needlessly, no matter who they are or where they are from.

top topics

join