It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Soldier Ruben Colon Accused of Waterboarding Foster Son for Wetting the Bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Army Soldier Ruben Colon Accused of Waterboarding Foster Son for Wetting the Bed

blogs.seattleweekly.com

Ruben Colon, an active duty soldier at Joint Base Lewis-McChord

According to court documents, on a night in May 2009 Colon's six-year-old foster son told him he'd just had an accident in their Yelm home. Colon allegedly responded by holding the boy's head under a running bathtub faucet and telling him he should just let him die.

The water was running "all over my head and my nose. I couldn't breathe. I was choking and coughing," the boy is quoted as saying. And when asked how long he thought h
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. soldier 'waterboarded his own daughter, 4, because she couldn't recite alphabet'

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If anyone remembers this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was a thread earlier on about a soldier waterboarding his daughter because she couldn't recite the alphabet and the general argument was that it had nothing to do with being part of the army.

Here today we have another example, are there any examples of non-soldiers waterboarding their kids?

Fair enough, if it's not waterboarding it's another form of abuse, sure, however this is real torture and how they treat alleged terroists.

blogs.seattleweekly.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll get flamed by somebody for saying this, but anyone who'd do that to a child needs to be removed from the gene pool.

It is utterly reprehensible.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree, things like this make me sick.

Poor kid.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i was gonna make a joke of this thread like i have so many others this evening out of boredom, but this is absolutely sick, i cant wait till judgement day when i have my moment with this piece of sh!7

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm sure I'll get flamed by somebody for saying this, but anyone who'd do that to a child needs to be removed from the gene pool.

It is utterly reprehensible.

Yet it is 'condoned' by the Military and he is just following their lead.

This is horrible. That Colon guy is an arsehole.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The war is breeding a whole new generation of psychopath's, they have to come home sooner or later, just in time to go into police academy !!

... I should say of course not all soldiers are like this, not at all. But war does things to people, especialy the types who already have a tendancy towards violence.

... some detest war, while soldiers like this probably embrace it. So twisted, probably not even realizing what they've become.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I agree my brother in-law went to Iraq one way and came back completely changed. I remember the look in his eyes when he described to me what it was like to shred someone with a 50 Cal machine gun, and then bag his own kill. He also came back of video of him in firefights laughing like a maniac. I haven't felt comfortable around him since. Now he is home from his second tour and I haven't talked to him yet. I do not look forward to it, even though I care and consider him my own blood.

I must point out hat not all soldiers deal with it in the same way. I've seen my grandfather go into post traumatic stress "episodes" but he refuses to talk about 'nam to this day. Whereas the bro inlaw hasnt had an episode of PTS at but loves to talk about it. Then there are those who come back and seem relatively unaffected at all. I know one thing. I thank god I have never had to go through these things.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That guy's name is the only thing right about him that I read. He IS a colon-hole.

Doing that to your kid is beyond messed up and sick.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

wow and people wounder whats wrong with the world these days

maybe we should waterboard him for being such a ********* (use your imagination on the ******)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
The war is breeding a whole new generation of psychopath's, they have to come home sooner or later, just in time to go into police academy !!

You raise an interesting point, many times people here ask about in the future when we are in a police state how could the police state cops betray their own countrymen and oppress them.

I think here's your answer, send them to war to change them, make them sadistic and voila! You'll have a few that will do whatever to anybody and might even be yes men to their bosses. What else could the NWO ask for?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
They would also make fine Blackwater recruits. It's incredible that you can take what was once a caring, loving being and turn them into sadistic murderers and psychopaths. The cost of war cannot be measured in terms of battlefield casualties alone. Guys like these with no obvious wounds are still victims as their humanity has been destroyed. I am sad for the children and the soldiers as both are casualties of war.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To answer your question - yes, non-solidiers do.

FLDS have been accused of using this technique on babies and tots to "sweeten" them by breaking them early.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ah, that killed it eh? It is more inobvious when a dozen stupid inane posts get made to bury it.

Then let me poke at you one more way. Because it is stuff like this cross over that a bunch of serious conspiracy folks should have caught a long time ago.

The FLDS men have been known to use a known military torture technique or two.

The FLDS make their money to support their lifestyle in the USA with contracts with the USA military.

The FLDS is running a "human lifestock" program as a mass experiment. Many of the women or men who have left will tell you that.

Cross overs like that should make any real conspiracy theorists spidey senses tingle like a good dose of X.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You will see more cases similar to this one as more military personnel begin to return home from the battlefield in the coming years.

Many of these men and women have been traumatized by war. You can't expect all of them to properly readjust to civilian life so quickly.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wait, is he being prosecuted?

Why!?

I thought water-boarding wasn't torture. In fact I hear it's quite pleasant.

top topics

join