It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damage to Israeli Companies exacts a heavy price

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Damage to Israeli Companies exacts a heavy price

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk

This is another news item which will doubtless not appear in the Zionist controlled MSM.

Snippet:

The following article originally appeared in Hebrew on the Ynet website on August 25, 2010. It was translated by Dena Shunra.

It’s not only Norway: Israeli companies are boycotted by many countries for political reasons. Glass factory owner: the boycott has caused me enormous damage.

Yesterday’s decision by the Norwegian Oil Foundation to remove its investments from Africa-Israel and from Denia-Seabus, claiming that they are involved in illegal construction in the Territories is only the last of a long and growing line of decisions taken by governmental and private companies in Euro
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-8-2010 by wcitizen]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/27/2010 by semperfortis]

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's wonderful to see these companies acting independently and boycotting trade with Israel....and most of all to see that this is really having an impact.

This is an excellent example of how the people can have an effect. No wonder Israeli gov has been worrying about how it is perceived in the world - because it is losing money - the ONLY thing, apart from power, which is of any interest at all to the murderous government.

For some time now I have boycotted any product which is made in Israel and am writing to my local supermarkets to protest against them selling Israeli goods. We are many, we can have an effect.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/27/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
its the only thing that changes minds hit em in the pocket
now if only people were aware ther day to day purchases change the world
s+f =people power

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Did you know that Starbucks forwards part of its revenue to Israel as well? Everytime you buy a latte, you're putting a bullet in the IDF's rifles or funding israeli settlements in palestinian land.

Something to think about the next time you're ordering a caramel macchiato.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by RadioKnecht]

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Anyone taking bets that the money lost to Israeli companies will be covered by the American taxpayer?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

anyone one want to bet the usual crows will come in and claim anti semetic

well on topic, its nice to companies take the moral high ground
if israel are going to use the companies to build settlements outside their boarders they dereve to hit by boycotts,

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioKnecht
Did you know that Starbucks forwards part of its revenue to Israel as well? Everytime you buy a latte, you're putting a bullet in the IDF's rifles or funding israeli settlements in palestinian land.

Something to think about the next time you're ordering a caramel macchiato.

Not challenging you, just looking for a reference.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Strong taxpayer investments in Israel have great profit potential when future wars will bring new defense and weaponry contracts worth hundreds of billions. A great stimulus plan, and could provide thousands of new jobs in the defense industry.

We just have to find a way to "get the party started".

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly! Israel is going to get its war-machine funded, either through the tax payers or their corporations and most likely both. The American tax-payers will pay regardless but its a question of how much we have to pay because Israel is going to be funded, period. With that being said, I still support boycotts because at the very least, it sends a message.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

No, I didn't know that, but now they are on my list too. Thanks for posting that.

People power.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

No doubt, but that won't stop me boycotting Israeli goods! Interestingly, in another thread, I posted some info which is not appearing in MSM, of course, about protests by orthodox Jews against Israel.

I was really surprised to see in the video what some of them had on their placards and comments they made - one of which said 'dismantle Israel peacefully'. Another 'Palestinians have the right to all the land', 'Israel should not exist as a state'.

There is, seemingly fierce and loud Jewish opposition to Zionism and Israel that we never get to hear about, so I will point those who yell 'anti-semite' in that direction, lol!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According to these guys you pay a tax to the Those guys on most of the stuff you eat...
cost passed on to the consumer of course.
If true
guess Ill go check some labels to see.

[How The Kosher Tax Operates] The Union of Orthodox Rabbis which issues the (U) symbol controls 80% of the Kosher certification business. They employ some 300 Rabbis who travel nation-wide inspecting food processing plants. First, the company must pay an annual fee for the use of the copyright symbol the (U) or (K) or a version thereof. Second, the company must pay a separate heavy fee each time a team of Rabbis shows up to inspect their plant (Certain meat packers are required to hire Rabbis full time at extravagant salaries). Third, the company must pay these fees over and over again for each different product they make. Thus, General Foods pays dozens of separate fees. Also, each sub-contracting company which provides any type of ingredient which goes into the finished product must also pay separate fees to the visiting Rabbis . Sometimes a single product may eventually be taxed as many as a dozen times right down the line before it reaches you the consumer! Last, but not least, these fees must be paid annually and they are increased each year. Only by increasing the public awareness of the Kosher Food Tax and doing our best to refrain from purchasing products with the K or U symbols, can we begin to end this outrage being perpetrated upon our people. With the purchasing power of the dollar less all the time, we cannot afford this outrage to continue unchecked.

www.samliquidation.com...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Not challenging you, just looking for a reference.

Sure!!

Check this, this, and this.

Or you can just google Starbucks israeli connection/settlements.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have heard about the "Kosher Tax" and it is in fact true, though not really a tax technically. It does however equate to the same purpose.

In fact, Snopes tries to disprove this and this is why Snopes has lost credability from me. I know for a fact that different companies have to pay certain Rabbis in order for these Rabbis to certify that the food is kosher. I also know that much of that money goes to pro-Zionist charities and funds, among other things.

Furthermore, I also know that Jewish families (some, not all), make sure that foods are labled kosher before buying them (I believe it is a "k" in a circle, or something similar).

With that being said, it gets past along to the customer in an indirect way, as opposed to how taxes would affect us. It's technically different, though the end results are the same, as far as how it affects us all.

--airspoon

For further reading on the "Kosher Tax".

Disclaimer: I'm talking from the top of my head and have not researched this, rather I'm just going from my own experience.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Darn you as I am all about the bean!!!
Good thing I have another brand that I normally buy as it is a lot more affordable than starbucks, but I will keep this in mind next time I buy a coffee outside of my house.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
here is a list of companies that support israel finiancally and help israeli snipers blow palestinian childrens heads off : general electric, home depot, starbucks, mcdonalds, coca cola, estee lauder, danone, johnson and johnson, nokia, nestle, timberland, sara lee, ibm and intel. taken from various websits. basically help your local hardware store out and buy as much as possible from them. drink pepsi and eat burger king. use a sony phone. starbucks sucks and is for tools. better yet, eat home cooked meals and drink freshly squeezed orange juice.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Yeah, you and I both pay these "fees"..

Makes me feel really good when I have a plantain and sumac salad while walking through the bush.
Followed by blackberries and a road apple
and a bicycle ride

The symbols are on the cans I just checked.

I understand snopes has been caught out on a few issues...

At least here at ATS its all understood discernment is the key word and we all know it.

Our taxes go to all sorts of weird stuff, and I know if I had my way I would tax all of the churches...
I wonder if those Guys pay tax on this money that the Rabbis get?
If not, that would be a double wammy.

To be fair, it isn't just Israel that deserves a boycot, there are a lot of bad things underlying our lifestyle, that if widely known, would turn some folks right off Im sure, but we all turn a blind eye to many things...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Anyone taking bets that the money lost to Israeli companies will be covered by the American taxpayer?

man you beat me to it , arrrrrghhhh
why did i have to read all posts

yes you are right , it might satisfy those who take action but sadly at the end of the day , month , or year they will get their compensation from the tax payers , how sad , you can not control what you pay for the government , but anyway its a good thing to see people take action.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by illusive man

No doubt, but that won't stop me boycotting Israeli goods! Interestingly, in another thread, I posted some info which is not appearing in MSM, of course, about protests by orthodox Jews against Israel.

I was really surprised to see in the video what some of them had on their placards and comments they made - one of which said 'dismantle Israel peacefully'. Another 'Palestinians have the right to all the land', 'Israel should not exist as a state'.

There is, seemingly fierce and loud Jewish opposition to Zionism and Israel that we never get to hear about, so I will point those who yell 'anti-semite' in that direction, lol!

i saw them with my own eyes about two months ago and took pictures, lots of them , that was in london high street Kensington , hundreds of jews were there with those signs.

i wasnt surprised because i have seen them on the internet lots of times , but this one was special because it was in front of me.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Urgh. It took about two seconds for me to have that cringing thought as well. It's probably hurting individual and families more than it's going to hurt the Isreali government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join