It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Energy Black Holes May Be The Key

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i was doing a little thinking about zero point energy extraction today. i started doing research into this field.
keep in mind i don't have a degree in quantum mechanics. i just enjoy the hobby of thinking about things far more grander than day to day monotony.

what do we know of that has so much gravity that it can bend light and time?

Black Holes.

what do we really know about them?

Zilch

According to relativity theory, energy is equivalent to mass as a source of gravity, thus zero-point energy should gravitate, which according to general relativity means producing a positive curvature in space-time. At first glance one might assume that if there is an enormous amount of zero-point energy underlying the universe, its effect would be to dramatically curve the universe to a minute size. Indeed, if the spectrum of zero-point energy extends to the Planck scale, its energy density would be the mass equivalent of about 1093 grams per cubic centimeter which would reduce the universe to a size smaller than an atomic nucleus.

yes but how fast will this occur?

Zero-point energy behaves differently. For ordinary radiation, the ratio of pressure to energy density is w=1/3c2, which is customarily expressed in units whereby c=1, and thus the ratio is expressed as w=+1/3. But for zero-point energy the ratio is w=-1. This is owing to the circumstance that the zero-point energy density is assumed to be constant: no matter how much the universe expands it does not become diluted, but instead more zero-point energy is assumed to be created out of nothing.

created out of nothing? everything is something. maybe a Zero Point Module on a cosmic scale?
there is no free interactions, everything comes at a cost.

Results from the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) show that 23% of the Universe is made up of dark matter.

Dark energy makes up 73% of the energy and matter of the universe.

my real question is, could the LHC be doing what a black hole does? could a black hole be colliding atoms at such a speed that it creates dark matter? and could the creation of this dark matter have a bi product? maybe dark matter by any chance? correct me if im wrong but wasn't the number one fear of the LHC was creating a black hole?

after all, aren't the scientists at CERN trying to make dark matter? so maybe the dark matter they are after isn't really there primary goal? maybe they are trying to harness ZPE and collect it. you know without big brother and all the greedy companies finding out. this would destroy oil and electric companies not to mention coal, propane.....the list goes on.

let me know what you all think.

CITED FROM
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.calphysics.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No, LHC isn't for making dark matter. It was created to smash particles at higher speeds than ever before, in order to observe super atomic particles that we have yet to see, but can say theoretically exist due to scientific equations. A prime example would be the Higgs Boson particle. It supposedly exists in everything but is way too small to be observed without the proper equipment, such as a gigantic hadron collider and the worlds most powerful microscope.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla wasn't experimenting with zero-point energy, he was experimenting with 'Radiant Energy' a.k.a. not the energy which drives everything in the universe, but more of the energy which radiates from this driving force. he invented collectors for this and was set to release this to the world when the government came in and confiscated all this inventions and journals. Tesla's lost inventions were buried and as long as TPTB are still in control they will unfortunately remain buried.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

At first glance one might assume that if there is an enormous amount of zero-point energy underlying the universe, its effect would be to dramatically curve the universe to a minute size. Indeed, if the spectrum of zero-point energy extends to the Planck scale, its energy density would be the mass equivalent of about 1093 grams per cubic centimeter which would reduce the universe to a size smaller than an atomic nucleus.

That's a good indication that the huge amount of supposed "zero point energy" is an unphysical phantom, and there's nothing real to "extract".

Everything physically real in the universe is a source of gravitation in the stress energy tensor, as far as we know.

yes, of course the QM of the vacuum has an effect (known since QED) which is physically observable. There is no direct physical observability of this zero-point energy, therefore one must conclude it is a formalistic artifact of mathematics.

top topics

join