It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damage to Israeli Companies exacts a heavy price

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
An amazing organization of jewish people denouncing Israel's apartheid policies is Jewish voice for peace. You should really check them out if you haven't already. They're really cool and decent and best of all, they have a conscience.

Half of their active base lives in Israel, btw.

Norman Finkelstein's books are also a must on this topic!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Friend do you really believe by boycotting a few items in selected stores will have an impact on the Jewish business comunity The people who basically invented commerce and tradeing.I think not if the Jewish government removed THEIR investments from Worldwide Business then there would be a worldwide problem.Please do not believe that because a few like yourselves Grunt and make anti-Israel noises that everyone agrees with your anti-semetic stance,THERE are more people out there who understand and agree with Israels position than you may think so knock yourself out mate people on reduced income will always vote with their wallets nothing else matters.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral

I said Zionism came from russia, who looks russian and who looks israeli in that video? Who looks like their blood came from a place other than the ground of Israel? That is how you can tell a Jew... and Jews follow the 10 commandments. Who looks like a real jew and who looks like they are faking being a Jew?

"Who looks like a Jew"? What does a Jew look like? Barbra Streisand? Adolph Hitler? Sammy Davis, Jr., maybe? What does a Russian look like? Tell me, oh learned one, how do I identify a "real" Jew so that I may avoid them on the street? Perhaps you should make a post with the different types. Oh and pie graph. I like pie graphs.

/Q

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I mention this everytime this Jewish Zionist argument arises.

Zionists and NeoCons are one in the Same. They are war profiteers.
And are commensurate to the current wars in the Middle East.

Just as the NAZI's were Catholics, but not all Catholics were NAZIS.

Zionists are Jewish but not all Jews are Zionists !

Plain and Simple.

And Further more, the economic sanctions against IRAN have not been mentioned here.

The sanctions against Iran, are an act of war, and are backed by the Zionsts.

Their sole purpose is to incite more War and fatten the bank accounts of the Neocon/Zionist war mongers.

The products which back/promote Zionism, are justifiably boycottable to convey the lack of support for products used to support more violence and war in our world.

Shalom or Peace be with us all.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Friend this was probably a well constructed if not somewhat plagurised comment but to be honest it was so heavy and boring i suspect most people fell into a coma five words in!! Well done and keep up the astute observations.I look forward to your next episode...Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Magic Bullet

What has anti-semitism got to do with anything, "friend"? This is such a common ad hominem fallacy. I am not advocating the boycott of jewish business or jewish trade. I'm talking about the boycott of a STATE whose policies towards another group of people I don't agree with.

I mean, what you are trying to tell me is that if I make a justified criticism of Israel's apartheid policies I'm anti-semitic? Moreover, if I was a jew making that criticism, would I be a self-hating jew?

Ok, so if we were back in 1984 denouncing South-Africa's apartheid regime and claiming for a boycott as a leverage point to end its racist policy, what would that make me? A communist or something? In this sense, if I was Desmond Tutu or Nelson Mandela fighting apartheid, would that make me a self-hating black man? This is exacly your line of argument.

And "mate", before you label me with the anti-semitic smear, just to let you know, I dated a jew girl three years of my life.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

Thank you most sincerely for the well wishes.
This boycott thing should work out well and even if it doesn't I have the comfort of saying that I did not support their regime.
This may be a long process but much like the knife fight it is won by numerous small cuts.
By the way one of the best individuals I have ever known was a Boy Scout.

(Edit)
For clarity.
I am sorry if this comment offends anyone as it seems to have put me on someones foe list.
I am truly sorry for the profanities it contains.
As a gesture of goodwill I have friended this person.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by g146541]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Boycotting Israeli produce is by its very nature designed to harm the Israeli producer therefore in turn the Jewish state .Please do not then try to change the argument to imply something else, Give the people credit for seeing what this really is!!! Your scout badge is in the mail for dating a jewish girl...somewhat surprised one would have you!!!! good luck mate take care...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I thank the OP and a few members here for educating me on how to better boycott Israel.

My first willing boycott of Israeli products was back in 1988. I was working in a wood cabinet factory and was informed by our superviser that a large order for cabinets had just come in from Israel so that their new settlements could be constructed as our cabinets would be used in those constructions. These tags were in a blue print instead of the usual black.

Once the blue tagged cabinets with their bar codes attached showed up I informed my supervisor that I would not have anything to do with their construction and on what grounds I had come to that decision.
My supervisor being a nice guy allowed me to work on another assembly line for the regular cabinets that would be staying in the USA.

This was my first concious boycott of Israel.

With this information I will now cancel my Home Depot card and that store all together:
-I'm covered on the Coca Cola because my family has been making its own soda's in an attempt to avoid high fructose corn syrup for years.
-In Texas we have Whataburger that takes away any reason to go to McDonalds and we don't eat fast food to begin with.
-We use organic yogurts and will have no problems with the Danon ban.
-I never liked Timberlake products to begin with so will have no problems there.
-GE can have their light bulbs as there's plenty of competitors who make even longer lasting ones these days.
-Johnson and Johnsom baby powder was replaced by Burt's Bees in our household long ago anyway.
-Sara Lee can stay in the frozen goods aisle. Never touch that crap to begin with.
-Starbucks has always been too Illuminati for me with poor service to boot.
-Nokia wont be used because we don't use cell phones. Land lines are great and give less micro farads of radiation to the brain! In fact, they give 0 mf to the brain.
-As to the wiseguys here who asked if people were going to boycott their computers let me make it clear that they can change their computer's CPU at their next upgrade by simply (as I'm going to do) changing their Intel Pentium CPU to a AMD Athlon chip that works just as fast as a Pentium.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magic Bullet
Please do not believe that because a few like yourselves Grunt and make anti-Israel noises that everyone agrees with your anti-semetic stance...

Anti-Israel equals anti-semitism? How did you come by that stance? Does that mean that everyone that is anti-Obama is anti-American? Same logic dude. By that reasoning over half of America is anti-American.

THERE are more people out there who understand and agree with Israels position than you may think...

I think you better do some more research on current events. The Israeli propaganda machine isn't working as it once did.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I ask this of the Israeli supporters on this thread who take a dim view or ridicule the boycot of Israeli products...

It is all right for Israel to slaughter peace activists who were armed with potato peelers in defence of economic sanctions which are military blockades that are like deadly boycots on steroids.
These sanctions are directed at destroying the democratically elected government of an occupied territory.
The Israeli government has had to admit that they are LYING about blockading to prevent weapons from entering Gaza, and that the blockade is about econmically destroying the legitimate local government.

But it is not OK to Zioist Israel a non violent taste of it's own medicine.
This is the classic stance of the cowardly bully,
is it not..?
One who can dish it out, but can't take it...

Anyone who tells me that GOD supports cowardly bullies, had better produce a signed deed or I am just going to laff .

After all I reference my points...I expect people who claim to represent or believe in god, to reference their points as well...

"I bless those who bless Israel"...?
When they are commiting "Satanisms"?....
What kind of God would stoop to that?

Israel imposed severe restrictions on Gaza in June 2007, after Hamas won elections and took control of the coastal enclave after winning elections there the previous year, and the government has long said that the aim of the blockade is to stem the flow of weapons to militants in Gaza.

However, in response to a lawsuit by Gisha, an Israeli human rights group, the Israeli government explained the blockade as an exercise of the right of economic warfare.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

PS
Since Israel is now know without doubt to have nuclear weapons EVERY dollar of aid that is sent from the US is ILLEGAL:

All US aid to Israel is Illegal Since 1976 Symington Amendment

www.sott.net...

Really that makes every US citizen who supports Israel a traitor, no?
Dr Paul Craigh Roberts on Aipac control of uS elections and ownership of the US government:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Compared to that, boycots almost seem to be required, yes?

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I really believe that no matter who the 'average' citizen of Israel votes into power, this situation will remain the same.

These boycotts are not hurting the rich, but the people just trying to make ends meet.

On one hand it's heartening to see people taking a stand, on the other it's just pissing the people off that we need on side.

When I served in Northern Ireland, I became acutely aware of two distinct "factions": Those who wanted trouble and those who didn't. The latter suffered the most. Kept from doing anything about the problem through lies and fear and murder and intimidation and just trying to get on with their lives.

I hated/loved being in Ulster, it never made any sense. I felt terrible for being there, but made some great friends from all sides. It was NI that made me THINK.

Israel/Palestine is much the same. It serves a purpose. This divide and hate. Who's purpsoe I cannot say. Though I have a good idea.

Until the problem is peacefully sorted out, by EVERYONE saying 'enough' TOGETHER, the world sits on a powder keg.

And someone, somewhere, is very happy about the shiz this causes.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
Did you know that Starbucks forwards part of its revenue to Israel as well? Everytime you buy a latte, you're putting a bullet in the IDF's rifles or funding israeli settlements in palestinian land.

Something to think about the next time you're ordering a caramel macchiato.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by RadioKnecht]

Darn, had I known that I would have started drinking coffee and only from there. Israel can boycott in return and do more damage to these moronic companies in the long run. Its about as ignorant as California trying to boycott Arizona. I say go back to Egypt and Jordan you Arab terrorist Palestinians.

Arabs have NO right to any land they stole from Israel and lost to Israel after they ATTACKED ISRAEL in the first place.

I find it amazing that people expect Israel to give back land that is theirs, Israel was attacked TWICE by the Arabs before Israel took back the West Bank and Jerusalem.

The Arabs were going to attack AGAIN in 1973 after being prodded by the Russians to do so and Israel hit them ONLY after there was a massive tank and troop build up along its borders.

Records show that Russia even told Egypt and Syria that they the Russians would join in on the fight if the Arabs met certain objectives. The Russians were going to launch an air strike on Dimona but didn't because Israel still had total air dominance and the U.S. told Russia to stand down or risk all out war with us.

I will stand with Israel till the Anti-Christ takes over and give the rest of the lying, ignorant, evil world each of my middle fingers till the day I die.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

bans US assistance to any country found to be trafficking in nuclear enrichment

LOL, I guess all that Aid that went to Russia, France, Germany, Pakistan and India is as well hu? Do you have any proof that Israel has sold or transfered nuclear weapons to anyone? No, didn't think so. Meanwhile Russia, North Korea and the Arabs are having a nuclear circle jerk. I bet your all for that are you not?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
here is a list of companies that support israel finiancally and help israeli snipers blow palestinian childrens heads off :

Have any proof of that? Did you confuse yourself with the little boy that got shot by the PLO while he was in his daddy's arms? We here at ATS and the civilized world already proved that was an Arab lie and he was shot by the Arabs not the Israelis.

How about the little Arab boy that walked up to an Israeli check point crying and pissing his pants because his daddy strapped a bomb to his arse? Did the Israelis shoot him, no. They got him out of the bomb, took him to an orphanage and went to find daddy.

I personally would have paid large sums of money to see that kids dad get blown up by that same bomb vest. I don't see Jewish kids blowing themselves up. How about the 3 year old girl on TV taught in a PLO school to hate and kill Jews? I don't see Israelis teaching that in schools.

The Arabs that are in Israel are their to make Israelis life's hell because thats the way Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon and Syria want it. Thats the only weapon the Arabs have to use against Israel that will not cause Israel to destroy all of them. The Arabs in Israel have wanted to leave but were never allowed to by their home nations. Now we have a plaque in Israel who made up a name and now call themselves Palestinians.

They are a tactical, Political and economical weapon used against Israel and one day they will all be dealt with if they can not run for the hills fast enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

That video is nerve recking lol

Good Job Zionists, you know how to F us up in every way..

I'm starting to believe them, I'm starting to believe they are the chosen children of GOD

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

It's wonderful to see these companies acting independently and boycotting trade with Israel....and most of all to see that this is really having an impact.

This is an excellent example of how the people can have an effect. No wonder Israeli gov has been worrying about how it is perceived in the world - because it is losing money - the ONLY thing, apart from power, which is of any interest at all to the murderous government.

For some time now I have boycotted any product which is made in Israel and am writing to my local supermarkets to protest against them selling Israeli goods. We are many, we can have an effect.

[edit on 8/27/2010 by semperfortis]

You know, Israel is hardly the only government in the world that kills, and has a degree of corruption. But...this is ATS after all, where bashing Israel and America makes you cool. Not that I am pro Israel, but the same ol BS regarding Israel is beyond lame. MOST nations are seeking to expand their power and influence, and are willing to kill innocent people to further their agenda.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

Well said,
let's boycott USA for being in an illegal war with iraq and afganistan,
let's boycot every other nation who did ever make profits from wars and colonization.
Let's see, italy, france, england , let's boycott them, just because their wrong doing was long ago doesn't make them less wrong.
So why is israel any different?
Lets' boycott russia, china,
let's boycott turkey, never heard of armenian genocide? probably not, knowing the average pacifist mentality and ingorance.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by wcitizen

Israel...I will bless those that bless her and curse
those that curse her.

so I imagine that you believe its ok to steal land by force now?

by your signature you are part of one of the many cults of Christianity, so I ask you, do you believe that God chose some humans above others?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon

israel bashers are just pathetic, not to mention ignorant.

Long Live Israel.
Shalom.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ProdigalSon]

*snort

that is pretty funny comment. Ignorant. Hmm.
Ignorant that the Jewish people that claim that land, just happen to not actually have any roots there. They are from Russia and beyond.

Ignorant, Indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join